Traded Orazio Fantasia [traded with #73 to Port for #29 and 2021 R3]

Who won this trade?

• Essendon

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Port Adelaide

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We will keep him for a year then and let Fantasia know hes not really required by the team you want to go to

Want to stay or try Adelaide?
Yes. Do this.

if we get 29, we should be looking to move it on as soon as we get it.
your forgetting that for majority of those players picks will also disapear. for example, sydney will lose pick 25 for cambell and atm bulldogs lose pick 14 for JUH. so The pick 29 might stay pick 29.

and pick 29 stays the same. Whether jones get picked with pick 5 or 25 you still have access to the same exact pool of players.
Not it moves to 34 and you have access to the 34th best kid in that year not the 29th

How people cant fathom this is beyond me

Not school holidays is it

If people dont think recruiters consider the strength of drafts when dealing picks then they arnt worth talking too

I thought his contract was heavily front ended. How much have you been paying him?

Depends how much grief he's getting to move home - might be the price he's prepared to pay

Who knows if front ended or not. Id suspect more back ended with us having to look after our saga guys for the past 4 years

Not it moves to 34 and you have access to the 34th best kid in that year not the 29th

How people cant fathom this is beyond me

Not school holidays is it

If people dont think recruiters consider the strength of drafts when dealing picks then they arnt worth talking too

You have the same access to the draft pool when it was pick 29 and when it becomes pick whatever. You never had access to Ugle Hagen or jones.
Saying pick 29 blows out to 34 is just stupid when compo picks, the only extra picks, have been added.

If you were drafting Maher with pick 29, he’s still going to be there when bids push the pick out to pick 34 (in your example). Nga and f/s do not push out the pool of players.

stop whinging about a pick being pushed back when it has zero effect on who you will draft.

You have the same access to the draft pool when it was pick 29 and when it becomes pick whatever. You never had access to Ugle Hagen or jones.
Saying pick 29 blows out to 34 is just stupid when compo picks, the only extra picks, have been added.

If you were drafting Maher with pick 29, he’s still going to be there when bids push the pick out to pick 34 (in your example). Nga and f/s do not push out the pool of players.

stop whinging about a pick being pushed back when it has zero effect on who you will draft.
Yes but theyre apart of the strength or lack of in the pool of kids

Pick 30 isnt equal to pick 30 every year

Lets exaggerate.

Say you have pick 1 but there are 10 academy kids who are the best in the crop (Top 10). Your pickign the 11th best player in the pool not the best player.

This Pool is massivily impacted

Yes but theyre apart of the strength or lack of in the pool of kids

Pick 30 isnt equal to pick 30 every year

Lets exaggerate.

Say you have pick 1 but there are 10 academy kids who are the best in the crop (Top 10). Your pickign the 11th best player in the pool not the best player.

This Pool is massivily impacted

you were complaining about pick 29 becoming pick 34 after nga and f/s bids

now what you are arguing is the strength of the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love how he phrased it as a question, that he ‘thought’ it was front ended. Then replying to the reply, suddenly WHAM it’s a fact and it was HEAVILY front ended AND the club was pissed off with him.
Doesnt surprise

He wasnt sure then all of a sudden was certain in the blink of an eye🤔

It’s funny most PAFC fans don’t really care about this trade.

It’s not really that big a loss if PAFC don’t pick up Fantasia. We r sorted this trade period getting some depth in defence.

Sure, he wants out of Essendon, wants to come to us, and probably for the Bombers holding someone against their will is not that great for business.

Pick 29 for Fantasia, and getting a later pick back is fine. Really whatever.

Relax everyone. See what happens tomorrow

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s funny most PAFC fans don’t really care about this trade.

It’s not really that big a loss if PAFC don’t pick up Fantasia. We r sorted this trade period getting some depth in defence.

Sure, he wants out of Essendon, wants to come to us, and probably for the Bombers holding someone against their will is not that great for business.

Pick 29 for Fantasia, and getting a later pick back is fine. Really whatever.

Relax everyone. See what happens tomorrow

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I thought Essendon wanted more in a late pick? If we get more would be rapt.

thats not what this is about. That’s a different argument than your pick 29 becomes pick 34 stance.
So you agree that we get a worse player than pick 29 in a non compromised draft? Ie a 34th best player

I mean compromised draft has been a term continually used by recruiters and list managers but you disagree?

So you agree that we get a worse player than pick 29 in a non compromised draft? Ie a 34th best player

I mean compromised draft has been a term continually used by recruiters and list managers but you disagree?

You’re shifting your complaint from “but pick 29 will become pick 34 after bids”

to

“but nga dilutes the draft and this draft is weak”

Back