Recommitted Lachie Neale [OOC 2023 - Will honour his contract]

If he leaves (as widely reported), what will Brisbane get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st rounder

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other 2nd round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely you have to play Fyfe and Walters forward to be a chance of kicking a decent score and Mundy didn't finish the season too strongly. I don't think you're getting much from him next season

Mundy finished the season with sore shoulders, being a Sherpa for a footy team, is bloody hard work.

Mundy is all class.

Mundy finished the season with sore shoulders, being a Sherpa for a footy team, is bloody hard work.

Mundy is all class.

So he needs help from another inside mid....

So he needs help from another inside mid....
Fyfe had a bad year due to injury and hopefully will be back up better next year.

Brayshaw and Serong are improving.

Walters played forward and didn't have a great year. He step aside for Cerra to increase midfield minutes. Can easily go back into the middle.

Mundy is Mundy.

5 inside mids is enough for a team.

Our outside mids suck and that's where a trade would help.

Whatever he is due to earn over next 2 years is what I’d be offering him + whatever he was due to receive on the last year of his contract he broke with us. So 3 year deal in the coin he was conveniently going to skip out on.

If he fine with that then whatever the deal takes is what it takes.

If he wants an extended deal and more money he can GAGF.

Whatever he is due to earn over next 2 years is what I’d be offering him + whatever he was due to receive on the last year of his contract he broke with us. So 3 year deal in the coin he was conveniently going to skip out on.

Absolutely.

The only way I can see this deal getting done is if Freo say "ok Lachie, if you really want to come home for family reasons, given that you did us dirty with our front ended deal last time, this time it will be a very heavily back ended deal. As is, bare minimum for the first 2 years and then the bulk of the difference in the final year. Take it or leave it"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only way I can see this deal getting done is if Freo say "ok Lachie, if you really want to come home for family reasons, given that you did us dirty with our front ended deal last time, this time it will be a very heavily back ended deal. As is, bare minimum for the first 2 years and then the bulk of the difference in the final year. Take it or leave it"
Personally I don't want Neale back.

Seems selfish and doesn't sign in good faith.

Lions can keep him.

I would wager a lot of money that he will receive a pay bump and more years. Absolute monty in my mind.

"Need to be home" is a convenient public line to feed the media to leverage perceptions.

Freo supporters are way overvaluing Cerra and way undervaluing Neale IMO. The most important currency is cap space not picks and Neale will give more over the next 4 years.

The WA and SA clubs can’t build on set timelines like the Victorian clubs because they gain and lose players going home every year. The whole Freo is building around young talent makes little sense given two of their young guns are Victorians. They would be better to try and get above WCE and become the WA destination club for players coming back to Perth.

Freo supporters are way overvaluing Cerra and way undervaluing Neale IMO. The most important currency is cap space not picks and Neale will give more over the next 4 years.

The WA and SA clubs can’t build on set timelines like the Victorian clubs because they gain and lose players going home every year. The whole Freo is building around young talent makes little sense given two of their young guns are Victorians. They would be better to try and get above WCE and become the WA destination club for players coming back to Perth.

That is how all of this works on this website for every trade period every year.

Its because Cerra is 21 and Neale is 29. Cerra's best football is infront of him and Neale's is behind him. Think most people agree with that

Fyfe had a bad year due to injury and hopefully will be back up better next year.

Brayshaw and Serong are improving.

Walters played forward and didn't have a great year. He step aside for Cerra to increase midfield minutes. Can easily go back into the middle.

Mundy is Mundy.

5 inside mids is enough for a team.

Our outside mids suck and that's where a trade would help.

When do you think Freo will compete for its next flag?

West Coast will always been the number one destination club due to side deals.

Victorian Countries players are not issue.

Its because Cerra is 21 and Neale is 29. Cerra's best football is infront of him and Neale's is behind him. Think most people agree with that

Neale might be on the decline but he’s descending from the top of the competition. Cerra is a good young player but hasn’t shown enough to suggest he will ever be a truly elite AFL player.
The point is Fremantle should be jumping on this. It may be a short term win but if you get above WCE you become the destination for good young WA targets.

Who’s to say that Cerra is ever more than a battler or he even stays at his next club for more than 2 years? If Neale didn’t get injured this year he would have been a Brownlow chance again. Probably would’ve won it again.

No. It's because Cerra is outgoing and Neale is potentially incoming.

Hence the poster said "Freo fans". Anyone can have an opinion but it's no coincidence Brisbane fans rate his value highly and Freo fans lowly.

I mean Cerra was born in 1999 and Neale 1993 and apparently there is an 8 year age difference...

Back