Traded Nic Newman [traded to Carlton for future 4th round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't seen enough of Clarke to know for sure, but from what North posters are saying its probably a good deal for both clubs.

If used properly, Newman will be a good player off the half back flank. Very similar to another of our cast offs in Shayne Biggs, can get a lot of the ball, and is generally a pretty good user.

I haven't seen enough of Clarke to know for sure, but from what North posters are saying its probably a good deal for both clubs.

If used properly, Newman will be a good player off the half back flank. Very similar to another of our cast offs in Shayne Biggs, can get a lot of the ball, and is generally a pretty good user.

Clarke's a good accumulator and gut runner. Skills a bit shabby and so is decision making. Not sure his style suits the smaller scg.
But if anyone can make a ok player into a handy player it's the swans

Far from locked in according to Nick Bowen.

Reportedly Newman is our #2 preference, our first is rumoured to be Finlayson.

Not sure how this effects Clarke to Sydney, may be potential for a 3 way deal if Newman is dealt elsewhere.

Far from locked in according to Nick Bowen.

Reportedly Newman is our #2 preference, our first is rumoured to be Finlayson.

Not sure how this effects Clarke to Sydney, may be potential for a 3 way deal if Newman is dealt elsewhere.
Umm maybe Newman to GC , Hall to North and Clarke to Sydney .

Umm maybe Newman to GC , Hall to North and Clarke to Sydney .

Hall is done for our 4th rounder according to Bowen.

Will be one of the first trades when trade week opens.

Hall has already been interviewed on the North website and from the horses mouth he will be doing some rehab training with some North players next week.

Sounds like an agreement is done.

Hall is done for our 4th rounder according to Bowen.

Will be one of the first trades when trade week opens.

Hall has already been interviewed on the North website and from the horses mouth he will be doing some rehab training with some North players next week.

Sounds like an agreement is done.
Well too bad then for Newman , might be force to stayed at Sydney after interview with North .

Think Newman is a little underrated. Wasn't given much opportunity at Sydney, really don't think Lloyd is a much better player than him either playing an almost identical role

So he could come free ?

No. But feel free to offer us the first pick you are unlikely to use in the draft. Still a lot to play out but after compo and the likely May departure your 7th pick in this draft currently sits at 38. I can’t see you drafting more than 6 players. We’ll take that.
We can then swap Hanners and 38 for Acres and St Kilda’s future second.... don’t bother looking for confirmation of that that rumour, I just made it up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wright re-signed.

Don't see this bloke in our best starting 22 to be honest.

Happy to be proven wrong.

Depth at worst though. You aren’t giving up a lot

No. But feel free to offer us the first pick you are unlikely to use in the draft. Still a lot to play out but after compo and the likely May departure your 7th pick in this draft currently sits at 38. I can’t see you drafting more than 6 players. We’ll take that.
We can then swap Hanners and 38 for Acres and St Kilda’s future second.... don’t bother looking for confirmation of that that rumour, I just made it up.
GC can go 40 senior list and 6 rookie A compare to 40 + 44 rookie A this year .So if Sydney not offering him contract as you stated earlier GC can get him either in pre season or Rookie draft .

Had a pretty good first year in 2017 averaging 20 posessions off the half back line (including two weeks where he got 35 and 30 back to back). Although something tells me those numbers are inflated with how much ball we allow back there. He regressed this year and his turnovers at times became pretty frustrating.

If we get a third rounder I think we've done well.

He was in and out early on last year (I had him in supercoach like a lot of others and it was driving us all mad), in the end I think injuries to others forced their hand to bring him in and leave him in. (if I've remember correctly)

Worse case scenario for you guys is Clarke never utilises his strengths to hide his weaknesses and he ends up a Ryan Bastinac type.

At the moment he is an uncontested player with poor skills. 3 to 1 uncontested to contested possession ratio.

At 21 there's plenty to work with, but it may be best in a team that can hide his flaws - who is that team? I don't know.

Very happy with this selection for a future 4th.

Interesting reading through the comments from weeks ago also!

One has to read comments on a player before they nominate/land at another club, because now he'll be regarded as a slow, soft turd who wouldn't make 17 clubs' best 22. :p

I think this is good shopping for the Blues, and he's likely to get plenty of games across HB for us in 2019. If he can consistently hit his foot with the ball he's already one of the better kicks at our club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back