Opinion Sack Hinkley 10 - UnTENable

Remove this Banner Ad

The most insightful go-to thing keninly says is "ive been in foody a long time"

He rolls it out all the time, particularly if there is a slight whiff of criticism, like hes some sage student of the intracacies of the game as opposed to some bogan greyhound farmer.
Hinkley is one of those dumbarses who believes that long exposure to something is the same as experience. Hinkley has been exposed to VFL/AFL football for close on 50 years but his depth of actual experience is minimal.

Hinkley is one of those dumbarses who believes that long exposure to something is the same as experience. Hinkley has been exposed to VFL/AFL football for close on 50 years but his depth of actual experience is minimal.
Probably thinks that because he would take St Kilda training while Blight played golf, it made him the equal or superior of Blight.

He gets defensive and uptight as well over even minor, innocuous questions.

Journo probes about the 'Oppenheimer' theme within the playing group, Ken calls out the journo as taking it 'to a dark place' and that he hadn't even seen the movie ffs.

But then why use it as a theme for 40 players? If you haven't seen the movie then why butcher the underlying significance of the event.

I watched Oppenheimer yesterday.

It was very clear to me after watching the full three hours that our boys didn’t watch the second half. Everything Wines mentioned about why it was a good motivational theme happened before the successful test, which was the midway point of the movie.

Everything that happened after is what made it an inappropriate theme to be using as motivation for a sporting team.

Classic.

Still lol at Hinkley's response to that question. If ever there was a time to just say 'you're an idiot mate, next question', that was it. And yet Kenny somehow manages to get all defensive and ends up looking like the idiot himself by feeling the need to clarify the club's position on nuclear war.

I watched Oppenheimer yesterday.

It was very clear to me after watching the full three hours that our boys didn’t watch the second half. Everything Wines mentioned about why it was a good motivational theme happened before the successful test, which was the midway point of the movie.

Everything that happened after is what made it an inappropriate theme to be using as motivation for a sporting team.

Classic.
Well they couldn't use ******* Barbie as inspiration! Ghey!!
Not their fault hollywood haven't made a Shawshank Redemption 2 in the last couple of years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let’s recap the cavalcade of current and former media voices who happily form a phalanx of human shields around Hinkley:

• Kane Cornes (owes his ‘300 games’ title to Ken; also employs his brother);

• Gerard Whateley (boyhood Geelong fan when Ken was in his pomp as a player, and middle-aged Cats fan when assistant coach Ken helped deliver the 2007 droughtbreaker);

• Dwayne Russell (former teammate);

• Ross Lyon (former teammate);

• Paul Roos (former teammate);

• Malcolm Blight (coached him; part of his coaching tree);

• Michelangelo Rucci (embedded access, pro-bono club historian and content creator);

• Graham Cornes (see Kane);

• Caroline Wilson (provides access to her whenever she wants it);

• Campbell Brown (coached by him);

• Cam Mooney (coached by him);

• Cam Ling (coached by him);

• Steve Johnson (coached by him);

• Stephen Rowe (as an ex-Crow player and current ambassador, would happily have Ken in the opposing coaches box until the sun burns out);

No other coach in history has enjoyed such a shamelessly conflicted and deeply-layered ring of defences around his ongoing employment, to the point where serious scrutiny and criticism is practically non-existent — except of course for Warren Tredrea, who was casually pilloried by all and sundry as Voldemort (including the Chairman of Port Adelaide!) for declaring that 11 years without a Grand Final is too long.

Edit: shout-out David King as a rare source of dissent too, as he has no vested interest to bleach arseholes with his tongue like those above.

Glory be.
100% agree but add Grant Thomas. He was the first voice of dissent.

The AFL is bullshit. When you finally wake up to this it's both liberating and sad. A game you have watched and adored your whole life now nothing much than a ridiculous pantomime.

Watched 3 halves of footy this year. Unimaginable in years gone by. Can not stomach football shows any more either. "The Footy Industry", bunch of back scratching mostly dumbarse amateurs who think they are way more important than they are, living in their little warped narrow "footy world". Complete campaigners. Even The Front Bar was switched off by the second ad brake. It's just the same ******* jokes....
I feel exactly the same. Afl celebrity is thru the charts and so boring. The bias in commentary is also a major head f**ck.

I dunno, the paranoid McCarthyism is reminiscent of the climate at Alberton when dealing with non-believers.

View attachment 3a1c3440-7c4f-4c21-be83-380744393e91.mp4

IF ONLY there was another role at a footy club that wasn’t head coach…

I have been in the Sack Hinkley camp since 2017 but I actually believe the bloke does have something to offer that’s not head coaching. It’s now an open secret but Port fans are expected to deal with this because he’s a good bloke™️

View attachment 1944366

IF ONLY there was another role at a footy club that wasn’t head coach…

I have been in the Sack Hinkley camp since 2017 but I actually believe the bloke does have something to offer that’s not head coaching. It’s now an open secret but Port fans are expected to deal with this because he’s a good bloke™️

It’s genuinely unreal.

As supporters and footy fans, if winning and trophies is supposed to take a backseat to the mentorship and emotional welfare of men — young or otherwise — I’d rather buy a season ticket to a community shed, or donate $500 a year to Lifeline.

It’s genuinely unreal.

As supporters and footy fans, if winning and trophies is supposed to take a backseat to the mentorship and emotional welfare of men — young or otherwise — I’d rather buy a season ticket to a community shed, or donate $500 a year to Lifeline.
At Port, we're basically running on Mr Burns' ether-induced hallucination philosophy of success. Colourised vision of Kochie and Ken at every contract negotiation:

Kern would totally steal the premiership cup if we actually did win it too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back