Preview Round 4: Changes and prematch discussion vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, ******* around with large hay bales is a recipe for disaster for a professional footy player. Sure it looks good on Twitter but this was bound to happen.
It's the new feathers. They're leading to a bit too much rolling in the hay.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Go back and watch the start of our last two matches for the players behavior in the warm up, it tells a lot.

We lost vs the swines because we were not mentally switched on.

Hard to believe given our history against that team but it was clear from what happened immediately following that initial blast of goals that we were expecting the Swans to just give up in the face of our overwhelming ability. A bit of an indictment really.

Hard to believe given our history against that team but it was clear from what happened immediately following that initial blast of goals that we were expecting the Swans to just give up in the face of our overwhelming ability. A bit of an indictment really.

Getting them right between the ears is half of the job.

This is his first year. He is under extremely difficult and different situations in 2020. We have never seen this in our lifetimes.

Can you imagine if we still had our old coaching staff in 2020? We would be a disaster. The way Shaw has built relationships between the players and staff is fantastic. We are almost lucky we have him this year imo

Don't get me wrong I am completely sold on Shaw.

I think we made the right decision and he has breathed hope into our football club.

He has taken steps to unite old guard with new.

Has taken steps to reconnect to our identity.

I have scars from the last bloke saying one thing and doing another.

Don't get me wrong I am completely sold on Shaw.

I think we made the right decision and he has breathed hope into our football club.

He has taken steps to unite old guard with new.

Has taken steps to reconnect to our identity.

I have scars from the last bloke saying one thing and doing another.

This is probably the first time I have wanted to ask re the rationale behind his selection as ahern in was left field and Bonar obviously a forced. But would love to know why he reverted to ziebell to cover cunners and not put Bonar in to give him a chance to shine.... likewise I like ahern I see what he likes about him but again he was never in the centre bounce I don't recall? And thought we had given up on the def trial.

I have said it about his last two team selections and we will see something more tonight too. First two he is backing in wood, didn't put Marley straight back in, rates ahern and now how will he react to that defeat..... I'm going for minimal reaction and for those who were out there to give a chance of redemption and assuming cunners is fit .... I'm going for Williams in and ahern and ats or jmac out.... I would like to see jackm and another tall

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Okay and?

Yeesh pre-match threads are so pedantic.

Bonar remains in as Cunnington stays out another week as the development on his back injury has persisted but he must play midfield.
Take Hayden out for Daw
Take Ahern out for Williams
And if we need another out, put Tarryn out because he's playing a non-effective forward for Mahoney.

There the rubix cube is solved.

Stop smoking billies billy

I’m glad it’s a Sunday game this week. It gives Ben more time to recover. The snippet I saw of Scamper on Channel 9 news didn’t fill me with anything approaching confidence on that front. Both my son and I said simultaneously “he’s not playing” as we watched Shaw speak about it. We can but hope.

We will struggle without Cunners. I won't be expecting a win.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is probably the first time I have wanted to ask re the rationale behind his selection as ahern in was left field and Bonar obviously a forced. But would love to know why he reverted to ziebell to cover cunners and not put Bonar in to give him a chance to shine.... likewise I like ahern I see what he likes about him but again he was never in the centre bounce I don't recall? And thought we had given up on the def trial.

I have said it about his last two team selections and we will see something more tonight too. First two he is backing in wood, didn't put Marley straight back in, rates ahern and now how will he react to that defeat..... I'm going for minimal reaction and for those who were out there to give a chance of redemption and assuming cunners is fit .... I'm going for Williams in and ahern and ats or jmac out.... I would like to see jackm and another tall

I think Shaw got scared that Parker/ Kennedy would destroy Bonar.

Perhaps became the selection committee ( who probably know just a tad about football) thought that it was a good idea?

When you put it like that, let's delete all messages and pack up the forum. Nobody who posts on here is on the selection committee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many times have we done this in the last four years?

Ripped out of the blocks and realised it would be too easy just as the other side wakes up.

I have also just listened to the press conference.... pretty sure Marley is in after that not totally convinced jackm is and also interesting he mentioned X and Campbell maybe he is thinking another tall in the mix

If we go another tall then I hope it’s X. Campbell is a pure ruck imo. Though I don’t think scoring opportunities was problem last week so I wouldn’t mind staying small

I have also just listened to the press conference.... pretty sure Marley is in after that not totally convinced jackm is and also interesting he mentioned X and Campbell maybe he is thinking another tall in the mix

There is a need to make McEvoy accountable and Brown needs another tall.

The fact that he's touch and go, means that even if he does play, he won't be 100%.
I believe if they are not a 100% don't play them, but there are some player that are exception from the rule, Cunners is one. He is tough and unrelenting and if he's 90% and not going to add to the back problem, get him in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back