Review PF = Sydney 95-94 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

We simply don't have the draft capital or salary cap to afford one because of the choices we have made in the previous administration. And if Grundy doesn't leave we won't have for the next 5 years.

5 years people that is what the Grundy situation is costing us, having to crawl towards a properly balanced list is 5 years away because of his contract.

If Grundy and or Degoey go they need throw 1.2M to McKay and offer Carlton 3 firsts.

He's a RFA next year. They'll get 1 first rounder for him and they can't afford to match his deal.

Papley was unbearable yesterday from a Collingwood standpoint but if he was in our team we would all absolutely love him similar player to Toby Green.
Has got a good game and mongrel in him, what’s not to like?

Hope he gets Geelong a new one next week.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Nah Papley s**t me more than any other player yesterday with his arrogance and that stupid frigging haircut and flopping all over the place. As much as I despise Geelong I hope they smash Sydney. Watching a shattered Buddy and Papley next week should be enjoyable.

Nah Papley s**t me more than any other player yesterday with his arrogance and that stupid frigging haircut and flopping all over the place. As much as I despise Geelong I hope they smash Sydney. Watching a shattered Buddy and Papley next week should be enjoyable.
I have to admit, I'm torn on this. I cant stand the Cats - in particular, C Scott, Selwood, Cameron. And I don't mind Sydney but despise Buddy and Papley. So second thoughts, I think I need the Cats to lose because there's more collective angst there for me.

I have to admit, I'm torn on this. I cant stand the Cats - in particular, C Scott, Selwood, Cameron. And I don't mind Sydney but despise Buddy and Papley. So second thoughts, I think I need the Cats to lose because there's more collective angst there for me.
It’s going to be nauseating either way. Especially if Selwood puts on that bloody dirty head bandage for even the smallest cut. Then all the commentators start the whole warrior and brave comments. Lucky I’m seeing a mate GF day and you can’t go there without being maggoted by half time so hopefully won’t care by then.

It’s going to be nauseating either way. Especially if Selwood puts on that bloody dirty head bandage for even the smallest cut. Then all the commentators start the whole warrior and brave comments. Lucky I’m seeing a mate GF day and you can’t go there without being maggoted by half time so hopefully won’t care by then.
Nice work mate.
If Sydney don't win, the recruitment of Buddy on $1M per year for a decade has been an abject failure. But then again, if Sydney win the flag, Buddy is unlikely to be the difference this year given he appears to be well and truly on the decline. It will be ironic either way.

No it isn't. If we had a genuine key forward we'd be winning a flag next weekend.

They need to stop *ingg around with 2nd and 3rd talls
At the cost of De Goey? Nope. Let alone making Harry *ing McKay the 2nd highest paid player in the competition

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a masochist. Just watched the highlights of the last term in 2019 against the Giants. Mayne set shot finger tipped on line-players thought it was a goal. Then Adams hits the post halfway up when a goal would have put us in front with four minutes remaining and Giants rarely crossing the centre line. Sorry, but someone has to do a scientific study into the probability of such constant bad luck and heartbreak for a sporting club in an elite competition. It is truly staggering. We don't often get thumped. We lose in controversial circumstances. Even tonight there is ongoing debate about umpire calls and non-decisions.

You have to laugh, or you might go insane.

Rocca's non goal which put us in front in 2002 which went through. I was behind the goals at the Ponsford end.

Tarrant's guernsey pulled off by White 15 m out when we were five points up in the rain with ten minutes remaining. Play on and then thirty seconds later the infamous free to Lynch.

Harme's tap back into play from the third row of the members stand. Ten seconds earlier Graeme Anderson was dragged off the ball when he wasn't in possession. The ump blew his whistle, and everyone assumed it was holding the man to Anderson who went back for the free. Holding the ball was the call which then led directly to the Harmes goal.

The non-mark to McKenna 30 m out dead in front which would have put us back in front in 1970 when all of the players stopped. Play on and seconds later Jezza kicks a snap which bounces 15 m through the goals to end it.

The non-free to a block on Maynard which Schofield said was a definite block on his podcast just this week.

A back pocket disobeying direct instructions from Norm Smith runs down to the forward line to snap an absolutely unheard-of goal with a minute or so remaining after Gabbo kicked his miraculous goal to put us in front in 1964. When do we get our heart stopping win for the ages?

Not to mention the seven grand finals we led by four goals or more and lost or drew. 2018, 2010, 1981, 1979, 1977 (twice) 1970

Not to mention the countless preliminary finals and semi-finals we have blown.

This is a form of venting and therapy for me. I just cannot abide the way so many people ignore the elephant in the room and simply say great effort, great game. Move on.

It just keeps happening. Different players, different coaches. Why?
Sadly I remember all of these except 70 the year I was born and previous.

I've previously stated on the main board that we're likely the most resilient fan base on the planet. Only to be laughed at by the likes of saints, dee's and dog fans. They don't understand the constant tease but rarely pleased factor.

Truly days like yesterday tear me to bits and reinforces my assertion we are the most resilient fan base on the planet.

I've always suspected Selwood is a self-harmer, it's simply not possible for someone to bleed so often

I'm leaning towards Sydney, with no enthusiasm

Hopefully something happens during the week to make it more interesting

Our game plan is really simple but hard to coach against and we execute it really well, good luck to sides trying counter it in the future, especially after we add a few more list needs over summer

This is what I’m pinning my hopes on; it’s McRae’s first year as coach but he’s only had a draft (in which N Daicos has been invaluable, but picked himself) and an MSD pick with which to shape the list.

This offseason we will get a sense of what McRae thinks we need to best execute his gameplan; potentially bookend KP options in McStay and Frampton, a super quick mid-forward in Hill, and more inside midfield depth in Fiorini.

We will win the flag next year.

With the coaches we have got and the belief they have instilled into the team the flag is ours next year. Put your house on it.

What an epic rise in just one year. And we did all this with some glaring deficiencies in our list.

23,24,25. Threepeat is coming.

Just got home.

What a bloody day, yeah we got done but that was one of the better footy experiences I’ve had at the footy. Going toe to toe with the Swans supporters, ecstasy, agony, and plenty of beers.

What a season, haven’t had this much fun since 2010.
Just got home too!

Gotta say, it’s pretty frustrating they get to play on that Auskick ground… You can really notice just how much smaller the ground is being there in person which is a huge advantage for Sydney.

The music played between every goal is just annoying, makes no sense, and then they get excited about a 45,000 attendance which is laughable. Could fit another 20k if the AFL played finals at ANZ…

Proud of the Pies crowd, we made some pretty good noise for being the visitor in another state, the Collingwood chant when Sydney came out on the ground was awesome.

The funniest part was hearing the swans supporters chanting Sydney like we do Collingwood… We may have lost the game, but that was just sad, get your own chant you muppets.

Decent people though, had some good chats to their supporters afterwards and they were genuinely nice. Couldn’t do that with a carlton supporter 😂

And yes it was a push in the back.
And still don’t understand wtf was with those 50’s. But I guess the $AFL$ is happy.

Let’s hope they at least make it worth it and belt the cats.

Hugh Sheridan in a pastel green satin suit singing 'Sweet Caroline' at 1/4 was ___ - NTTAWWT. Except in this case.

I have a lot of respect for the Sydney team and the way they play, but their supporters are gross. They were gross in 2012 when I last roadtripped to that dystopolis, and if anything they are worse now. Gross.

We will win the flag next year.

With the coaches we have got and the belief they have instilled into the team the flag is ours next year. Put your house on it.

What an epic rise in just one year. And we did all this with some glaring deficiencies in our list.

23,24,25. Threepeat is coming.
Said to a mate a couple of years ago we’ll win a Flag in 2023

Especially when he was taunting IQ for being soft. Just wanted someone to run through him, players like that never would have survived in the day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back