Preview Round 1, 2019: Collingwood vs Geelong - Pregame discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it was 76woodenspooners but don't quote me.
That's what I'm getting at. It's been repeated many times in the thread now, yet I can't see one official report mentioning cramp. I find it fascinating how things said in threads become facts after they are continually repeated.

No offence intended towards you 76woodenspooners as you may have heard it officially somewhere, or thought you did. :thumbsu:

Hope we play them better then we did last year.

We where Terrible
Yeah i agree mate. We fell into their trap last year with their talls sitting back whilst their midfielders blocked our space, causing us to overuse and stuff around with it.

Hopefully we have learnt a bit since then.

Our backline is looking really nice. Experienced and played a heap of footy together which is key. We just need Dunn back.

Dunn might not even be a Walk Up Started down back

I went to the game against Geelong last year, easily one of the most mind numbingly boring games I've ever attended. Such a forgetful match, it's a shame I actually remember the experience.

I think that we're a considerably better team than we were then. I don't underestimate the Cats, who have some claws, but I think we'll get the job done.

Team for round 1:

B - Langdon Roughead Howe
HB - Crisp Moore Maynard
C - Phillips Beams Sidebottom
HF - Elliott Mihochek Varcoe
F - DeGoey Cox Thomas
R - Grundy Treloar Pendlebury
INT - Stephenson Aish Mayne Greenwood

Last spot I was deciding between Greenwood/Cal Brown & Daicos. Greenwood gets the nod due to being a good matchup when tagging Selwood.

Pretty handy side.

No offence intended towards you 76woodenspooners as you may have heard it officially somewhere, or thought you did. :thumbsu:

No offence taken :)

I got it from the game vision of him lying on the ground stretching his legs out. He then went to the bench and stayed on the bench - and later Buckley said in his presser that he’s OK, he wanted to go back out, but was ordered to rest on the bench.

You’re right, despite looking like cramps (if it wasn’t an injury) then it could have been something else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m going to be conservative and not make rash predictions.
Collingwood by 48 points.
A nice two goal to the good quarter on quarter.

Geelong will around the mark again this year, unless they get a few injuries.
They looked good in the jlt.
They will be tough to get over the top of.

Has been a tough match up the past couple of years, hopefully we aren't caught napping.

Really interested to see how selection falls!

I went to the game against Geelong last year, easily one of the most mind numbingly boring games I've ever attended. Such a forgetful match, it's a shame I actually remember the experience.

I think that we're a considerably better team than we were then. I don't underestimate the Cats, who have some claws, but I think we'll get the job done.

That was a strange game if I've ever seen one. Pendles was an out from memory and they seemed to figure out our forward handballs and just kept cutting them off. It was painful!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back