List Mgmt. Pick #5 - Welcome Adam Cerra [Traded to Carlton for 6 & F3]

Which brand of spud do we end up with (not if you want them or not)

• SPS

• Fisher

• Carroll

• Newnes

• Dow

• Nada

• Brackets McSpuddin

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd rather he leaves than signs for two years. How long is two years? A lot less in this environment.

I just want people committed. I'm not saying for life, but getting down on your hands and knees begging for a 21 year old to stay is a bit pathetic.

Club before player, always.
I have a different view to this one. Maybe because I’m a sales person I think this way but If his missus wants him to sign for 0 months and the club wants him to sign for 48 months then they should both concede to 24 months.

Assuming he is on good terms with the club, they could agree to trade him if a suitable club, a suitable contract, and a suitable trade are available. If those stars don't align, sign on for two years.

IF Cerra was committed to leaving in two years I'd prefer to trade this year or next.

It says the first players to win a premiership for Fremantle will be immortals.
EmRLUxJVkAAI6tQ

Regarding Cerra's standing, amongst our Victorian youth I find it difficult to get separation between Brayshaw, Cerra, Serong, Darcy and Young. It will take some careful list management to hold them all, but if we do hold Cerra, it augers we'll for retaining the lot. I remain hopeful Sturt joins that list next year.

Regarding Cerra's standing, amongst our Victorian youth I find it difficult to get separation between Brayshaw, Cerra, Serong, Darcy and Young. It will take some careful list management to hold them all, but if we do hold Cerra, it augers we'll for retaining the lot. I remain hopeful Sturt joins that list next year.

1. Brayshaw
2. Darcy
3. Cerra
4. Serong
5. Young

There’s a clear top two imo and I can barely split them. The next two again I can barely split. Young has only played ten games so far so the exposed form simply isn’t there compared to the other four. Things can change there.

1. Brayshaw
2. Darcy
3. Cerra
4. Serong
5. Young

There’s a clear top two imo and I can barely split them. The next two again I can barely split. Young has only played ten games so far so the exposed form simply isn’t there compared to the other four. Things can change there.
What I’d do to have had Sturt not be injured the last two years…

So to keep up with the Cerra innuendo and speculation, a couple of comments from interviews today and this evening.
Hayden Young Rising Star interview:
He is really invested at the moment, just wants to play his best until the end of the year and into the finals .... something like that.
Longmuir, in my opinion this is the first time I have been worried by his comments.
Saying that if he leaves it won’t be because of the club, it will be the pull of family and home that will override his decision- nothing against the club. This followed Barich stating the obvious from last week that he admitted pulling the segment stating Cerra was leaving.
Hate to say it but I’m in the ‘he is goneski’ camp.
If he does it will set us back, but just maybe his legacy could set us up for a decade - ooh fcuk, who knows.
FWIW my quotes definitely aren’t Verbatim- bad vibe from both interviews though.
Aaah the vibe.......

Why aren’t his ******* family telling him it’s alright for him to stay in WA and continue with something that could be great and they’ll come visit him more often or something like that?

Why doesn’t he just grow a set and tell his family he will be home in 10 years?

Why aren’t his ******* family telling him it’s alright for him to stay in WA and continue with something that could be great and they’ll come visit him more often or something like that?
As far as people in Melbourne are concerned, moving to Perth is like moving to ******* Europe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So to keep up with the Cerra innuendo and speculation, a couple of comments from interviews today and this evening.
He is really invested at the moment, just wants to play his best until the end of the year and into the finals .... something like that.
Longmuir, in my opinion this is the first time I have been worried by his comments.
Saying that if he leaves it won’t be because of the club, it will be the pull of family and home that will override his decision- nothing against the club. This followed Barich stating the obvious from last week that he admitted pulling the segment stating Cerra was leaving.
If he does it will set us back, but just maybe his legacy could set us up for a decade - ooh fcuk, who knows.
FWIW my quotes definitely aren’t Verbatim- bad vibe from both interviews though.
Aaah the vibe.......
He may go. He may stay. If he goes the onus is on Bell to find a way to improve our list. We will lose that development, and he is quality. Maybe that could be replaced by Bolton or Billings. Maybe Sturt, Valente, O'Driscoll or Western come through. Maybe incoming picks give us a bounty. Critical thinking and decision making is what we will need.

What I’d do to have had Sturt not be injured the last two years…
Me too
I either want to:

a. See if he is as soft as I think he is so we can move him on
or
b. Revel in the s**t I cop for being wrong whilst he becomes the goal kicking forward we need

Win / Win either way😬

Me too
I either want to:

or
b. Revel in the sh*t I cop for being wrong whilst he becomes the goal kicking forward we need

Win / Win either way😬
You are wrong already just for making a judgement call on a player who has barely been on the park.

Why doesn’t he just grow a set and tell his family he will be home in 10 years?

100% this. I can't wrap my head around all of this "homesick" talk each and every year from these AFL players. I get these guys are younger (19-22 yo) than they are here the the states (23+ yo) when they become professionals, but you guys have airplanes there in Australia, right? Aaron Rodgers and other players can go home any time they want to visit family in Cali. Players in LA can go home during the offseason to Cleveland if they want. Tons of players get drafted from NY and play in TX, or Washington state, or Cali. My brother lives 13 hour drive from me. He doesn't get home sick. Your Aussie mom's must be some damn good cooks. lol.

Me too
I either want to:

or
b. Revel in the sh*t I cop for being wrong whilst he becomes the goal kicking forward we need

Win / Win either way😬
I really really dont like calling players soft for getting injured

100% this. I can't wrap my head around all of this "homesick" talk each and every year from these AFL players. I get these guys are younger (19-22 yo) than they are here the the states (23+ yo) when they become professionals, but you guys have airplanes there in Australia, right? Aaron Rodgers and other players can go home any time they want to visit family in Cali. Players in LA can go home during the offseason to Cleveland if they want. Tons of players get drafted from NY and play in TX, or Washington state, or Cali. My brother lives 13 hour drive from me. He doesn't get home sick. Your Aussie mom's must be some damn good cooks. lol.

But seriously, my impression is with so many major cities so close to each other in the US it's a bit more normalised to move away for college etc. Would that be right?

Over here everyone lives in 5 main cities so people often seem to get a bit more rooted in place.

Concerning on the Duff & Quarters podcast where Mark Duffield heard from a club source that they were confident he could stay and reckon he’s fifty-fifty. That doesn’t fill me with confidence. If he’s smart, he signs a two year contract and backs himself into being a restricted free agent where he can get his bumper long term contract.

Aaah the vibe.......
Agree with the vibe

Have watched the last 10min of the 4th through to where they sing the song more times than a grown man should and what's noticeable is after the siren Cerra is not really inner sanctum, he's very much on the periphery. He's clearly ecstatic with the win but doesnt really get involved too much. Could be just his personality but he had 11 touches in the last QTR would have expected him to be in amongst it more.

Also no interview with Cez after career best game. Expanding on that Hayden young interview when talking about who played well on the weekend he doesn't mention Cez which given he got 8 coaches votes or something is a little odd.

Back