Review Round 10 vs Geelong @ GMHBA Stadium (22.05.21 - 2:10pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

I know i said a smashing yesterday, but this screams honorable loss to me upon reflection.
I may change my mind but it does scream a smashing
Hawkins Rohan Smith Cameron Higgins Menegola -I just don't see us covering them while the ball keeps getting pumped inside by their midfield
They don't really have to worry about defending too much because we don't kick goals.Every opposition coach knows that.All they have to do is kick 11 goals and they win

Unless we change the game style it’s an uncompetitive flogging.
Last year we led them at their ground into the 3rd qtr. That was moving the ball quickly and not this chipping nonsense that good teams sweat on.
10 goals to 0 vs Bulldogs, 14 goals in a row vs Lions is enough evidence.
I think Dew is the man to take us forward but he needs to lose this stubbornness and admit faults. He couldn’t even admit Lyons decision was wrong. Move it quickly and give the forwards at least half a chance.

Holman, Miller In
Bowes, ??? Out

No one else in the 2's is really screaming to be picked at the moment other than Jeffery who needs to do it for a few more weeks.
Holman, Miller Macpherson and Smith in (I dont care if he was 'bad' in the NEAFL, we need hitouts.)
Bowes, Graham, Rankine, Atkins out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id Bring Sexton, Holman, Dmac in... and hopefully Touk gets up.

Sextons pressure in the 2s was decent and he and Dmac will be itching to play a good game. We need some desperation from some players and I think Sexy can atleast offer more than Rosas can at this stage.

Really need to bring that same pressure that Stkilda brought to the Cats for most of last week otherwise shes guna get messy.

Id Bring Sexton, Holman, Dmac in... and hopefully Touk gets up.

Sextons pressure in the 2s was decent and he and Dmac will be itching to play a good game. We need some desperation from some players and I think Sexy can atleast offer more than Rosas can at this stage.

Really need to bring that same pressure that Stkilda brought to the Cats for most of last week otherwise shes guna get messy.
You can't send the youngest team in the AFL out week after week and expect to bring pressure.It can happen in your heart and in the tough talk team meetings, but the reality is our guys don't have the physical maturity to bring heat week after week.Those of us that have been here since the beginning have seen all the "new beginnings"..the New Hope"..a couple of weeks of manic pressure and then....all the gas has gone and we roll over and can't get up for the rest of the season

Would leave Rosas in until the bye. Give him 3 straight weeks. Can't play him against ladder leaders Brisbane and Geelong then drop him for the more winnable Hawks game, surely.

Look at how Flanders has progressed with consecutive games.

You can't send the youngest team in the AFL out week after week and expect to bring pressure.It can happen in your heart and in the tough talk team meetings, but the reality is our guys don't have the physical maturity to bring heat week after week.Those of us that have been here since the beginning have seen all the "new beginnings"..the New Hope"..a couple of weeks of manic pressure and then....all the gas has gone and we roll over and can't get up for the rest of the season

Fully agree with your sentiments and I have been here from the start so have seen it all.... just think with a few of those changes it will maximize the pressure we can output. Nothing more.

Sunny, I agree that giving Rosas a 3 week block is a good idea but have also have to wonder that bringing in a small fwd debutant for 2 games against top 4 teams in a row is pretty questionable move by our coaches. Sexton in would have made more sense even with his couple of weeks off. and then perhaps try to squeeze Rosas in for the Hawks game. Probably easier said in hindsight though.

Dew seem to be pretty good at making questionable decisions, Luko up fwd again one of them. Seriously doubting he has what it takes to get this team up and running.

Fully agree with your sentiments and I have been here from the start so have seen it all.... just think with a few of those changes it will maximize the pressure we can output. Nothing more.

Sunny, I agree that giving Rosas a 3 week block is a good idea but have also have to wonder that bringing in a small fwd debutant for 2 games against top 4 teams in a row is pretty questionable move by our coaches. Sexton in would have made more sense even with his couple of weeks off. and then perhaps try to squeeze Rosas in for the Hawks game. Probably easier said in hindsight though.

Dew seem to be pretty good at making questionable decisions, Luko up fwd again one of them. Seriously doubting he has what it takes to get this team up and running.
Yep moving the wrong magnets around. We are playing Geelong away, bring in some senior bodies and tell em to make a contest and fight for your career.

Obviously none of us expect us to win this game (including me who looks at the positive in everything) so, what sort of result or margin would we deem acceptable or a positive?

for me, if we play like we played in this game last year with the ability to bounce back when Geelong get a little run on us, then I’ll be happy knowing we are getting better!

Bringing in Sexton will be a backward move, need to test McLennan and sharp type in AFL just like Farrar . Yearly waste of talent and getting 4th round pick back is not going improve the team, Sexton is not getting any younger ,same as Sam day , Thompson and swallow . Academy players as always is overrated here , let them do a Gore or Baker play state league as 19 or 20 years old .

Last edited:
Bringing in Sexton will be a backward move, need to test McLennan and sharp type in AFL just like Farrar . Yearly waste of talent and getting 4th round pick back is not going improve the team, Sexton is not getting any younger ,same as Sam day , Thompson and swallow . Academy players as always is overrated here , let them do a Gore or Baker play state league as 19 or 20 years old .

I think we do need to test what we have in the VFL team too. We aren’t going to play finals so let’s see if anyone surprises us like Farrar.

Based on last weeks effort drop the whole 22 to the VFL and play every kid we have.

Gonna get pumped either way and some of those senior boys don’t deserve to wear the jumper.

Think the footy world and us fans learnt just how important touk Miller is. Also think smith back in will free up burgess, to go back. might free up collins if that makes sense

Remove this Banner Ad

Back