Traded Jarryd Lyons [traded to Gold Coast with pick 71 for picks 43 and 67]

Remove this Banner Ad

We don't lack midfield depth at all, we just lack another A grader to assist Sloane. We need quality not quantity as was shown when we played the top sides this year. Lyons is a good player, just not a huge upside for him.
Adelaide's midfield depth wasn't really tested this year. Hard to say if it's good or bad

Lyons to GC could help get the O'meara deal going.
How? The only currency Hawthorn has is #48. GCS can simply trade #44 to Adelaide for Lyons.

I suppose if Adelaide will take a Hartung type for Lyons, maybe. But would they do that? Surely this is simply a matter of GCS trading directly with Adelaide. They've got more picks than they need anyway.

Hawthorn,adelaide,carlton and gc,possibly do a trade involving lyons,Gibbs and o'meara,swap of picks possibly?.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I wonder if pick 10 is enough for Gibbs? If so a 3 way which would see;
- Pick 10 and 48/ Schoenmakers go to Adelaide
- Pick 13 and Lyons go to GC
- Omeara to hawthorn
- Crows use pick 10 for Gibbs

Last edited:
- Pick 10 and 48 go to Adelaide
- Omeara to hawthorn

I'm thinking Lyons to Suns will make Gibbs trade go faster to Crows

Suns trade Pick 26 to Crows for Lyons
Then
Gibbs and 58 for
Picks 13 and 26
This way Crows end up with a Third Round Pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lyons is a very solid pick up for the Suns, wish him all the best.

Adelaide's midfield depth wasn't really tested this year. Hard to say if it's good or bad

One of the main issues has been selection/playing underperforming seniors so we can't really know for sure.

I'm thinking Lyons to Suns will make Gibbs trade go faster to Crows

Suns trade Pick 26 to Crows for Lyons
Then
Gibbs and 58 for
Picks 13 and 26
This way Crows end up with a Third Round Pick
The only reason I suggest a three way is that it's a last chance for GC and Hawthorn to save face without backing down on demands, there won't be another best 22 player announce he wants a GC trade with 24 hours left I think it's not coincidental Lyons announces he wants to go to GC an hour after Cochranes comments.

- Pick 10 and 48/ Schoenmakers go to Adelaide
- Omeara to hawthorn
So pick 10 isn't enough so we now go further back in the draft.. no

So pick 10 isn't enough so we now go further back in the draft.. no
You'll be getting a first round and best 22 player you want as a last gasp before getting 0 return on JOM. Regardless I'm talking about Lyons please save the arguments for the JOM thread I'm spitballing ideas here, cheers.

There is no arguing. You through out an idea and I cut it down.. we wanted 10 and 14, why would we 13 and Lyons. Carlton wouldn't take that with Gibbs, why would we
We can't get you two first rounds, it's not even being bias and stubborn I mean it literally can't be done so come up with some suggestions. Stop being rude, cheers.

We can't get you two first rounds, it's not even being bias and stubborn I mean it literally can't be done so come up with some suggestions. Stop being rude, cheers.

You could have - you prioritised Tom Mitchell.

I'm not being rude? Im just responding to you're post. What have I said that you didn't like

You could have - you prioritised Tom Mitchell.
Yep, and that's done and dusted. So both sides can try their best to get this deal done with what we have or they both get nothing, which is fine but both clubs are negotiating, got any suggestions or are we still gonna live in the past?

Yep, and that's done and dusted. So both sides can try their best to get this deal done with what we have or they both get nothing, which is fine but both clubs are negotiating, got any suggestions or are we still gonna live in the past?
I think it's too late to do anything..

Well Lyons looks like he might be Hawks saviour - other than that walk away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back