Traded Nic Newman [traded to Carlton for future 4th round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice guy. Great opportunity for him.
At least he'll give it everything and sink or swim. Thats all anyone can do.
Worth the punt. Might prove one of the best value pickups this season.
Good luck to him.
He can actually defend yeah?

Don’t mind him as a player and the blues effectively got him for nothing.

But does he slot straight onto the half back flank?

What does your best back six look like blues fans?

Don’t mind him as a player and the blues effectively got him for nothing.

But does he slot straight onto the half back flank?

What does your best back six look like blues fans?
He should play more often than not. A few unknowns being whether Docherty and Williamson can pick up where they left off, and (as we expect) how much Jones benefits from having Docherty back alongside.

Simpson, Docherty, Newman, Plowman and Williamson will get most of the small-medium defender assignments, Weitering, Jones, Marchbank the talls. Might be Newman gets a bit of burn off the wing.

Plowman Weitering Macreadie
Docherty Marchbank Simpson/Williamson

Back 6 or 7...

LOL Macreadie over Jones. This is the sort of rubbish you see on BF team boards when supporters put unproven youngsters on field in hypothetical best 22's at the expense of veterans even when those veterans are top 5 or top 10 at the club. I'm amazed you even 1/2 have Simpson on-field and not named last on the interchange. I get it, you have youth coming through. But plz.

LOL Macreadie over Jones. This is the sort of rubbish you see on BF team boards when supporters put unproven youngsters on field in hypothetical best 22's at the expense of veterans even when those veterans are top 5 or top 10 at the club. I'm amazed you even 1/2 have Simpson on-field and not named last on the interchange. I get it, you have youth coming through. But plz.
Ease up champ. We’re a developing team. All I want to see is us use Macreadie. He’s shown plenty. I’m not saying he’s gonna be a gun/ is even good yet.

Jones is useless, makes sense to try Macreadie for a few rounds early in the year.

* me this place is full of people trying to one up and be campaigners. How bout engaging and finding out why I’ve posted what I have instead of exposing yourself as a twit

Ease up champ. We’re a developing team. All I want to see is us use Macreadie. He’s shown plenty. I’m not saying he’s gonna be a gun/ is even good yet.

Jones is useless, makes sense to try Macreadie for a few rounds early in the year.

**** me this place is full of people trying to one up and be campaigners. How bout engaging and finding out why I’ve posted what I have instead of exposing yourself as a twit

The question was "what does Carlton's best back 6 look like?" Your answer was disingenuous and yes, I called you out on it.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The question was "what does Carlton's best back 6 look like?" Your answer was disingenuous and yes, I called you out on it.
Look at you, a hero. Calling out insincerity when it's not even there. Mate, Carlton aren't playing to win the 2019 cup so may as well continue to blood and put our future best 6 on the field instead of trying to scrape an extra win here and there. Especially when the choice is Jones vs Macreadie. Jones had an awful year last year and isn't a long term solution for our back line, you're being disingenuous if you're implying otherwise.

Look at you, a hero. Calling out insincerity when it's not even there. Mate, Carlton aren't playing to win the 2019 cup so may as well continue to blood and put our future best 6 on the field instead of trying to scrape an extra win here and there. Especially when the choice is Jones vs Macreadie. Jones had an awful year last year and isn't a long term solution for our back line, you're being disingenuous if you're implying otherwise.

Wow. You have NFI.

Wow. You have NFI.
Get off ripping someone for having an opinion that you don't (or most likely can't) agree with because you don't understand the reasoning? The world has enough ass holes so maybe buck the trend and try something different, attempt to understand an opinion different to yours about a team you obviously don't watch or just simply go back to playing supercoach. Either way, peace.

Get off ripping someone for having an opinion that you don't (or most likely can't) agree with because you don't understand the reasoning? The world has enough ass holes so maybe buck the trend and try something different, attempt to understand an opinion different to yours about a team you obviously don't watch or just simply go back to playing supercoach. Either way, peace.

I get it, you don't like being called out for talking BS. Find your safe space, everything will be fine.

This is not the bay. I agree Simpson is 100% in their back 6 as he is a star but there is a way to do it without insulting the poster.

Back 6

Plowman. Jones. Marchbank
Docherty. Weitering. Newman/Williamson

Although Williamson missed all of last year with injury as did Docherty. So this is far from sure as I have no idea what sort of nick these guys will be in come round 1.

Newman has a lovely left peg and more experience, but is slower than Williamson. Which is why I'd prefer Williamson on the wing, but I suspect it will be Murphy and LOB on the wings.

Also a chance that someone like Silvagni it Cuningham may be used here and Newman / Williamson up on the wing. But they wouldn't be my first choice to begin the season. But form and injuries could change things quickly.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Edit: I can't believe I forgot about Simpson. He slots into hbf and Newman/Williamson become depth. Although Simmo has played on the wing in the past as well.

To alleviate any doubt.

Plowman Jones Marchbank.
Simpson Weitering Docherty

Next in line is Williamson, Newman Macreadie then Shumacher in that order.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back