Traded James Aish [traded with #69 and future 3rd to Fremantle for future 2nd & 4th]

Remove this Banner Ad

What the hell happened to this bloke? He was playing league footy in the SANFL at 16 years old, and playing well.

Did he just peak early? Not much room left for development in an AFL system?
He's quietly a good player. Not going to be an AA defender but he's playing at a level you would be happy with. I think he gets into 17 other AFL teams.

The money he's on however. Since the pies have Mayne/Maynard/Howe ect. And some good runners it makes him absolutely expendable. Ild take him at hawthorn.

He's quietly a good player. Not going to be an AA defender but he's playing at a level you would be happy with. I think he gets into 17 other AFL teams.

The money he's on however. Since the pies have Mayne/Maynard/Howe ect. And some good runners it makes him absolutely expendable. Ild take him at hawthorn.

He was one of the best prospects in an absolutely stacked draft, I'm just not sure how one can fall that far.

Future second is madness when players like Bruce and Keath are being mooted for less.

He was literally the butt of most AFL wide jokes for 2 years and I don't think his 16 touches a game, playing in one of the deepest midfields in the league, with literally no opponent because of it, constitutes that return.

Has he ever finished even top 20 in their B&F in any of his years?

This should be a Butler style deal, 5th rounder +.

Essentially seeing as Collingwood are trying to salary dump him on one of the worst contracts in the AFL at the moment.

Has played down back more often than not the last couple of years, barely played mid

Agree 2nd round is overs

It’s weird how cheap you can get players. Josh Bruce for a pick in the 30s? If you drafted someone like him in the first round you’d be pretty happy. A pick in the 20s for Aish isn’t ridiculous.
Yeah spot on. Great target up forward, kicks decent bags and rarely gets injured.

In terms of trade value compared with Daniher and the price you'd have to pay to get him, Bruce value wise, wins in a canter.

i dont quite understand this from collingwoods perspective. he was generally in their team, so presumably losing him hurts their best 22 during their premiership window. he is already contracted next year and its 2021 when the salary cap issues hit (since all their salaries for next year are already in place) so why not keep him for next year, and then if need be offload him the year after? I get that you could get a pick for him now but will that really help next year?

Yet we had cap space for Tom Lynch to make him seriously consider. Pies making room for Grundy, Moore and JDG, and also a big name FA in 2020 ~ watch this space.

On the flip side when a player is pushed out, they aren't as committed to get to their next club of preference. Aish would net an early second rounder or there abouts.
Lynch money went to Beams.Your cap has been mismanaged.

... he is contracted. You're supposed to demand three first round picks for him.

All this reasonable discourse is not driving clicks.. and from another Taylor too...

Disappointing.

Ha Ha. It’s a buyers market in this one by the looks. Should be good buying for your Dockers.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i dont quite understand this from collingwoods perspective. he was generally in their team, so presumably losing him hurts their best 22 during their premiership window. he is already contracted next year and its 2021 when the salary cap issues hit (since all their salaries for next year are already in place) so why not keep him for next year, and then if need be offload him the year after? I get that you could get a pick for him now but will that really help next year?

Well at least from my perspective, our back 6 looks like:
Howe - Roughead - Langdon
Crisp - Moore- Maynard

This means players such as Scharenberg and Aish are expendable as they aren't in our best 6. We also have guys such as Quaynor (who would replace Scharenberg) and Murphy (who would replace Aish) as they are younger, cost less and have more room to develop. This means players such as Aish and Scharenberg are expandable as although they are very handy players, they carry some value between the 2nd-3rd round pick range which means we should look to off-load them.

Aish is in 20-25 best player bracket at Collingwood and the magpies want a salary cap dump.

2020 Third round pick.

Offering him a 3 year deal; I’d take the Dees future second (they will likely improve in 2020) you got as part of Ed Langdon deal.

Offering him a 3 year deal; I’d take the Dees future second (they will likely improve in 2020) you got as part of Ed Langdon deal.

Why not wait keep him until out of contract.

He’s injury prone. Has never managed more than 12 consecutive games. Made a prelim without him having any input.

Fremantle have supposedly offered Aish a 3 year contract to join us. I'd understand a 2 year deal, but 3? Did we not learn from Colyer & Kersten?
The kid plays all of next season as a 24yo. I would see him as a significant upgrade on Colyer who only has a year to run?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back