VFL Round 6 - Collingwood vs Box Hill at Olympic Park Oval (Pies lost 76-102)

Remove this Banner Ad

Some ridiculous numbers there.
Berg - 41
Ramsay - 38
Broomhead - 37
Langdon - 34
Thomas - 31
Brown - 29

Looking at disposal numbers like that you'd think we'd have won if you didn't know better :(

Some ridiculous numbers there.
Berg - 41
Ramsay - 38
Broomhead - 37
Langdon - 34
Thomas - 31
Brown - 29

Looking at disposal numbers like that you'd think we'd have won if you didn't know better :(

Most likely not playing direct footy, too much chip and slow switching. Probably like the seniors in the first half.

HOLY SH*T

41 TOUCHES, GET HIM IN NOW!

Ramsay also looks like he had a very impressive game. I am a big believer in Ramsay, only played 15 games of footy and has had 2 ACL'S? Or 1? Either way, he is still very inexperienced, i think he will come good.

Most likely not playing direct footy, too much chip and slow switching. Probably like the seniors in the first half.
The kick to handball ratio of Broomhead and especially Langdon, is very telling imo. Langdon should be having a lot more kicks given where he plays. Berg was really our only high possession winner who had a good kick/handball ratio.

HOLY SH*T

41 TOUCHES, GET HIM IN NOW!

Ramsay also looks like he had a very impressive game. I am a big believer in Ramsay, only played 15 games of footy and has had 2 ACL'S? Or 1? Either way, he is still very inexperienced, i think he will come good.
1 ACL. Berg had 2.

Mayne 12 touches 0.0.
Not even a shadow of a doubt that this guy is the worst pick up we've ever had.

Against Ryan Schoenmakers...:oops::$

Add a year to that. Won't play a senior game this year, and likely to only play a handful next year.

He's super raw though, but that raw talent is impressive in very small patches. That pack mark and goal in the second quarter is almost his career highlight so far. And if he can do it once, he can do it again.

Won't be a senior regular till 2019 at earliest though, a real project player that needs time.

Depends IF we Recurit any KPF in the next Off-Season or not

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goldsack can play forward, would offer more pressure acts than number 11 as an example

I understand I am in minority and this is but on last night alone (and I was a touch tired watching it at 1am) but Blair was hard at it in the second half and I thought he was a contributor. for me he's safe this week.

Agree goldy can play forward but that's not going to happen when he's playing well in the backline so.

Just having a look at the stats, the possessions numbers don't tell you how much impact the players had. Even Shaz wasn't as influential was what the stats suggest he was. Crocker was one of our more influential players and looking at the stats you'd have thought he barely touched the ball.

Speaking of kick to handball ratios, Kirgy had 12 kicks and 1 handball. But I've noticed that when he gets the ball he can be a bit slow to make a decision. So rather than giving the quick hands off he can take a bit too long and is forced into kicking the ball when the quick hands was the better option. It was still a very exciting game yesterday though.

Just having a look at the stats, the possessions numbers don't tell you how much impact the players had. Even Shaz wasn't as influential was what the stats suggest he was. Crocker was one of our more influential players and looking at the stats you'd have thought he barely touched the ball.

Speaking of kick to handball ratios, Kirgy had 12 kicks and 1 handball. But I've noticed that when he gets the ball he can be a bit slow to make a decision. So rather than giving the quick hands off he can take a bit too long and is forced into kicking the ball when the quick hands was the better option. It was still a very exciting game yesterday though.

Stats only tell part of the Story

maynard has some genuine toe at times so I couldn't play Shaz in his place.
Maynard's long kick Inside 50 and his own goal kicking ability will make him more dangerous on a wing. Plus, the little brain fades on the last line that cost us goals will be minimal.

He may be quicker than Shaz when the ball hits the deck, but once Varcoe comes back he will solve that problem in the backline- Plus our mids and wingmen pushing back can help with cover

Maynard's long kick Inside 50 and his own goal kicking ability will make him more dangerous on a wing. Plus, the little brain fades on the last line that cost us goals will be minimal.

He may be quicker than Shaz when the ball hits the deck, but once Varcoe comes back he will solve that problem in the backline- Plus our mids and wingmen pushing back can help with cover

agree Maynard could be a weapon on the wing but atm he has to play back. without Sinclair and varcoe we need some speed rather than another tall, which to me is what Shaz plays like.

down the track who knows.

This is the "problem" isn't it. The two positional like for like players are playing career best seasons. Trying to bring Berg in is not as straight forward as is being made out. Where else could be play? Who else could he replace?

IS there a legitimate reason he couldn't play forward?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back