Josh Caddy - The one that got away

Remove this Banner Ad

He has played a special role at Richmond and played it well, as many others have this season. Geelong never really needed him with their deep midfield and with Selwood 2 and Menagola backing Selwood 1, Danger and Duncan he was looking at being a permanent forward at best in 2017 if not spending time in the VFL.

He was a perfect fit for us in a perfect season, averaging 20 touches and 3 to 4 tackles a game and content to play some in the midfield and some as a defensive and attacking forward.

I don't think Geelong will feel too aggrieved at losing him in 2017.

If losing Caddy for a completely reasonable price is the worst of their trading then they have little to worry about. Both teams won which is the sign of a good trade.

Geelong must be absolutely kicking themselves that they let this guy go. Is an absolute jet of a player who has become a key cog in Richmond's machine. I firmly believe Geelong would have had a better chance if he was still a part of their team. He is a criminally underrated player who has all the key attributes of a great football player. Clean hands, elite disposal and a hard tackler with some wheels on him. He was my pick for the Norm Smith medal and player of the finals. Kicked some great goals this finals series and was an out and out gun.

What do you guy think? Do you think Geelong will be shattered he left them?
Admittedly thought he was pretty good across finals but no I'm not shattered his gone. I dont rate him. Time will tell but I believe Parfitt who we drafted with the pick traded for him will be a better player.

Its more funny that Geelong wanted to trade Caddy for Deledio and asked us to chuck in something else.
We turned that down and still got Caddy.
We then ended up with Geelongs 1st round pick from the Deledio GWS deal as well.
LOL

Its more funny that Geelong wanted to trade Caddy for Deledio and asked us to chuck in something else.
We turned that down and still got Caddy.
We then ended up with Geelongs 1st round pick from the Deledio GWS deal as well.
LOL

Eh Geelong got Ottens who was probably one of the best ever trades the cats have done in ages. What goes around comes around, everyone gets their turn at the big boy trade table.

That's of course if you are willing to dispute the opinion of your own coaching panel who just delivered your club the premiership. Keeping in mind best and fairest votes are weighted for 'playing your role' more so than media awards, and voted by the coaches who set those specific roles for the players.

Whoops, the clowns can't get their stories straight.

Solid role-player who was underwhelming at the start of the season and played one huge game (v Hawthorn) among many average 'role-playing' games. He had an average season which was evidenced by his 19th place club champion finish.

Not getting into the midfield ahead of Edwards and Lambert, playing as a 'decoy' forward for Reiwoldt and as relief for Dusty. That's his lot.

Last edited:
Sorry mate but Geelong didn't want to trade him, he wanted to leave because his best mate (Prestia) was also joining the club.

Pretty much the equivalent of a primary school kid changing classes because he wants to be with his mate. Quite cute.

Worked out well in the end hey.

he wanted to leave because he realised Chris Scott is a dead set plonker amongst other reasons

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am sure he has a heap of regrets leaving the sinking ship that is Geelong.

What was your finals record again? 3 wins 10 losses lol

Lol your a idiot. What was your finals record before this year? What you've seen 1 flag and all of a sudden your dick has grown? Christ.

Admittedly thought he was pretty good across finals but no I'm not shattered his gone. I dont rate him. Time will tell but I believe Parfitt who we drafted with the pick traded for him will be a better player.

Parfitt looks pretty smart. Caddy filled a pressing need. Possible win-win.

He has played a special role at Richmond and played it well, as many others have this season. Geelong never really needed him with their deep midfield and with Selwood 2 and Menagola backing Selwood 1, Danger and Duncan he was looking at being a permanent forward at best in 2017 if not spending time in the VFL.

He was a perfect fit for us in a perfect season, averaging 20 touches and 3 to 4 tackles a game and content to play some in the midfield and some as a defensive and attacking forward.

I don't think Geelong will feel too aggrieved at losing him in 2017.
That post is perfectly accurate.

Geelong must be absolutely kicking themselves that they let this guy go. Is an absolute jet of a player who has become a key cog in Richmond's machine. I firmly believe Geelong would have had a better chance if he was still a part of their team. He is a criminally underrated player who has all the key attributes of a great football player. Clean hands, elite disposal and a hard tackler with some wheels on him. He was my pick for the Norm Smith medal and player of the finals. Kicked some great goals this finals series and was an out and out gun.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/afl-round-11-geelong-vs-gws.1134512/page-16#post-44860373

Most of our supporters are very glad arguing we received upgraded players from the trade. I personally didn't care if we got Parfitt/Menegola, although more promising than Caddy they could end up being as disappointing as him.

Last edited:

He was sacrificed after Dangerfield the year prior squeezed the cap too tight

Change the lineups last week and results might have been different

Adelaide
Out Knight
In Dangerfield

Richmond
Out Caddy
In Menadue

Eh Geelong got Ottens who was probably one of the best ever trades the cats have done in ages. What goes around comes around, everyone gets their turn at the big boy trade table.

Yes and you guys have been dining out on that for ages...now it's our turn!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back