Play Nice Politics #3 - Covideo killed the radio star

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t like the guy at all, he’s just a full on megalomaniacal *******. But the constant suggestion about illegalities and impeachment has gotten a bit hum drum. I’m sure the WW3 rhetoric will fire up again soon.
Yep Russia this, impeachment that

Should spend more energy on coming up with a better alternative rather than trying to run down a guy who has so many flaws that pointing them out individually feels like a drop in the ocean and meaningless

Far out. Brexit deal agreed! Has anyone checked on the guardian and bbc?

They will be at a complete loss with nothing left to spread fear about

jenny61_99 , do you remember posting that Trump would bring on WW3? You were beside yourself at the mere thought. Remember being so ridiculously emotional on something that barely impacts your life at all? I presume that you’re a little more relaxed about Trump these days. Even though he remains a complete knob.
You can’t be ******* serious, are you even watching?

Far out. Brexit deal agreed! Has anyone checked on the guardian and bbc?

They will be at a complete loss with nothing left to spread fear about

Will it get through Parliament though? Looks like Johnson still has a fait bit of sweet talking to do to get it over the line.

Massive brain genius Trump has somehow made it easier for Turkey to ethnically cleanse the Kurdish population in Northern Syria. And he thinks it's a success. What an utterly inept administration.

Will it get through Parliament though? Looks like Johnson still has a fait bit of sweet talking to do to get it over the line.

Pretty unlikely at this point.

Well of course the remainers will try to obstruct it, but if they do it just strengthens Johnson's hand in terms of no deal or winning an election if they force yet another extension.

Even Europe is getting bored of the constant delaying actions.

SA unemployment dropped by 1% but apparently no mention on the ABC, that’s odd
I'm not sure if you're aware, but it went up by the roughly same amount last month. I think there are a few factors that have made it volatile the last couple of months. Trend is more important.

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well of course the remainers will try to obstruct it, but if they do it just strengthens Johnson's hand in terms of no deal or winning an election if they force yet another extension.

Even Europe is getting bored of the constant delaying actions.
I think it's the northern Ireland faction that will oppose it as they have removed the backstop.

Have to remember that May was also in this position. Will be interesting to see what happens (today?)

I'm not sure if you're aware, but it went up by the roughly same amount last month. I think there are a few factors that have made it volatile the last couple of months. Trend is more important.

I was aware and the ABC reported it, but not when it dropped. That seems like balanced reporting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had a brain fart while listening to this story on the wireless. What’s stopping parliament from thrashing out the deal, vote it into law and then turn up at the EU with an approved deal.

I had a brain fart while listening to this story on the wireless. What’s stopping parliament from thrashing out the deal, vote it into law and then turn up at the EU with an approved deal.
Because the EU has to agree to the deal as well.

The EU won't agree to a deal which includes a customs frontier on the Ireland/Northern Ireland border. The British parliament won't agree to a deal which effectively breaks up the country, by putting a customs frontier between Northern Ireland and the rest of the country.

... and the UK Parliament has passed a law preventing Brexit from happening without a deal in place.

The looney academic....someone tell her the people have already spoken.....when you gotta get your gear off to get attention I think you've already lost any credibility you might have had prior.

The looney academic....someone tell her the people have already spoken.....when you gotta get your gear off to get attention I think you've already lost any credibility you might have had prior.

The people voted to leave the EU. However, they left it up to the politicians to decide the model for that exit. It's highly unlikely that the model Boris has proposed would receive a majority of votes, if put to the general public.

It's not unlike the way Howard bastardised the Republic referendum in 1999. If he'd simply asked "Do you want Australia to become a republic?", then the Yes vote would have won easily. Instead, he proposed a specific model, which he knew from the outset would be extremely unpopular. Unsurprisingly, the No vote won in a landslide.

Leaving the EU is very complicated. Not even the experts know/knew exactly how to:

1) get a deal done in the first place

2) the effects it will have on the UK, EU and the rest of the world for that matter

How the hell were the public supposed to have any idea.

Because the EU has to agree to the deal as well.

The EU won't agree to a deal which includes a customs frontier on the Ireland/Northern Ireland border. The British parliament won't agree to a deal which effectively breaks up the country, by putting a customs frontier between Northern Ireland and the rest of the country.

... and the UK Parliament has passed a law preventing Brexit from happening without a deal in place.

i get that the EU need to agree, but rolling in with an approved deal applies a fair bit of weight to the discussions.

looks very 70s. The people have already voted, parliament should agree on a deal and then roll in with a take it or leave it offer.

i get that the EU need to agree, but rolling in with an approved deal applies a fair bit of weight to the discussions.
Not really. The EU is under no obligation to accept any offer which it doesn't like. The EU doesn't particularly want the UK to leave, and is certainly not going to agree to any deal which is unfavourable to the EU.

Anything which is acceptable to the British Parliament is going to be unacceptable to the EU, and vice versa.

Brexit would be much simpler if the UK didn't have land borders with any EU country. Unfortunately, it has 2 - Northern Ireland/Ireland, and Gibraltar/Spain.

looks very 70s. The people have already voted, parliament should agree on a deal and then roll in with a take it or leave it offer.
To which the EU then says "leave it", and we're back where we started from. Note that the British Parliament has voted for a law preventing the country from leaving without a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back