Review JLT Community Series | Game 1 | NM vs Sydney - Postmatch Discussion & Review

Remove this Banner Ad

I just enjoyed watching the new look team. Of course we can't play all the youngsters once the real stuff starts, wouldn't want to, but it's fun to see lots of them running around in the royal blue and white and knowing they are our future.

Our best 22 will be super competitive this year, just hope injuries don't destroy us again.

You guys debating over Jmac are just wasting your time. Its a practice game. Not every player has premium skills the first time they step out. If you have played sport, there are guys who can not play sport for 2 years and come in and be like they did not play....and there are guys who take time to get to their best. I am the latter and play top level in a sport but when I am off season and come to play I am like a spud.

Jmac is a fantastic player and stepped up many times last year when a lot of the team couldnt. He runs through from HB brilliantly and read the play well. Is a solid kick normally and kicks the odd goal from time to time. But please stop bagging the guy from a first hit up practice game. Look at the many Swan players who were crap today too with their disposal. God. Arguing like a pack of school kids.

Mountford is a unit.
As I said earlier, he is all 3 in 1 :):

latest

+
latest

+
Hulk-06-Imagem+sem+fundo.png

:)

EVW is a lock for round 1. He and Williams will be great additions to our backline. They both can actually defend. Our backline looks like being better than last year. We have enough options up forward to kick competitive scores. The big question mark is on our midfield. Do we have enough skill speed and run through the midfield?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 19
Sydney v North Melbourne
Coffs International Stadium, 2.05pm AEDT

SYDNEY
4. Daniel Hannebery, 5. Isaac Heeney, 6. Jordan Foote, 7. Harry Cunningham, 8. Kurt Tippett, 10. Zak Jones, 12. Josh Kennedy, 13. Oliver Florent, 14. Callum Mills, 17. Darcy Cameron, 19. Shaun Edwards, 20. Sam Reid, 21. Jack Maibaum, 25. Ben Ronke, 26. Luke Parker, 27. Daniel Robinson, 28. Nic Newman, 29. George Hewett, 30. Tyrone Leonardis, 31. Harrison Marsh, 32. Michael Talia, 33. Brandon Jack, 38. Colin O'Riordan, 40. Nick Smith, 42. Robbie Fox, 43. Lewis Melican, 44. Jake Lloyd, 45. Sam Fisher, 46. Sam Murray

Notable absentees: Jarrad McVeigh, Kieren Jack, Lance Franklin, Dane Rampe, Heath Grundy, Aliir Aliir

NORTH MELBOURNE
2. Marley Williams, 4. Shaun Higgins, 6. Lachlan Hansen, 7. Jack Ziebell, 8. Nathan Hrovat, 9. Andrew Swallow, 10. Ben Cunnington, 11. Luke McDonald, 12. Lindsay Thomas, 13. Ryan Clarke, 14. Trent Dumont, 18. Shaun Atley, 23. Ben McKay, 24. Sam Durdin, 28. Kayne Turner, 30. Jarrad Waite, 31. Braydon Preuss, 32. Mason Wood, 33. Ed Vickers-Willis, 34. Jamie Macmillan, 35. Declan Watson, 37. Will Fordham, 39. Mitch Hibberd, 40. Nick Larkey, 41. Corey Wagner, 42. Declan Mountford, 43. Sam Gibson, 44. Cameron Zurhaar, 46. Matthew Taylor

Notable absentees: Scott Thompson, Sam Wright, Todd Goldstein, Robbie Tarrant, Majak Daw, Ben Brown

Would take an eternity to delete everything but what matters. Sorry.
Jacobs is best 22 i reckon, so is mullet. Hansen also didnt play

.....Gibson, we know what we're going to get, and we also know he's not going to be dropped. He'll be named on a wing in each game this season. Get used to it.

Find it hard to reconcile the idea of Gibson locked into 22 games with the general direction the club has gone since Sept 2016. Gibson and Thomas as automatic selections would not indicate particularly clear thinking.

The hell is wrong with me. My memory is both deeper than I thought but also jankier and fragmented. I know the end of the contract is 2018. I don't need to assume anyone here should care. For the life of me I can't find the article that says it's his last and that he wants to give post 2018 to someone else.

The hell is wrong with me. My memory is both deeper than I thought but also jankier and fragmented. I know the end of the contract is 2018. I don't need to assume anyone here should care. For the life of me I can't find the article that says it's his last and that he wants to give post 2018 to someone else.

Reckon you're making s**t up (again) :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what I saw today none of them are best 22. Swallow best hope Simpkin, Ahern, Anderson or a Mountford type don't come on soon. We looked better balanced today than I can remember.
Mullet 2nd half last year he got better and played a good final! A guy that is quick and has a booming kick is always on the radar! And i love jacobs! Ahah

I can't add much more to what has already been written, but I thought I'll give a special roast to the entire commentary of the match.

Stupid comments such as VW not being good at one on ones, their over-potting of McKay and the commentators (especially the boundary knobs in Lake and Dixon) were negative on a lot of our better efforts/plays (some of it was warranted, but most of the negativity wasn't).
Compared to the dill who wrote the afl.com.au review, they were awesome. At least they noticed that the hyphen, Durdin, Hrovat and Williams were among our most influential players and it wasn't all about the old hands steadying the ship (how the * could anyone watch that game and STILL say it's all about the old guys at North Melbourne?).

Compared to the dill who wrote the afl.com.au review, they were awesome. At least they noticed that the hyphen, Durdin, Hrovat and Williams were among our most influential players and it wasn't all about the old hands steadying the ship (how the **** could anyone watch that game and STILL say it's all about the old guys at North Melbourne?).
So the same as last year, they have no idea.

From what I saw today none of them are best 22. Swallow best hope Simpkin, Ahern, Anderson or a Mountford type don't come on soon. We looked better balanced today than I can remember.

Yeah.

Our side looked more dynamic through the centre of the field.

As someone who really gets into the preseason matches, including rolling out to North Ballarat to watch us get trapped in the same back pocket two years in a row against really s**t Carlton and Dogs teams (we were "working on our game plan", I recall)...

That was the best preseason match I think I've ever seen us play.

Not fussed by the sloppiness and rustiness - one of the cleanest teams in the league was sloppy and rusty too, moreso probably - but wrapped with the intent, effort,and in particular the way we placed responsibility on the kids and that they performed pretty well. Durds, EVW, Hrovat, Mountford and Turner in particular. Plus I thought Watson and Taylor did damn well first up. Bit disappointed by Wagner who never really got near it. McKay showed glimpses too.

I did feel a little for Larkey though - life as an AFL stringbean. However he competed well and reckon he's a great late pick. Give him a couple of years in the gym and we could have a real diamond in the rough there.

No idea what this all means for the season ahead, but I really enjoyed this one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back