Autopsy Not quite enough. Pies fall 105-77 - Rd 19, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've only beaten one team in the top eight so far. Look forward to watching you play against Sydney and Port to get a real gage of where you sit.

Thanks for coming. You have contributed new and unique information No one before you had stated this detail. Great work for being a parrot.

Now kindly heck off back to your own forum.

Wayne Carey was saying on MMM that Cox had been destroyed by the umps not paying all the infringements against him. You know when Carey starts sticking up for pies players that they’re being really bloody hard done by.
It’s true. Every time Cox couldn’t get two arms up for a mark it was because he had one pinned by a Richmond defender.

I came here a few years ago for posts like this. well done.
As a supporter, i'm not interested in 3 pages of umpire bashing and opposition troll reactions. They are the same as they have been for 50 years
We are supporters and as such we should all be supporting our team not whining like babies. A few weeks back we got the rub of the umpires and essendon were on the radio all week complaining...we were happy to take the rub then, so we should take it now

in 1990, we had a similar situation with Essendon who smashed us late in the season but we learned from that loss on how to beat them and did it when it mattered - IN FINALS.

I'm proud of the boys and always will be. The first two goals (Brown, Daicos) should show us our future and Moore will be regarded as best AFL defender for years to come. These kids need to grow and it's a pleasure watching them do so

I grew up with everyone hating us and that's one reason why i love this club

We are Collingwood.

Go pies!

Essendon didn’t smash us late in the season, it was 6 points, and we had more shots on goal, just inaccurate.

Shattered for Shaz. After having the privilege of sitting next to him at the Season Launch last year I can attest that he is one of the loveliest people at our club. A mild mannered gentleman who has been cruelled by injury. I'm devastated for him.
I couldn't even give a s**t about the loss. Poor kid.

You've only beaten one team in the top eight so far. Look forward to watching you play against Sydney and Port to get a real gage of where you sit.

We would have beeaten you also. You guys are lucky we were injury riddled before the game - that wouldn’t have stopped us winning yesterday though - it was the knock out to howe by dirty Richmond tactics and the and the acl to schazz that won you the game. Not richmonds throwing the ball and pushing and scragging of players at the back of marking contests - illegal tactics that your overrated mob seem to get away with.

They even paid you a goal after a clear throw.

Enjoy your victory, I guarantee you guys won’t win the flag this year. After yesterday’s “win” it’s evident you guys wouldn’t be able to beat a Collingwood team that contains 22 fit players. Imagine degoey, Elliot, Reid, goldsack, Howe and the bloke who said he thinks our list better playing. We will own you if we can play you again..

I'm reasonably happy with yesterday's performance. I never expected to win wity so many key players out and then to lose Howe early and Sharenberg later it became impossible.

Huge games from Grundy & Pendles. Kudos to Thomas as well.

With Moore back they might go for a smaller replacement for Sharenberg. Not sure who but their arent many big or small backs left to come in for next week. Can Murphy debut?

I'd love to play Richmond in the qualifying final.

I'll give this to the Tigers. They are a physically stronger team than us. Even though they tackled less, their tackles nearly always stuck. Conversely, they were able to stand up often in tackles that we laid on them, thereby getting their hand free to dish off. They also put on a lot of pressure just through their great effort and team first attitude.

That said, I think they are beatable, purely because outside of about 6 or so gun players, they are a team of disciplined soldiers. They remind me of the Carey lead North teams of the 90s.

Sorry that isn’t quite right. In 1990 we were beaten by Essendon by a goal in about round 19. As I recall there was a big fuss made because channel 7 decided to televise it live - on a Sunday maybe? - because it was a sellout.

It was Hawthorn that pumped us by about 80 points late in the year - after beating us in first half of year as well. Reckon we were lucky we didn’t play them in finals as they always seemed to have the wood on us through that period. Normally with Dunstall having his way with us.

Good sentiment nonetheless. We peaked at the right time that year. Here’s hoping we can again.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Re Essendon we had a chance to kick a goal to draw the game.
Terry keys had the shot say 50 m out or just over but it didn’t make the distance.

That be Terry, all chest puffed out very sure of himself but didn’t quite make it.

You are correct Hawthorn had us as a bunny though only in 1989 the opening round we did beat them by 10 points on memory.

I’m of the view to win the flag we just beat whoever is in front of us.
But hawthorn was a bogey team for us. true enough.

I'm reasonably happy with yesterday's performance. I never expected to win wity so many key players out and then to lose Howe early and Sharenberg later it became impossible.

Huge games from Grundy & Pendles. Kudos to Thomas as well.

With Moore back they might go for a smaller replacement for Sharenberg. Not sure who but their arent many big or small backs left to come in for next week. Can Murphy debut?

I'd love to play Richmond in the qualifying final.

There are probably three options they'll look at. They just elevated Madgen so he's a possible replacement. They can shift Mihocek back. Or they can bring in Oxley (I wouldn't but I think it's something they'll consider) and maintain that medium defensive balance we've had all year; with Howe to play key back. None of that is ideal for various reasons but I think that'll be the thinking. I hope Goldsack gets back soon!

Ok I have to get this whinge off my chest - When is Cox going to get treated fairly by the umpires? He should have had at least 6 frees from interence in marking contests. It's getting beyond a joke.

Did anyone see him get tackled by Rance in the third quarter when WHE took that mark in the goal square? Rance full on tackled him out of the contest yet the umpires did nothing. I know we got the goal anyway but it beggars belief that the umpires didn't see it. FMD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tell me which team that you have beaten below you this year ?? no one exactly ! we have beaten more teams above us this year then you

I'll give this to the Tigers. They are a physically stronger team than us. Even though they tackled less, their tackles nearly always stuck. Conversely, they were able to stand up often in tackles that we laid on them, thereby getting their hand free to dish off. They also put on a lot of pressure just through their great effort and team first attitude.

That said, I think they are beatable, purely because outside of about 6 or so gun players, they are a team of disciplined soldiers. They remind me of the Carey lead North teams of the 90s.

I also don’t think Tigers needed to work as hard or put their bodies on the line as much, which could be a contributing factor toward their favourable run with injuries.

We would have beeaten you also. You guys are lucky we were injury riddled before the game - that wouldn’t have stopped us winning yesterday though - it was the knock out to howe by dirty Richmond tactics and the and the acl to schazz that won you the game. Not richmonds throwing the ball and pushing and scragging of players at the back of marking contests - illegal tactics that your overrated mob seem to get away with.

They even paid you a goal after a clear throw.

Enjoy your victory, I guarantee you guys won’t win the flag this year. After yesterday’s “win” it’s evident you guys wouldn’t be able to beat a Collingwood team that contains 22 fit players. Imagine degoey, Elliot, Reid, goldsack, Howe and the bloke who said he thinks our list better playing. We will own you if we can play you again..
What a uninformed post you quoted. Good response by you mate. Well the pies were only missing Treloar, Dunn, degoey, elliot, Aish, Fasolo, Goldsack, Reid. not to mention Scharenberg. That is superstars in Treloar, degoey plus a heap of key structural players. Wonder how Richmond would fare without Martin, Cotchin and rance. You guys are still top 4 material mAke no mistake I watched your team live

Who was that Richmond player that kicked two goals in a row on the run? Unforgivable manning up.
There is plenty to forgive. Our team gave everything they had yesterday.

I don't think it was a throw.
He did it all in one action in my opinion.
Similar to when a player is flat on his back and throws the ball up in the air and kicks it.

Clear throw and it was 2 actions.

Typically when you are being tackled and toss it up and throw a boot at it the ball goes straight up and you kick it in same motion. Which is deemed legal.

Where as,
He threw the ball up and *sideways* from points into goal then stepped around post and kicked. Had he threw it up and kicked it from points side it would be 1 action and not considered a throw.
The sidewards movement and step around is clearly second motions to the throw.

But end of the day it was clever play by him and does fall into a bit of grey area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back