News Robbie Gray in recruiting and list management role

Remove this Banner Ad

24 hours later and I'm still completed gutted by Robbies announcement. It's not only the fact that Saturday night will be the last time my family and I will have the joy of watching him play - it's the sadness of knowing that when we do finally make it to the big dance he won't be there. As others have said that's the cruelty of footy, you can be a club champion/AA/B&F etc (Nick Reiwoldt, Garry Lyon, Nathan Buckley) and get to being a bees d*ck away from it. One of the things that has always annoyed me in Adelaide was Eddie getting "Eddies pocket" I'd love to see every pocket on Saturday night have a sign with "Robbie's pocket" or "they're all Robbie's pockets".
The third quarter is the Robbie Gray quarter.

Robbie is probably the reason Ken's still here but not for the reason you've invented, it's because he's pulled our arses out of the fire that many times and singlehandedly turned so many games around in the last 10 years. But you can't blame him for being a great player, and you really can't blame him for not leading some sort of white anting campaign against his own coach. I want Ken gone as much as you do but don't blame the second best player of our AFL era when there are far more obvious people who actually make the decision to hire and fire coaches at the club.
Yeh, so it's not white anting after you given ken a fair go and then realised he doesn't know what he's doing. It just practical, rational thinking to move this guy on, not give him another list turn over to do the same thing. I was anti ken about half way through 2016, maybe a bit too early for most but it was pretty obvious then he was playing the club, supporters and media with cliches and feel good moments. Rational thinking was 2018 at the latest.

In the peak Ports bed s**t era that we now live in Robbie Gray was quite unique. There aren't very many players who are more accurate, more decisive and more settled when the pressure is on. But Gray certainly fits into that category. In fact, in a low pressure environment he was a below average finisher, but when it mattered you would bet your life on him executing. Boak, Westhoff, Ebert, Wines and other modern greats of the club didn't have this quality.

It's going to be weird not seeing him carrying the ball or on the team sheet next year.

I'm really annoyed that the events if the last two weeks has burnt me out from celebrating this superstar. Like so many before him, walls away without the premiership he so very much deserved - but as to that he was robbed of a Brownlow he so very much deserved and it hurts even more.

Bloody excited, though sad, to see him go around one last time. Thanks you legend.

Tim didn't want to say it. Lyon wouldn't say it. I get they are pandering to a Vic audience, but this really isn't a debate.

It's hilarious that they even think Edwards is in the conversation with Gray. Gray should be in the conversation with the Dangerfield's and Pendlebury's of the competition. lol Shane Edwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some complete **** Richmond supporter on that Twitter article saying premiership medallions make Edwards the better player. Yes, and Chad Rintoul is better than Gary Ablett Snr.

Shane edwards great player. Funnily enough similar to a Tyson edwards, even though no relation but similar career path and accolades.

Robbie gray needs to be spoken about as one of the all time greats, walk up hall of famer, it shouldn’t even be up for debate.

5 time all Australian not 4 time in my book. Like tredders in 05, he got robbed of 5 in a row. How he missed out on selection in 2016 is beyond me, probably his second best year after 2014 for me. Just because the team sucked he missed out.

When you consider the injuries & illness battles he had throughout his career there could’ve easily been more AA selections and B & F’s if he had a bit more luck.

Tredders and Gray can’t be separated. They are the equals goats.

Never been a better example of Vic bias. It's a ridiculous comparison. Robbie is in the top 2 afl players to ever play for our club.
Another perfect example is AFL 360 this week. They spent a solid 20 minutes blowing smoke up Dangerfield's a$$ for his 300th, Robbie retires on 271 and get's less than 5 minutes. Absolute joke.

I don't know about a beef but Tredders was the biggest critic of the prelim final performance last year. He had that interview with Ken in the off-season where he was pretty much the only media person ever to have asked Ken some tough questions.
Yep, stinkley did his only interview post the prelim debacle with Tredders on 5aa. It was a train wreck. Did not have any answers to what went wrong and said he would not have changed a thing... even in hindsight.

He went from calling him Tredders at the beginning of the interview, to "Warren" at the end. Rumour is they nearly came to blows once they were off air.

Yep, stinkley did his only interview post the prelim debacle with Tredders on 5aa. It was a train wreck. Did not have any answers to what went wrong and said he would not have changed a thing... even in hindsight.

He went from calling him Tredders at the beginning of the interview, to "Warren" at the end. Rumour is they nearly came to blows once they were off air.
Lol. Nearly came to blows. 6 foot 4 Wazza looking like he could still play versus jelly **** old man Hinks. There would have been 1 blow, not blows.

Anyone know if there's a recording of this somewhere?

500_2.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back