Review JLT Community Series | Game 1 | NM vs Sydney - Postmatch Discussion & Review

Remove this Banner Ad

North Melbourne forward Jarrad Waite was charged with kneeing Sydney Swans defender Harry Marsh and can also accept a $1000 fine.

Huh?
3rd quarter, I believe, they didn't exactly replay it and it was a little out of shoot.

North Melbourne forward Jarrad Waite was charged with kneeing Sydney Swans defender Harry Marsh and can also accept a $1000 fine.

Huh?
Was it the incident just before Mountford kicked the goal in the last? I think Huddo questioned what Waite was doing in that contest.

What happened to Wood that he needed a scan at the hospital today?

Rolled an ankle.
sigh.gif

Sorry to burst the bubble, a good win, I don't know how we came back and won it, thought we'd get flogged by 50, but I still think we're in for some pain this year. We have very little A grade talent, it was pretty obvious, only Tarrant and Goldy are in that category. Hopefully Ahern and Simpkin have some quality.
Our foot skills and decision making need to be a lot better, but they gave good effort. Looking forward to seeing some of the young guys develop, with Vickers Willis, Clarke, Dumont and Hrovat standing out as guys having a bit of composure with the footy.
We're just lacking that midfield talent to compete with full strength top sides, but at least we've figured out where we're at. Kinda excited.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did anyone else notice electric live wires when it came to maintaining possession in our forward 50?
A bit different to what I'm used to watching. There were a few times when Sydney we're trying to clear it, but the likes of Turner, Wagner, Mountford, Clarke and Hrovat were ready to pounce in small packs and lock it in

JLT stats adjusted for game time.

HSmkqLT.png

EDIT: Number to the left of the players name appears to be their AF ranking.

So if a player came onto the ground for 1 minute and got a few handballs and a kick before going off he would have had like 300 disposals adjusted for game time?

I was happy to see the young guys like Ed Vickers Wills Sam Durdan McKay etc get good game time.They will get better and the future looks good.

[QUOTE="chubbspeterson, post: 48835869, We have very little A grade talent, it was pretty obvious, only Tarrant and Goldy are in that category. Hopefully Ahern and Simpkin have some quality.[/QUOTE]

Higgins not A grade talent.

OK.

So if a player came onto the ground for 1 minute and got a few handballs and a kick before going off he would have had like 300 disposals adjusted for game time?

Yes, that's correct.

It's not a flawless statistic, but it puts into perspective the performance of guys like Hibberd and Mountford.

JZ with a DF of 42.1, but I'm going to sledge Gibbo and Swallow so I get selected in the BF Posters team of the year!

I agree in general with the sentiment, however, JZ gets a lot more contested football, kicks the ball more than Gibbo and kicks long (I also think missed shots on goal count as an ineffective disposal). JZ will be more inaccurate by default. If he got a lot more uncontested ball, went by hand a lot more and kicked shorter chip kicks he would naturally have a better disposal efficiency.

It is difficult to compare these two players in general, however, I do agree than Jack butchers the ball way too much.

Yes, that's correct.

It's not a flawless statistic, but it puts into perspective the performance of guys like Hibberd and Mountford.

I was taking the piss, mate. I think it is fine for guys who played a fair chunk of game time. There is just the potential that players who played for a short period of time could have been around when we had momentum and might be unrealistic to expect them to have that output over a whole game.

But it is a good indication in general.

I listened to some of the game on SEN and they were giving him a wrap; the AFL website has him in the best players and the Age names him first in North's best, so not everybody thinks he was rubbish

But none of them would have a clue. Like most of us. Not a clue.

Huh?

He deserved the fine. He slid in late with his knee slamming into Marsh's ribs while Marsh was lying on the surface. The commentators made little mention of it but they'd have done so if it was a meaningful game with an opposition crowd reacting to the incident.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back