Recommitted Joe Daniher 2019 [requested a trade to Sydney - didn't get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

I would love to know what sort of offers were actually being put forward. I'd would be filthy as a Sydney fan if my club had given up more than a pick 40 odd for a guy who can't get on the park and is about to be a free agent.

Why not? Is is just because he's already in the system.

Yes, once you've been on a list you can't nominate for F/S.

No Prior Registration:

A person cannot be included on a Club’s Primary List under the Father-Son system if he has, at any time, been registered with the AFL as a player with any Club.

Swans have ****ed this up massively imo. Harley went in balls deep on Daniher and they weren’t willing to offer enough to get the deal done (surely they bring pick 5 into the equation?). Everyone knows Dodoro is a tough negotiator so it doesn’t affect us going forward. The Swans though have hurt their chance of players nominating them in the future. The Swans aren’t normally this poor in the way they operate

Sydney can offer Daniher next year a huge contract to the point where Essendon won’t
be able to match the offer.

Lol

No ones scared of that. We can match any pissant offer they make. Joe is already on massive coin. Can easily
Up it to force a trade.

They are paying buddy 1.5 next year

Sydney can offer Daniher next year a huge contract to the point where Essendon won’t
be able to match the offer.

Mate Daniher will burn them now. Players hate getting promised a move only for that club to make little effort at the trade table. Swans s**t the bed

What opportunity did we miss? Sydney apparently never put pick 5 on the table. All they offered us was a pick they didn't have.

I'm glad we're taking a chance on the possibility of convincing Joe to stay. 12 months is a long time in footy.
Agreed.

We were hanging out for a big opportunity but it was never put on the table. The best offer we received was one second round pick better than the offer we're going to get from the AFL in 12 months, if he still wants to leave. I'd probably be disappointed if we turned down 5 + 9 but it sounds like that was never a deal

Yes, once you've been on a list you can't nominate for F/S.

No Prior Registration:

A person cannot be included on a Club’s Primary List under the Father-Son system if he has, at any time, been registered with the AFL as a player with any Club.
What if he decides to retire and his clean shaven brother "Moe" nominates for the draft?

So the Swans lose Z. Jones, Darcy Cameron, have a player in Papley who doesn’t want to be there and didn’t have the balls to get the Daniher deal done, all the while coming off a bottom four finish.

Are we looking at a new contender for the spoon next year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the Swans lose Z. Jones, Darcy Cameron, have a player in Papley who doesn’t want to be there and didn’t have the balls to get the Daniher deal done, all the while coming off a bottom four finish.

Are we looking at a new contender for the spoon next year?
Jeez
And essendon have two players who dont want to be there. How's that going to work out?

What opportunity did we miss? Sydney apparently never put pick 5 on the table. All they offered us was a pick they didn't have.

I'm glad we're taking a chance on the possibility of convincing Joe to stay. 12 months is a long time in footy.
Not sure it was ever accurately reported what the swans wanted.
All the "pick 5 + pick 9" stuff came from the media from what I could tell.

But I really think Daniher is valued much higher by Sydney than what he will deliver for Essendon if he stays. You probably think differently which is why you don't see an opportunity lost. Another 12 months of a Daniher that can't get on the park will drive his value down and probably limit the heights he can reach.

As someone who overtly hates Essendon and wants to see them burn, I'm relieved that the trade didn't go ahead. Essendon has a few holes in its list and a couple of high picks would give them access to some midfield talent that they're severely lacking.

The key forward thing would be an issue for 2020, but could spend a year courting key forwards across the league and plug the gap afterwards, play Hooker forward for a season. If Daniher continues on this injury prone trajectory of the last two years, you'll be in that situation anyway without a year development into a top ranked junior.

The whole "there are no key forwards in the draft that we could replace Daniher with" is such a short term view.

I like Daniher - I reckon he's a champ of a bloke and a great player to watch when on so I hope it works out for him. I just really think it won't, and the fact he put his hand up to change clubs suggests that he also thinks it won't if he stays at Essendon

"Daniher nominated us, maybe you guys shouldn't have stuffed up his rehab... ...Ultimately We will offer X and Dodo will want Y, then he will fold like a cheap suit at 729 for Z (much less than our initial X)lol Essington"

They came in talking like they had the big ol' eggplant primed - then when show time arrived - out came the hyperflaccid hokkien noodle.

Never change swannies

On CPH1979 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not sure it was ever accurately reported what the swans wanted.
All the "pick 5 + pick 9" stuff came from the media from what I could tell.

But I really think Daniher is valued much higher by Sydney than what he will deliver for Essendon if he stays. You probably think differently which is why you don't see an opportunity lost. Another 12 months of a Daniher that can't get on the park will drive his value down and probably limit the heights he can reach.

As someone who overtly hates Essendon and wants to see them burn, I'm relieved that the trade didn't go ahead. Essendon has a few holes in its list and a couple of high picks would give them access to some midfield talent that they're severely lacking.

The key forward thing would be an issue for 2020, but could spend a year courting key forwards across the league and plug the gap afterwards, play Hooker forward for a season. If Daniher continues on this injury prone trajectory of the last two years, you'll be in that situation anyway without a year development into a top ranked junior.

The whole "there are no key forwards in the draft that we could replace Daniher with" is such a short term view.

I like Daniher - I reckon he's a champ of a bloke and a great player to watch when on so I hope it works out for him. I just really think it won't, and the fact he put his hand up to change clubs suggests that he also thinks it won't if he stays at Essendon

Yeah let’s get draft picks whilst hooker and Hurley etc get older.

Not sure we would take your view with any consideration considering as you say you’d like to see us burn.

No thanks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back