Play Frampton now! not when Kanye West is elected US President

Remove this Banner Ad

2ibcaxw.jpg

#playframpton

Watching Billy's game last night (and Ladham's) and following on the reports from last week it's pretty clear that poor old Matt Lobbe's a hindrance at sanfl level. What do we do with him for the next half decade he's still contracted for?

Watching Billy's game last night (and Ladham's) and following on the reports from last week it's pretty clear that poor old Matt Lobbe's a hindrance at sanfl level. What do we do with him for the next half decade he's still contracted for?
It's a real problem the game has moved past the dinosaur ruck that offers nothing around the ground

Three more seasons to go (contracted until the end of 2019). I feel bad for the guy but clearly, he's of no use to either the AFL or the SANFL side. He's 28 so will probably play his contract out and retire from AFL. What a * up by the club.

Last edited:
About Frampton, I quite liked what I saw last night. I am not sure if he's ready for AFL yet but he should continue to play the ruck/forward role with the magpies at least. This is how having Lobbe in the site would play against the development of a player with the potential to be an AFL footballer.

If Wild Billy is promoted to the Power, and stays at that level, it won't matter, but until he is ( and does ) having to play the rock lobster at the Maggies may not do much for the development of Billy and Ladhams as ruckmen, but it may help them become better forward options.

It's a difficult one, but having too many ruckmen on the list has to be a better option than what we were left with last season.

I am looking forward to an eventual Ryder/Frampton ruck combo, with Jacko returning to his best spot, ie chb. :)

About Frampton, I quite liked what I saw last night. I am not sure if he's ready for AFL yet but he should continue to play the ruck/forward role with the magpies at least. This is how having Lobbe in the site would play against the development of a player with the potential to be an AFL footballer.
I wouldn't throw Billy in as number 1 ruck in the afl team. But I reckon he's ready for a crack at forward/second ruck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the fact Lobbe forces Frampton and Ladhams to play forward. They've got plenty of time to develop the ruck craft, but that exposure to playing forward for such long periods could be invaluable for developing that 3rd tall fwd/rotating ruck.

Next week if possible. Dixon, Westhoff and Frampton up forward, Ryder rucking, Trengove, Clurey and Jonas down back.

Have Hoff roam, Trengove and Frampton also as options to ruck, Dixon can stay forward.

I wouldn't throw Billy in as number 1 ruck in the afl team. But I reckon he's ready for a crack at forward/second ruck

I don't think Billy will ever be #1 ruck, he is made for #2 ruck as a genuine resting key forward.

Personally, I'd give him a crack in the second half of the year if his form warrants selection.

Good to see he appears to be over his injury problems.

I find this so sad for Lobbe :(

I wouldn't write him off just yet.

Look at TJ, there were a number of posters saying he wasn't even in our best 22 which was ridiculous.

People change their views all the time.

I wouldn't write him off just yet.

Look at TJ, there were a number of posters saying he wasn't even in our best 22 which was ridiculous.

People change their views all the time.
He shouldn't have been in our 22 for about 16 months and he shouldn't (still unequivocally true) have gotten a 3 year contract.

"Ridiculous" lol watch some of those 15/16 games back and tell me Jonas was "best 22".

Next week if possible. Dixon, Westhoff and Frampton up forward, Ryder rucking, Trengove, Clurey and Jonas down back.

Have Hoff roam, Trengove and Frampton also as options to ruck, Dixon can stay forward.

That will never happen, it'd mean we would again have some sort of structure up forward.

That will never happen, it'd mean we would again have some sort of structure up forward.
If he keeps playing at the level he displayed against Norwood he might just get a look in ahead of Eddy but is he mobile enough to play forward predominantly with our set-up?
I'd say yes he could be rotated off the bench, Eddy was being spelled quite a bit anyway.

His game against Norwood was his only good game since being drafted otherwise he's either played fair or poorly. Keep in mind he's hardly strung a half a season of games in a row since being here.

Wild Billy definitely appears to have an X factor about him, but I have to agree that he has been extremely injury prone.
He missed a heap of games in his first season, and I reckon he was on the sidelines 2 or 3 times with various ailments last year, he needs a mainly injury free year this season for his development.

If he makes the grade at AFL level I suspect it won't be as the number 1 ruck, but as a floating forward and back up ruckman.
That aside, I can see him getting a gig as the back up to Paddy as early as this season, particularly if he can put 4 or 5 good games together at the Maggies.

Ladhams is the bloke that I can see taking over the number 1 ruck mantle, but I expect that will be a number of years down the track.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back