Opinion Sack Hinkley 10 - UnTENable

Remove this Banner Ad

"Great midfields going at each other," said Hinkley of the billboard battle that could be the most decisive in the match-up of two 2023 finalists seeking to establish their top-four credentials in a new season.

"Melbourne has to be close, I would have thought, to the best group of mids together. Look at their quality ... Petracca, Oliver, Viney (in his 250th), Sparrow, Max Gawn and Pickett goes in there. It is a pretty formidable group we are up against.

"I am looking forward to seeing the growth of our group. Ollie Wines back in good form taking on those challenges himself. Ivan Soldo (leading the ruck against Gawn). Our captain (Connor Rozee) and vice-captain (Zak Butters) are really important to us. We still have Jason Horne-Francis out of our team.

As always, we're growing (for 11 straight seasons), they're great.

"Great midfields going at each other," said Hinkley of the billboard battle that could be the most decisive in the match-up of two 2023 finalists seeking to establish their top-four credentials in a new season.

"Melbourne has to be close, I would have thought, to the best group of mids together. Look at their quality ... Petracca, Oliver, Viney (in his 250th), Sparrow, Max Gawn and Pickett goes in there. It is a pretty formidable group we are up against.

"I am looking forward to seeing the growth of our group. Ollie Wines back in good form taking on those challenges himself. Ivan Soldo (leading the ruck against Gawn). Our captain (Connor Rozee) and vice-captain (Zak Butters) are really important to us. We still have Jason Horne-Francis out of our team.

Jeez he's a campaigner isn't he

Just buttering up the excuses before the game starts. Yeah our boys are still building.. not quite there yet. Stinkers Rozee and butters are 24.. they're prime. Butters was literally the AFL MVP lol. Jhf isn't even playing so why mention him?

Just trying to get the excuses up early for the post game loss presser.

Beginning to understand why so many of our Facebook fans think he’s a hero.

If you religiously tuned in for this turnip’s pressers and general media drivel, you’d be forgiven for thinking we were San Marino granted a wildcard to the World Cup.

Almost heard Hinkley say he made a mistake. On the bump podcast, they played a snippet from his presser. When talking about the jhf injury he said they won't risk him, that getting players through to the end of the year is important, and that he's starting to realise that. Of course I think he'll forget next time it's a contract year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When talking about the jhf injury he said they won't risk him, that getting players through to the end of the year is important, and that he's starting to realise that.

Cheeses Aitch.

How does a senior coach with 250 games’ experience — and a decade as an assistant before that — not fathom that the general goal of any football season is to have your best available team performing when the whips are cracking, not least if you’re a contender.

Sure the desperation to bank wins and fleece Koch into another contract was clearly there in general, but given I haven’t heard him say anything remotely intelligent or insightful about the game for years, I can totally buy him announcing this as a genuine revelation after the whimperless queef that was last September.

The most insightful go-to thing keninly says is "ive been in foody a long time"

He rolls it out all the time, particularly if there is a slight whiff of criticism, like hes some sage student of the intracacies of the game as opposed to some bogan greyhound farmer.

Adelaide being s**t for so long is also a contributor to why we never sack Hinkley too.

Over the past decade or so Port could’ve not only pulled in front of Adelaide on the premiership ledger, but gone a long way to restoring its regional hegemony for the first time since 1991.

Attendances, audited memberships and revenue are comparable as it is (unthinkable as recently as 2017-18), imagine how the club would be sitting with 2, 3, or even 4 premierships right now?

Instead the club’s admin and board repeatedly concluded that the ongoing employment and deification of a stale opportunist with the loser gene was preferable.

Horrendous.

We literally have a coach who was an assistant under ******* BLIGHT in the ******* 1990s.

He is so far past his ******* used by he is stewing in his own mouldy juices.

I'm still getting over his declaration last weekend that "you don't always get what you deserve" which runs completely opposite to what had been presumed to be his overarching coaching philosophy for the previous 11 years.

Cheeses Aitch.

How does a senior coach with 250 games’ experience — and a decade as an assistant before that — not fathom that the general goal of any football season is to have your best available team performing when the whips are cracking, not least if you’re a contender.

Sure the desperation to bank wins and fleece Koch into another contract was clearly there in general, but given I haven’t heard him say anything remotely intelligent or insightful about the game for years, I can totally buy him announcing this as a genuine revelation after the whimperless queef that was last September.
The guy is a bs and con artist, liar of the highest order. I know I sound like a broken record but he literally never tells the truth. He has no intention of adhering to any kind of injury protocols. He says whatever he thinks makes him look good at any given moment.

Last edited:
I'm still getting over his declaration last weekend that "you don't always get what you deserve" which runs completely opposite to what had been presumed to be his overarching coaching philosophy for the previous 11 years.
The reason you get so many contradictory comments like these is because he doesn't believe it at all. Just fits the bs narrative at the time.

Almost heard Hinkley say he made a mistake. On the bump podcast, they played a snippet from his presser. When talking about the jhf injury he said they won't risk him, that getting players through to the end of the year is important, and that he's starting to realise that. Of course I think he'll forget next time it's a contract year.
After a decade, Kenny Average has supposedly worked that out.

I blame Koch and he is just the worst person to ever to walk into the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back