Players linked to your club that (in hindsight) you are glad you missed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Then Sloane is playing well under value

Carlisle will be playing for $600k a season for the next 3, during which time, the average wage will have increased to $400k

So yeah, "only"
I don't think he's playing under value at all, especially when his contract was signed. I think it's more of a case of a few players being paid overs in the last 12-24 months, it has made people think overs is the norm. Players like Buddy, Ablett, Tom Boyd etc are being paid overs based on the fact that they've moved clubs, or potential (or both in Boyd's case). Not many players who have not left their club are on mega inflated salaries like that. My point is, $600k when the Carlisle deal was done was still very decent coin, especially for a player who was going to be potentially banned for a year (which obviously happened).

Jono O'Rourke
Kristian Jaksch
Chris Dawes

Yeah. We were pretty happy ourselves with getting Jaksch at the time.............so far, not good.

Cloke was apparently all but signed at Carlton, but Collingwood came over the top and the Clokes walked.
Carlisle: He wanted to come and we thought we'd get him cheap. So glad to have missed on him, regardless of performance.
Ben Lennon. Very keen on him but Richmond took him just before us and we were left in taking Cripps........never mind.

I don't think he's playing under value at all, especially when his contract was signed. I think it's more of a case of a few players being paid overs in the last 12-24 months, it has made people think overs is the norm. Players like Buddy, Ablett, Tom Boyd etc are being paid overs based on the fact that they've moved clubs, or potential (or both in Boyd's case). Not many players who have not left their club are on mega inflated salaries like that. My point is, $600k when the Carlisle deal was done was still very decent coin, especially for a player who was going to be potentially banned for a year (which obviously happened).

A 6-8 year* edit CHB who intercept marks and can swing forward for $600k is common sense

Every day of the week

I doubt you would be if he was at your club and wearing your jumper though. No-one's perfect, but if they;'re wearing your jumper and playing well you love them anyway.

Happy with Marchbank thank you and I don't like someone just because they may wear a Navy Blue jumper.

I didn't like Grigg when he was with us and still don't now. Would be hard to find some love for Carlisle, even more so.

Turned 11 into Josh Dunkley and Kieran Collins IIRC

Correct, via Carlton. We recruited Charlie Curnow with that pick.

EDIT: Indirectly it actually got us Harry McKay. From memory we were most keen on Charlie, but felt we'd miss out on Harry if we didn't pick him at 10, with Adelaide sandwiched between our two picks. We thought Adelaide wouldn't go with Charlie, which of course was correct.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jom
Vickery
Tom Mitchell
Luke Parker
Hartlett
Motlop
Cooney
Trelol
Heeney
Boak
Heppell
Crouch
Mayne
Melksham
Caddy
Carlisle
Shiel
Hooker
Shultz
Bennell
Mitch brown
Nathan brown
Betts
Aish
O'rourke
Harry Dear
Tuohy
Howe
Seedsman
Liam Jones
Varcoe
Karnezis
Rohan Bewick
Viv michie
Heath Shaw
Lumumba
Etc..

Pack of useless campaigners

Chris Judd. When he went to Carlton. The blues gave far too much.

and Same For Collingwood. Judd is a Gun but Blues sold the Farm for him and he only made them into a Middle of the Road Team

Melbourne offered Pick 4 to Collingwood in exchange for Chris Dawes and Sharrod Wellingham.

Thank goodness Wellingham turned us down so we could keep pick 4 and draft Jimmy Toumpas :drunk:

Melbourne offered Pick 4 to Collingwood in exchange for Chris Dawes and Sharrod Wellingham.

Thank goodness Wellingham turned us down so we could keep pick 4 and draft Jimmy Toumpas :drunk:

Player Collingwood most likely Pick at 4 we got at 18 Anyway;)

...and actually isn't that good

That's it. Other than that he's a wonderful gentleman.

Let me say it again for you: I don't like Carlisle and glad he's not polluting the Navy Blue jumper.
If your daughter brought home Dusty and Carlisle and said Dad, who should I take out on a date...

Can I get you a beer Dusty?

Jom
Vickery
Tom Mitchell
Luke Parker
Hartlett
Motlop
Cooney
Trelol
Heeney
Boak
Heppell