Traded Jeremy Cameron [traded w/ 2x 2021 R2 (ESS/GWS) to Geelong for #13, #15, #20 and 2021 R4]

Who won this trade?

• GWS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Geelong

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Or we take him at 6 in the draft. Game glitch. lulz
It would be interesting if Geelong got to pick 6 and there is a draftee they wanted but didn't think they could get, would they really want to use that pick on Cameron

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry meant narkle. Would you prefer to trade 10 & 15 or 10 and ratugolea and narkle?

The second but its irrelevant if the players in question refuse to be a part of the trade.

If he rejects a matched offer, he is merely in the same position as someone like Saad. It’s pretty rare for uncontracted players to go to the draft.

Its rare but does occur (see Jack Martin).

No fuss means you're coughing up early picks.
Otherwise there will be fuss.
Yep, if that's what it takes. JC wants to get to GFC, we want him there. Our CEO has said we want him "big time".
GFC would have an understanding of what its going to take to get a deal across the line.
The fuss will be made by plebs like us on an anonymous internet site and the media. The clubs will sort it out and with our previous history of being professionally run and history of doing big trades like the Dangerfield one, we will do what is fair and reasonable IMO to get JC to the club.

The NBA?

Lebron. - Lakers.
Kawhi. Pg. - Clips
Kd. Kyrie. - nets

The Lakers failed to make 'finals' /(post season) when ad forced the trade too
I wouldn't put NBA in the same category. Someone like Lebron averaged 38 out of 48 minutes game time. You have 5 players on court so your money buys you 16% of combined total game time. Compared to AFL where a player playing 80% time on field is contributing 3.6% of his sides total.

My point is that I'm the NBA you don't have to buy many players to make a great team. If you have 3 elite players on the court then your team is 60% elite players. Not only is there a huge advantage in paying mind boggling sums for a player to come in but that player only has to convince a handful of other elite players to follow him over and they are going to be competitive.

Compare that to afl: Did Gary Ablett junior make much difference to the Suns getting pounded year after year? Did he convince others to join?

Cats don't have Pick 9 - the band 1 compo will likely be Pick 9, following their first pick.

Cats have 11, 13, 18/19 and some others

Agree that the compo is reasonable, but think the Giants will want to try and extract more juice from the lemon - which is a mistake imho, as it was a mistake to not budge on the $$$ to keep Cameron in the first place, only to huff and puff about matching later. It doesn't breed good will with players, or in this case, oppo clubs.

It'd be a different story if Jeremy was contracted and/or much younger, but he's not.

I think this case highlights exactly why RFA needs to go entirely and be just unrestricted aftet 5 years.

We have a 28 year old out of contract being huffed and puffed about atm who cant wak to the club of his choice after many years in the game.

Its a terrible idea from the start and when matched creates alot of ugly scenarios and bad blood that is worse than trading.

Just scrap it

Yep, if that's what it takes. JC wants to get to GFC, we want him there. Our CEO has said we want him "big time".
GFC would have an understanding of what its going to take to get a deal across the line.
The fuss will be made by plebs like us on an anonymous internet site and the media. The clubs will sort it out and with our previous history of being professionally run and history of doing big trades like the Dangerfield one, we will do what is fair and reasonable IMO to get JC to the club.

My gut feel is it wll be something like pick 13 and our second next year for cameron and potentially a player like ratugolea or narkle. Along similar lines to how the matched danger trade went down.

We're the same. Did all that with Jaeger and Chad. The media now almost say we're too easy to deal with. I respect Wells and your mob. To be fair, I thought you dragged WC over the coals a bit for Kelly. But now it's your turn to pay the fiddler. Swings and roundabouts. Time will tell.

We're the same. Did all that with Jaeger and Chad. The media now almost say we're too easy to deal with. I respect Wells and your mob. To be fair, I thought you dragged WC over the coals a bit for Kelly. But now it's your turn to pay the fiddler. Swings and roundabouts. Time will tell.

Yeah, was quite surprised to see Wells do that for Kelly, was a pleasant surprise just to push back a little and to quell any assumptions that we were 'too easy' to deal with. I have no idea how, but i'm sure Wells will cough up something of fair value. The issue will be people's (media) summation of what's fair value for a past Coleman medallist. You're right, time will tell.

GWS, take the free pick (Will be pick 9).

Then we'll trade overs (pick 11) for XOH or Caldwell. That'll give you picks 9,10+11. Win, win, win, win, win

Love this. would it be flirting around the edges of draft tampering?
I Don't have much knowledge of XOH or Caldwell, guessing they're a reach for pick 11 although if a Lachie Weller is worth a pick 2 to the Suns, then maybe you're right. Win, Win.
Would this be enough to satisfy GWS? I'm not so sure.

I think the whole 'he needs to get home but only to Freo' thing, left a sour taste in our mouths, so we pushed back this time. Didn't help that it emerged WC had been in Kelly's ear from day dot, and had already tried to get him for 'unders' the first year. We ended up with far more than I thought we would, and as a result, we'll probably end up giving up 2 firsts ourselves without anything coming back this year.

Like you said, swings and roundabouts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love this. would it be flirting around the edges of draft tampering?
I Don't have much knowledge of XOH or Caldwell, guessing they're a reach for pick 11 although if a Lachie Weller is worth a pick 2 to the Suns, then maybe you're right. Win, Win.
Would this be enough to satisfy GWS? I'm not so sure.

I'm guessing that would be a no-no just too much difference between XOH/CAL and pick 11 for it to stand scrutiny, plus selling Cameron+XOH/CAL leaving for Geelong while costing the cats only a single pick would be stinky optics. I'm guessing GWS will match, im betting we try for our P15/P16+2021 first rounder and end up spending either p15 and p16 or p11 and 2021 first rounder.

I'm guessing that would be a no-no just too much difference between XOH/CAL and pick 11 for it to stand scrutiny, plus selling Cameron+XOH/CAL leaving for Geelong while costing the cats only a single pick would be stinky optics. I'm guessing GWS will match, im betting we try for our P15/P16+2021 first rounder and end up spending either p15 and p16 or p11 and 2021 first rounder.
They would also would have to want to go to Geelong where they may be stuck behind players again

Draft tampering hey.

Has anyone actually looked into some of the deals the Giants have done over the last few years. Case 1 last year when they traded to manipulate the system to get Tom Greene. That trade was absolutely embarrassing

Spare me the stinky optics and draft tampering line.

Nope, their model has and will need to be adjusted in line with their talent and list demographic. Horses for courses because remember Black Caviar never ran in a Melbourne Cup let alone won one!!

The key for GWS is bringing a premiership to the likes of Kelly otherwise the club will collapse and the NSW market goes with it to

That's.the club's problem if they can't retain players. Brisbane couldn't hang onto anyone a few years ago and look at them now, what changed?

Adelaide has struggled for a decade hanging onto players, in particular key position players for some reason.

Hopefully Gold Coast are stabilising now with some long term signings after the departures of May and Lynch.

Re-signing Leon Cameron may have been a big mistake.

GWS, take the free pick (Will be pick 9).

Then we'll trade overs (pick 11) for XOH or Caldwell. That'll give you picks 9,10+11. Win, win, win, win, win
Every time an RFA trade comes up, someone on BF suggests this tactic and it never happens because using the compensation to “top up” the trade is an incredibly obvious rort.

Every time an RFA trade comes up, someone on BF suggests this tactic and it never happens because using the compensation to “top up” the trade is an incredibly obvious rort.
Yes yes a rort. Every time it comes up hey so once in 5 years with Danger.

I think the AFL has shown they no longer care. Look at the draft tampering that goes on with their academy picks. Apparently that’s just astute management. That Tom Greene deal last year was embarrassing and tampering at its very core. Blatant exploitation.

Last edited:
Back