Recommitted Joe Daniher 2019 [requested a trade to Sydney - didn't get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

i didn't call him a dud

i said he hasn't done quite enough to be called our marquee player.
Who would be though?
I've always had Fantasia and Daniher as our equal most important players - they structure us up in the forward line. Missing one we can generally handle, both out (or hampered) kills us.

Is there another player on your list who would be your marquee player? Tippa is exciting to watch but he wouldn't sell memberships in the way a player like Daniher would.
Essendon memberships generally aren't based around players
We've never really had one out and out superstar in that regard.Even Hirdy shared the limelight with Lloyd

But Daniher is in our top 2 players.

Is there another player on your list who would be your marquee player? Tippa is exciting to watch but he wouldn't sell memberships in the way a player like Daniher would.

i dont really think Essendon have one if i'm totally honest, that that i think that's entirely a bad thing.

from my recall we have like 1 player in the top 40 AFL players.

Who would be though?
I've always had Fantasia and Daniher as our equal most important players - they structure us up in the forward line. Missing one we can generally handle, both out (or hampered) kills us.

dont think we have one.

daniher could be a marquee player but has done nothing in my eyes to deserve a title like that.

Essendon memberships generally aren't based around players
We've never really had one out and out superstar in that regard.Even Hirdy shared the limelight with Lloyd

But Daniher is in our top 2 players.
Turn of phrase. We tend to be obsessed with memberships in Sydney because it's about staying relevant in a crowded market. If the Daniher trade is legit then that would be a big reason the Swans would be after him. We need marquee players that can get headlines.

Having said that we broke our membership record in a bottom 4 year. Be interesting to see how next year goes.

Going by Worsfold and Rutten he will be definitely at the Dons.

Not sure they would be that certain if he was going.

What did they say?

Clubs will often talk tough to ensure they get a good trade outcome, by saying things like 'Player X is a required and contracted player, we fully expect him to be with us next year etc'.

We did that with Gibbs.

What did they say?

Clubs will often talk tough to ensure they get a good trade outcome, by saying things like 'Player X is a required and contracted player, we fully expect him to be with us next year etc'.

We did that with Gibbs.
That was selling a lemon for gold prices!

i dont really think Essendon have one if i'm totally honest, that that i think that's entirely a bad thing.

from my recall we have like 1 player in the top 40 AFL players.
Nah we have shiel and merret in the top 40 in afl player ratings. Mind you, that system also says that Goldstein is the 6th best player in the league

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clubhouse leader so far in the 2019 Adrian Award.
Most Swans fans would be reluctant to give up McCartin alone for Daniher, let alone McCartin and pick 4 lol.

Huge potential and we know we can actually get him on the park. Also only 19 as compared to Daniher who may very well only have another 4-5 seasons in him with his injury troubles.

Most Swans fans would be reluctant to give up McCartin alone for Daniher, let alone McCartin and pick 4 lol.

Huge potential and we know we can actually get him on the park. Also only 19 as compared to Daniher who may very well only have another 4-5 seasons in him with his injury troubles.

Big fan of McCartin. I was picking for Geelong in his draft year in our Carlton Board Phantom and picked him a few spots ahead of where Sydney nabbed him. So have watched him closer than most non Swannies.

Reckon you might have another Heath Grundy on your hands. No fuss, rock solid, courageous, talented KPD who can swing forward if needed.

Not fussed on getting Daniher… Though I will say that if Papley goes, Daniher will definitely be coming.

It will literally be a swap of personnel & picks. Papley & Daniher out, Essendon to whatever pick we get for Papley (7 or 8 whether it's carlton or North).

Essendon can carry on all they want, but that's the reality. They can refuse of course but hey, they'll get a lot less next year and we'll probably still have Papley.

Last edited by a moderator:
Big fan of McCartin. I was picking for Geelong in his draft year in our Carlton Board Phantom and picked him a few spots ahead of where Sydney nabbed him. So have watched him closer than most non Swannies.

Reckon you might have another Heath Grundy on your hands. No fuss, rock solid, courageous, talented KPD who can swing forward if needed.

More of a Sam Reid type.... but yes.... kid will be good.

Not fussed on getting Daniher… Though I will say that if Papley goes, Daniher will definitely be coming.

It will literally be a swap of personnel & picks. Papley & Daniher out, Essendon to whatever pick we get for Papley (7 or 8 whether it's carlton or Norf).

Essendon can carry on all they want, but that's the reality. They can refuse of course but hey, they'll get a lot less next year and we'll probably still have Papley.
How do you figure that one out? Alot less??? Pick 7/8 this year and we will probably get the same pick next year as a RFA.

Swans will have to pay overs to take a contracted player from the great Dodo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back