VFL 2024 - Reserves Game Day discussion Rnds 2 - 21 (Merged threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Very, very unlucky in the end.
Great game from Cowan. Mirkov was good in the last quarter.
Not unlike the AFL in that they didn't make the most of a couple of chances.
Moir kicked a nice goal when the game was up for grabs, Lemmey presented well.
Couple of times in the last quarter Lewis Young should have spoiled but didn't even hit the contest. Very disappointing.

Good player surprise he was dropped and Fantasia selected yesterday
We'd have been playing 9 defenders with 3 that could be switched to other positions. We already played around with Williams with limited results, but probably should have dropped a ruck and swung Kemp forward in lieu of getting McGovern to snap his hamstrings leading up to the wing again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve struggled to rate Moir. Sublime talent but lacks the mental toughness. That’s why a lot of recruiters didn’t rate him

Sadly, I’m thinking they are right. We may have another Troy Menzel
I said it practically all of last year and probably close to 1000 times after we got linked to him. Couldn't believe we traded down to nab him instead of taking Collard or trading up for Wilson/Leake who have speed and foot skills to burn.

Hoping he comes good but think if he's going to make it he'll be a very slow burn. He looks miles off it physically.

Cowan highlights an issue I have with development. He is an attacking hard running player. Cincotta the same

Yet when they come into our senior side they seem to play lockdown defensive roles

I just feel we blunt so many talented players
Boyd too, just not sure why it isn't an instruction to feed him the ball more.

Quite funny that I like the look of our team make up in 3-4 years more than our current AFL team. We have brute force in the ones when we're healthy but we could be really dangerous if all of Wilson, Cowan, Binns, Monahan etc come on as we hope.

Will have some serious run and carry
Monahan and Wilson seem seem to be getting better slightly every game. They are having more and more moments where they stand out

Monahan and Wilson seem seem to be getting better slightly every game. They are having more and more moments where they stand out
Monahan is still a way off but he's a mighty impressive athlete. Reminds me of Acres in that hard running brick shit house type of build. Hopefully being Irish he ends up a better kick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back