Josh Caddy - The one that got away

Remove this Banner Ad

Develop him all you want but I'd take Parfitt and Narkle every day of the week.

Also development is on the player too, at some stage I guess he decided to pull his finger out and put the effort in.
We also got Graham from that deal. So its Caddy and Graham. 2 playres that have performed on the big stage and helped win a premiership.

Sorry but those 2 have done nothing close to that.

Eh?

Caddy is 25 and averaging 17 touches, 2 goals, 4 marks and 3 tackles.

Parfitt is 20 and averaging 18 touches, 1 goal, 2.5 marks and 4 tackles.

Not an insane difference outside of the goals when Caddy has 100 games more of experience.
Lmao.

Caddy isnt averaging 2 goals, hes averaging 2.3. Funny you used the decimal for Parfitts marks but not for Caddys goals.

Not an insane difference*

*Except for the one hugely important stat where theres an insane difference.
15 goals in 17 games v 43 goals in 19 games.

Higgins has kicked 12 goals in 17 games, thats who Parfitt is similar to, not Caddy.

Exactly. They havnt done anything yet v 2 players that have and for all you know both Cats may never play again.
Ill take what has already been achieved over what may or may not happen.
What absurd logic.

You don’t call trades wins or losses after a season or two unless players have been delisted.

You say you wouldn’t take what may or may not happen. Well who’s to say Caddy would have been as good for the Cats?

What absurd logic.

You don’t call trades wins or losses after a season or two unless players have been delisted.

You say you wouldn’t take what may or may not happen. Well who’s to say Caddy would have been as good for the Cats?
That is exactly true. He left Geelong for greener pastures, actually found them, despite being disgruntled at Geelong as a cast out mid- did not have the self-belief to stay put and prove he was better than Duncan, SSelwood, Guthrie, Menegola.
He is playing at Richmond as a medium forward, doing really well, no arguments there. He is proving to be the ultimate opportunist.
But his attitude at Geelong would not have been the same.
AND early on at Tigerland, I read some disparaging remarks about him.
He took a good 20 weeks to settle in and prove his worth.
Where was he rated last year? 21st player at Richmond?

Parfitt has already shown more at this stage of his career than did Csddy at that same stage.

You wanted him.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower
We certainly weren’t against it but we didn’t chase him down. Even during trade week when it still looked like delidio would head to us Cook said publically that Deledio approached Geelong and we didn’t have the cap room to make it happen but would try.

Caddy is a class player. The left footy goal early last night was out of the top shelf, then comes in with 2 great packmark goals. Compliments Riewoldt so well. Just saying.
He is. Despite playing on one leg he won us the 2016 final against the hawks with two incredible goals under high pressure. Has a mad shimmy too. Injuries will prevent him from becoming the star mid he looked like being.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We also got Graham from that deal. So its Caddy and Graham. 2 playres that have performed on the big stage and helped win a premiership.

Yes and no.

Graham was awesome in the 2017 GF. He got NSM votes in his fifth (?) game which is truly amazing. Unprecedented. Epic.

Caddy on the other hand did not perform very well at all.

IIRC he had just 12 touches and 1 goal.

His PF was also unremarkable but slightly better than his GF.

His first week against Geelong was pretty good.

I don’t think it is accurate to say that Josh “has performed on the big stage” based on September 2017. He was close to one of Richmond’s least important players in both the PF and the GF.

Yes and no.

Graham was awesome in the 2017 GF. He got NSM votes in his fifth (?) game which is truly amazing. Unprecedented. Epic.

Caddy on the other hand did not perform very well at all.

IIRC he had just 12 touches and 1 goal.

His PF was also unremarkable but slightly better than his GF.

His first week against Geelong was pretty good.

I don’t think it is accurate to say that Josh “has performed on the big stage” based on September 2017. He was close to one of Richmond’s least important players in both the PF and the GF.
Thats so just so very untrue. You dont think kicking the opener in the grand final wasnt important? When it was closing in on quarter time and we were goalless?
12 touches, 5 marks, 3 tackles, 3 inside 50s, 1.1. Very solid grand final.
16 touches, 5 marks 1 goal and 2 goal assists in the prelim.
And obviously the fantastic QF.

No on expects Caddy to be the game winner with the insane stateline.

Develop him all you want but I'd take Parfitt and Narkle every day of the week.

Also development is on the player too, at some stage I guess he decided to pull his finger out and put the effort in.
well if youre going to include narkle for you, then you have to include graham for us with his 3 goals and demolition of sloane, which is more than either parfit or narkle has achieved.

So injury trolling then?

Averages are all that matter for a players worth. The difference between total output and averages is luck.
Pfft. Averages are not all that matter. Getting on the park consistently counts, otherwise you’d never hear the term injury prone.

Wow that’s amazing, two rookies, one of whom debuted two months ago and the other of whom was still a teenager when the season started, haven’t matched a couple of premiership players yet.

Can you believe Narkle, who hasn’t played in a flag yet - maybe because his career only started midway through this season but mostly because he’s obviously s**t with no future - is so bad that he hasn’t managed the same things caddy has done in his 8 season career? Can science explain this? No. No it can’t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back