Opinion Sack Hinkley 10 - UnTENable

Remove this Banner Ad

A work colleague is best mates with a Vic recruit who was drafted in 2014 and played three AFL games for Port, before being delisted at the end of 2017.

This person has absolutely nothing good to say about Ken, who allegedly treated him like absolute s**t and hated him.

But of course that could be construed as sour grapes for not getting much of an opportunity then getting chopped from the list.

Wonder how many other stories there are out there like that, hidden under the surface of the cult.

Hopefully we get a Scientology-like tell-all once we finally * this geezer off, where those formerly indoctrinated reveal the moment they finally saw the light.
Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if there were a few more stories like that.

For some, love is good when you get what you want but can easily flip to hate if you aren't getting what you want.

This kind of attitude has permeated into the the relationship of the club with its fans which does show you have bizarre it all is.

Not saying you're trying to defend Hinkley but if you were, using "a results industry" is absolutely the worst argument to use.

haven't you seen our winning percentage? it's the best in our AFL history mate

I'm all for Chad leaving, but can't blame the forward issues on him when they've existed for every forward coach we've had.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
You are right but is that because we haven't had a forwards coach that is actually good at it. Chad spent most of his time at CHB. Someone like Tredrea, or my first choice Jay Schulz, just someone that had a career at FF, because atm considering we have Marshall, MG, Finlayson and Dixon, we just don't get enough return.
I'm not just having a go at Cornes, its the whole Hinkley, Cornes, Richardson, Koch thing that seems to be acceptable at Port, they all appear to think that it's all working fine. Port have been their own worst enemy in font of goals for a long period of time, yeah you're spot on and I think it needs to be fixed and Cornes isn't the answer.

You are right but is that because we haven't had a forwards coach that is actually good at it. Chad spent most of his time at CHB. Someone like Tredrea, or my first choice Jay Schulz, just someone that had a career at FF, because atm considering we have Marshall, MG, Finlayson and Dixon, we just don't get enough return.
I'm not just having a go at Cornes, its the whole Hinkley, Cornes, Richardson, Koch thing that seems to be acceptable at Port, the all appear to think that it's all working fine. Port have been their own worst enemy in font of goals for a long period of time, yeah you're spot on and I think it needs to be fixed and Cornes isn't the answer.

Cornes played in same system as Tredrea. Cornes's dad was a good CHF.

I'm not just having a go at Cornes, its the whole Hinkley, Cornes, Richardson, Koch thing that seems to be acceptable at Port, they all appear to think that it's all working fine. Port have been their own worst enemy in font of goals for a long period of time, yeah you're spot on and I think it needs to be fixed and Cornes isn't the answer.

Isn’t bomb it long to Dixon and kick to the pockets for a stoppage a Chad coached thing ? If not, what else does he do ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Won’t be bomb it to Dixon as he is being managed. Unlikely that this was donuts decision.
It will be interesting to see how Marshall and Mitch go without soft hands in the side. Do we have an answer for who the 2nd ruck is going to be without Finlayson atm, I don't want to see another ruckman run into the ground, soldo is doing a great job but he needs help, Visentini or Sweet if available would be good.

It will be interesting to see how Marshall and Mitch go without soft hands in the side. Do we have an answer for who the 2nd ruck is going to be without Finlayson atm, I don't want to see another ruckman run into the ground, soldo is doing a great job but he needs help, Visentini or Sweet if available would be good.

And someone who doesn’t always get in the ******* way every time!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here’s the thing, when all is said and done, what are the Hinkley lovers going to remember him for?

It won’t be premierships. It won’t be Grand Finals. So what will his legacy be?
Playing a great villain in the Star Wars prequels where he was finally unmasked in Return of The Jedi. Truly touching stuff.

Didn't there use to be rumours of Chad clashing with Ken when he was magpies coach and coaching them to win rather than develop in Ken's system?

Yeah its pretty simple - win a flag and prove the culture actually works, then we will all celebrate it with you.

And therein lies the disconnect. They think the culture is already working because they're so connected, love their lives, get paid lots of money, etc. Winning a premiership would simply be the cherry on the top.

For a supporter, we aren't included in their connection, we don't really care if they love their lives, we certainly don't care if they get paid heaps (we are in fact the ones paying them out of the money we make in our real jobs). The only thing we care about is them winning the premiership.

Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if there were a few more stories like that.

For some, love is good when you get what you want but can easily flip to hate if you aren't getting what you want.

This kind of attitude has permeated into the the relationship of the club with its fans which does show you have bizarre it all is.

Theres plenty of stories that the Kenny culture is not actually true

View attachment 1963801
MFW someone finally asks me about the doggies instead of my footy hobby.

I’d love to know who actually hangs on what he says in these things lol.

I assume he dribbled some patently obvious nonsense like:

• “Charlie’s a warrior but he’s banged up”

• “Sweety’s been knocking on the door in the McGoos and gets the opportunity”

• “No bigger test than Collingwood at the G — scary! frightening! i’m touchin’ cloth, Rooch!”

Such insight. So lucky to have him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back