James Worpel [signs 2 year deal]

Remove this Banner Ad

We’ve been called a lot of things this year, but can safely say “good” is not one of them.
Specifically your midfield has been good for stretches of games. You're not consistent enough to win off the back of it, but it's a far and away a better environment than ours which is better than West Coasts but couldn't name another. We've literally seen Ollie Henry, Jeremy Cameron, and Tyson Stengle at centre bounces.

My point is that if you drop Worpel into the cats midfield, you don't get BnF Worpel, you get vfl Worpel. It's pointless

The problem is that Worpel has only ever been good with good players around him. He would not be playing well at the cats.
That’s been the opposite of his career so far. His best two years have been without Mitchell in the team. He’s played better with more responsibility.

Even in 2020 and 2021 it wasn’t that he was terrible just that he hadn’t been showing the form he had previously.

2022 was a bad year. He got too big and couldn’t run anymore.

That’s been the opposite of his career so far. His best two years have been without Mitchell in the team. He’s played better with more responsibility.

Even in 2020 and 2021 it wasn’t that he was terrible just that he hadn’t been showing the form he had previously.

2022 was a bad year. He got too big and couldn’t run anymore.
Mitchell literally had a structure around him that helped him win the Brownlow then went out injured the next year and you dropped Worpel straight in. That was the year he looked good.

In any case I've made my opinion, that a trade for Worpel would be a Tim Kelly trade mk2, clear enough. You are free to agree or disagree

He would be the Cat's best midfielder right now.

Laughable to think he would be fringe like Parfitt.

No holmes is and will be better than him.

I agree he will be better than parfitt but the fact that he cant play a 2nd position is something we tradationally dislike.

No holmes is and will be better than him.

I agree he will be better than parfitt but the fact that he cant play a 2nd position is something we tradationally dislike.
Holmes butchers it as much as Worpel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disposal efficiency this year

Holmes 64.1%
Worpel 65.1%
Disposal efficiency is a nonsense stat. Any disposal not a direct turnover is considered efficient. That’s why Billy Hartung was considered a decent user. Holmes is clearly going to be an elite talent. Worpel is doing well making the most of his strengths, despite significant disposal deficiencies he’s had the whole way through from his draft year. Anyway we want him cats don’t he will sign a contract likely 2 years soon and kudos to him for turning things around this year. Shows great character and work ethic.

Is this thread still full of hawks supporters spouting how good James Wawful is but they think they should trade him?

Having a real good/almost career best season is the Worpedo !

Definitely getting paid by the Hawks (he won't leave) but his manager doing the right thing by deferring his contract extension until later in the year.

I think he is probably a better player/higher ceiling that I thought he would be/had tbh

Having a real good/almost career best season is the Worpedo !
There’s no almost about it really. He’s ahead in all metrics.

He’s having a career best year, and delivering on the potential he’s always had.

And he takes out the Club MVP. has been top class in quite a few games and shown consistency of output through the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back