Traded Marcus Adams [traded to Brisbane for #32 and a future 3rd round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair enough. What can I say. He is not coming on big coin. He is not coming because of length of contract(3 years compared to the 2 remaining years). He is not coming home (western Australia boy). What other reason other then opportunity?
As I said hope it works out for all parties. Imo a 2nd Rd pick is too much for someone who has struggled to get on and stay on the park.
It’s fairly big coin. I agree that your 2nd round is likely too much. He seems to have never settled at the club, not very popular with his teammates apparently. Seems to think a change of scene will help with his injuries.

It’s fairly big coin. I agree that your 2nd round is likely too much. He seems to have never settled at the club, not very popular with his teammates apparently. Seems to think a change of scene will help with his injuries.
:think:hhmm what sort of $ have you heard??

$500k.

So Brisbane value him as a second rounder by free agency standards
Does it? How do you figure? Reckon it looks more like band 3 territory end of 2nd Rd pick 37 or there abouts (Leuenberger range) but that also takes into consideration length of contract. Time will tell I guess

Adams has the potential to be a very good player. I remember watching him in the Bulldogs premiership season. He has the potential to be J McGovern-like, and it is not easy to find those overhead defensive marking types. The Dogs should not let him go cheap, and the Lions are smart to make a play for him.

Yep, pretty sure it will happen. Reckon Dogs will try to understand his motive but if he wants to go we’ll sort something.
Most likely. Not sure I like the recruitment of contracted players though. I hate it when it happens to us and it will happen more frequently now as it seems to be the way the industry is heading. It's only going to hurt the smaller market club's I reckon, unless your club is in the premiership window. Hope the trade works for your club as well as mine. I like the doggies

If they intend on bending us over against just a year after the Schache trade then I personally would hope the club would go into full Dodoro mode with them from now until the foreseeable future.

If they intend on bending us over against just a year after the Schache trade then I personally would hope the club would go into full Dodoro mode with them from now until the foreseeable future.
I keep seeing Lions fans talking about the Schache trade.

We gave you 25 & 40

Hardly nothing.

If you want to give us 25 & 40 for Adams he is yours

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah have to respectfully disagree. His ability isn't in question it's his durability that drags his value down. I understand he is contracted but his value will be dictated by his durability and where he sits in the pecking order at your club and from my point of view it seems he will be playing more VFL then AFL next year if he stays (which may have prompted his request of a trade), but hope the deal works well for the both of our clubs

Only played VFL when coming back from injuries and if he is of so little value why are the Lions chasing someone contracted?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You're probably right, I forget how cheap we got Schache. Just for that, I could definitely see us getting something later than the mid 20's pick I was expecting. I'm happy to get less in the interest of maintaining a good relationship with Brisbane, as it tends to pay dividends later on down the track (as per my Freo example)
Freo and the dogs do seem to like each other. We got Hamling cheap as, and didnt muck around with Crozier.

Was McCarthy 1 year into a 3 year deal?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
No. Hence the 35-45 rating otherwise he would be valued the same as mcCarthy a pick in the 60's. As I posted previously I don't like it as much as you we will loose value on Mayes when he gets trade. We have lost value on others in the past (schache, you should well aware of that) and it will continue to happen in the future.
When the guy doesn't play for what ever reason, he tends to loose value at the trade table contracted or uncontracted.

I keep seeing Lions fans talking about the Schache trade.

We gave you 25 & 40

Hardly nothing.

If you want to give us 25 & 40 for Adams he is yours
I think we'll negotiate in good faith, but the Schache trade still doesn't even us up for the whole Justin Sherman fiasco.

Unless someone has a photo with a sign round his neck which says "one dickhead, sellign cheap" the ACCC really need to step in regarding 'misleading and deceptive conduct'.

Fair trading helps clubs in the future anyway. Freo fans have already mentioned we got unders for Crozier after getting Hamling to Freo for unders. In the end we both win.

I think we'll negotiate in good faith, but the Schache trade still doesn't even us up for the whole Justin Sherman fiasco.

Unless someone has a photo with a sign round his neck which says "one dickhead, sellign cheap" the ACCC really need to step in regarding 'misleading and deceptive conduct'.

Fair trading helps clubs in the future anyway. Freo fans have already mentioned we got unders for Crozier after getting Hamling to Freo for unders. In the end we both win.

Ha ha

Who was that other idiot we got from them?

You know the blonde hair ex Brownlow medalist guy.

Don't think we can claim we didn't know what we were getting there though.

Does it? How do you figure? Reckon it looks more like band 3 territory end of 2nd Rd pick 37 or there abouts (Leuenberger range) but that also takes into consideration length of contract. Time will tell I guess
Band 3 is a pick immediately after our second round pick, which makes it pick 25 (same as Dahlhaus compo), so by your logic the second rounder people have been suggesting would be his value

Band 3 is a pick immediately after our second round pick, which makes it pick 25 (same as Dahlhaus compo), so by your logic the second rounder people have been suggesting would be his value
No. The band number was the error, if you are correct. Was under the impression that band 2 was after your 2nd rd, but may have been mistaken, however his value wouldn't be in the 2nd rd imo. However I understand how important it is to clutch to any potential mistake in someone's opinion that somehow gives hope to your desired outcome. I have done it myself. I don't think it changes the person's opinion unfortunately.

No. The band number was the error, if you are correct. Was under the impression that band 2 was after your 2nd rd, but may have been mistaken, however his value wouldn't be in the 2nd rd imo. However I understand how important it is to clutch to any potential mistake in someone's opinion that somehow gives hope to your desired outcome. I have done it myself. I don't think it changes the person's opinion unfortunately.
Settle down mate, do you talk to people like that in real life or just over the internet?

Settle down mate, do you talk to people like that in real life or just over the internet?
Talk like what? I didn't think I was being offensive, but internet/ face to face I will talk to people. If the last bit of my post offended you, I make no apologies for that, as you clearly omitted part of my original post and used a "mistake" to fit in with your agenda and then had audacity to pass it off as my logic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back