Recommitted Joe Daniher 2019 [requested a trade to Sydney - didn't get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

They may be disappointed. I'm hearing some talk of Papley going to Saints. Their pick 5 certainly seems more attractive than Carlton's pick 8.

Lol that pick is going to Freo for Brad Hill.
I think the talk you 'heard' is just made up

Im sick of all this talk about Daniher leaving. What first started as an innocent catch-up has potentially turned into a trade because the media are hunting for a big trade headline. The media are just jerks, need to stop trying to create false headlines. Its partly because of them that this could happen.

Im sick of all this talk about Daniher leaving. What first started as an innocent catch-up has potentially turned into a trade because the media are hunting for a big trade headline. The media are just jerks, need to stop trying to create false headlines. Its partly because of them that this could happen.
How is it their fault, normally where there is smoke, there's fire.

I think the fact we haven’t offered up an extension for him yet suggests we are concerned about his body.
Really? We've never been the type of club to offer an extension for a contracted player before the trade period.

re: Hogan, the Dees thought they had a fwd line in Weideman and T-Mac, Hogan had long been linked with Freo & they had a trade target to acquire in May (& KK).

Dons aren't into a high profile recruit (that i've read anywhere about anyway), nor do we have a fwd line without him. And he hasn't shown any desire to leave (yet)

re: Hogan, the Dees thought they had a fwd line in Weideman and T-Mac, Hogan had long been linked with Freo & they had a trade target to acquire in May (& KK).

Dons aren't into a high profile recruit (that i've read anywhere about anyway), nor do we have a fwd line without him. And he hasn't shown any desire to leave (yet)
Jeremy Cameron 👍

Really? We've never been the type of club to offer an extension for a contracted player before the trade period.
Joe is our marquee player, if his body was right you would be putting a decent contract on the table now and be locking him away.
You never want your best players going into their final season without a contract

Joe is our marquee player, if his body was right you would be putting a decent contract on the table now and be locking him away.
You never want your best players going into their final season without a contract
All I'm saying is that if he's still with us after trade period the negotiations will start then, as they usually do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i wouldn't exactly call him our marquee player

he hasn't done much to earn that title...

Really good chance to happen as well, Laverde the key to the deal.
Do you really think it could happen? I saw it on Herald Sun, but it was just a opinion on what the Dons could do, not a real chance. Anyway, as much as I love Danners I would defo take Cameron over him. Joe's body is really seeming to fail him.

Do you really think it could happen? I saw it on Herald Sun, but it was just a opinion on what the Dons could do, not a real chance. Anyway, as much as I love Danners I would defo take Cameron over him. Joe's body is really seeming to fail him.

Nah no chance of Jezza to us. Fully fit I'd still take Joey, Jezza needs a functioning midfield to perform, Joe creates his own opportunities and can play anywhere.

4 x Essendon leading goal kicker, club champion and All-Australian. What a dud.

i didn't call him a dud

i said he hasn't done quite enough to be called our marquee player.

i didn't call him a dud

i said he hasn't done quite enough to be called our marquee player.
Is there another player on your list who would be your marquee player? Tippa is exciting to watch but he wouldn't sell memberships in the way a player like Daniher would.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back