Play Frampton now! not when Kanye West is elected US President

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree. Did Frampton ever try and get front position at boundary throw ins? He always appeared to be content to play from behind.

Then again, it may have just been me being grumpy.:)

Sadly it sounds like he's been watching too much of Lobbe.

Billy Frampton 23 disposals (13 kicks 10 handballs), 23 hitouts, 5 marks, 4 clearances.

0 tackles but Billy does his best pressure acts off the ball

*Ty Ford Fairlane a quick copy n' paste :D

Young ruckman Billy Frampton was one of those players, with Cornes hailing his performance as his best for the year.
“Frampton was high in hitouts (23) and high in possessions as well (23)," Cornes said following the match.
“He really got involved once the ball hit the ground, hunted the ball and followed up his work really well.”
Looks like Chad is happy with the way Billy is playing...:D

Frampton needs to spend plenty of time in the gym in the off season. At 86kg he does not have enough bulk for AFL footy. There is no point in an 86kg player taking front position if he is pushed off the ball by a 100kg+ player he is better placed leaping from behind.

Frampton needs to spend plenty of time in the gym in the off season. At 86kg he does not have enough bulk for AFL footy. There is no point in an 86kg player taking front position if he is pushed off the ball by a 100kg+ player he is better placed leaping from behind.
Nonsense he's no less ready than Dougal was it was interesting to hear Ollie last week saying he would like to see him get a go.

Nonsense he's no less ready than Dougal was it was interesting to hear Ollie last week saying he would like to see him get a go.

Who says Dougal Howard was ready and Dougal was never expected to shoulder the rucking duty. Take a look at the players you expect a 19 year old 86kg kid to beat in his first outing. This week for example he would be pitted against a 201cm, 103kg player with 163 AFL games experience. There is plenty of time for Frampton and no need to rush. As for players wanting to nominate who should and should not be playing, perhaps they need to concentrate on their own performances and worry a little less on who should or should not be in the team?

Who says Dougal Howard was ready and Dougal was never expected to shoulder the rucking duty. Take a look at the players you expect a 19 year old 86kg kid to beat in his first outing. This week for example he would be pitted against a 201cm, 103kg player with 163 AFL games experience. There is plenty of time for Frampton and no need to rush. As for players wanting to nominate who should and should not be playing, perhaps they need to concentrate on their own performances and worry a little less on who should or should not be in the team?

Yes - I think Dougal did well, but it's one thing for him to come in as a 3rd tall and quite another for Frampton to be thrown in the ruck against Goldy.

Dont speak a negative word about Billy on this thread you will get impaled.
The lad may have a bright future ahead of him but he is not ready yet imo.
Watched his game on tv against the BOTTOM side West with a percentage of 35.95 and while he was not bad he lacked strength, awareness and polish in his skill level.
Im still suffering for making mention of it.

It's not a bad idea. I reckon Trengove could do with a spell with the ruck duties, because he's been belted around more than he's probably used to. I'm not sure why we haven't played Dixon at all in the centre square, just every now and then, could've always brought in Butch (why did we keep him on the list again?) to play up forward and given Dixon a few chances to get his hands on the footy and get some more confidence by following the ball around a bit more. But anyway I don't think that will ever happen but on the positive Lobbe is back and Frampton is coming along nicely, so at least we have more than the 1 option.

Oh god this reeks of that 2014 mid season thread to play Mitch Harvey
Yes, Frampton certainly showed a good bit against West but he hasn't dominated the SANFL in the short time he's been able to get onto the park. Dougal's ACL has probably made the selection committee a bit more wary about exposing a young body to the AFL too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ollie's comments were along the lines of had Frampton been on the park early in the year he might have jousted for a spot over Dougal, Ollie was asked which younger players at the club excited him & he answered Billy & Palmer I think it's ok for a player to voice that ffs.. who said you'd bring him in to shoulder the ruck he'd come in as support for Jacko

*Dougal's injury was just a bad luck scenario nothing to do with not being ready.

Remember when Mitch Harvey was delisted and it was met with a collective "eh" from the community? What a rollercoaster his career was.

From cult figure to who cares in 4 months, despite no variable change in form.

For the record, I was always in the Butcher camp. Bugger Harvey.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

Remember when Mitch Harvey was delisted and it was met with a collective "eh" from the community? What a rollercoaster his career was.

#teammasonshaw

Watched his game on tv against the BOTTOM side West with a percentage of 35.95 and while he was not bad he lacked strength, awareness and polish in his skill level.
Im still suffering for making mention of it.
Probably because at the time you were blathering on he hit two leading forwards lace out inside 50 within 5 minutes.

Nah Harvey ' s form fell off a cliff in the second half of last year and apparently so did his attitude. He was told by the coaches they were happy with him at the end of 2014 and the same in a review in early May last year. The 2014 draftees flew past him in the second half of 2015, and we knew mid year we had Dixon. Kenny boy clapped his hands with glee and said - good cut Harvs and let's draft another flanker.

Por que no los dos?

Yes - I think Dougal did well, but it's one thing for him to come in as a 3rd tall and quite another for Frampton to be thrown in the ruck against Goldy.

Yeah, I could see Frampton getting a game as a second tall option when he is ready but he is simply not equipped to be a regular ruck option at AFL level atm.

I also take the point made by others that a kid plays one good game at SANFL level and suddenly some of us must have him in the AFL. As I posted previously Billy has time to mature and some solid work in the off season and he is ready to go as that tall support for Ryder next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back