Opinion Sack Hinkley 10 - UnTENable

Remove this Banner Ad

Come on dude, he’s never going to concede on this. You’ll drive yourself insane waiting for it.
He's really not. He's still sore that Primus made the (probably right) decision to arrest his career. Just because Hinkley resurrected it and he was a list clogger for 3+ years he's going to shield him.

Last edited:
So I guess he's still coach as of this morning?

Never Gonna Happen GIF by Rock This Boat: New Kids On The Block

Ange’s is already under pressure in his first season at Tottenham. They are currently in 5th place in the premier league (which should mean champions league qualification next season).

Compare that to our bush league club who are happy with Ken in his 12th season without achieving anything - it’s absurd he is still employed

It’s weird.

In every other elite league when a coach exceeds initial expectations, the expectations get raised further and the pressure on the coach to keep matching that trajectory increases hand-in-hand.

In Aussie Rules a coach instantly receives a 3-5 year line of credit where only a complete collapse or personal scandal will result in his demise.

Ohhh is that Reddit again?

Are they currently in the ‘Hinkley is a tortured genius and Port Power fans are delusional’ phase,

Or the ‘you know, I actually watched Port Power last night and something I noticed is they’re not very good when it comes to F50 dominance and shots for goal’ phase?
Nah even the reddit tide has turned these days. You get the occasional mouth breather on there telling us how he saved the club but its mostly anti-ken.

Its mindblowing when you consider Bevo has been there less time, at a smaller club, with a lower H&A win %, less AAs, yet has made two grand finals and won a premiership - an efficiency rate Ken could only dream of.

Its not just Bevo either. He went after Fagan and Lyon recently whose have both made grand finals, and is similarly harsh on pretty much every other coach, even new ones.

Beyond a joke.
Leon Cameron was constantly being undermined by cornes et al and he did better than Ken and knew when to step away

Leon Cameron was constantly being undermined by cornes et al and he did better than Ken and knew when to step away
Yeah I thought Cameron was a poor coach but two things I'd say about him are:
1. He put the club first and left when it was clear he wasn't the guy
2. He made a grand final

C370B587-F329-47BE-A073-509EFEDB7552.jpeg

‘Yes, Port Adelaide lost its third straight Showdown. Yes, Connor Rozee’s hamstring is fluttering in the breeze like a b-double’s mudflap. But Robbo, how can you not love Kenny’s honesty in the moment?’

— Gerard Whateley (probably)​

Kane doubling down on his 'they don't have the talent!' defence after this game of all games is comical. Yeah sure, it's an arguable point when you lose to Melbourne or Geelong or GWS but the Crows? How ridiculous.
Yeah interesting isn't it. Especially given he said Adelaides list was the worst list he's ever seen a couple years ago.

I’m sorry, but there’s only one person who is ultimately responsible for their ability to say “Yes, after a training session I feel one hundred percent”, and that’s the player involved. The person who is ultimately responsible for selection is Hinkley and he put his hand up and said he got it wrong, but he said that he based his call on “all the information available” and part of that would have been how Rozee said he was feeling after every training session during the week.

That’s what I meant when saying he shouldn’t have put his hand up, because there’s no way he felt great after a training session if he couldn’t last half way through a game.

that's how things work in fantasy world. the players don't get any say in reality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Serious question. What would it actually take for Kane to judge Hinkley the same way he does every other Senior Coach? At what point is there an expectation of Hinkley to deliver? We are in season 12 " Remember 2012" Wore thin 7 or 8 years ago. The stats are there for everyone to see, Kane just ignores them.

Every AFL club deals with different issues with their lists or injuries or players out of form at different times. The art of Coaching actually comes into it. "Not a lot of weapons" Can Ken only be judged when he has 40 All-Australian players in his squad, all fit and healthy?

Our coach inherited a list full of list cloggers, wimps and spuds and has been there for literally 10 times less games than Hinkley yet somehow Kane despises him and is constantly on his case about where we're at like it's all his fault. His 4 premierships elsewhere are washed away with "Yeah, but what has he done lately" whereas your coach has had a strong list for several years and won precisely jack all. It's like he doesn't know which one is Ken and which one is Clarko. Which is odd as he was coached by both.

I think my mistake is that I listen to someone with zero integrity in the first place.

We'll probably play ok-ish against Geelong and lose by an 'acceptable' margin & on we roll with Uncle Fester forever.
No pressure and absolutely no expectations. He'll roll over in the pre-match and we'll only lose by an "acceptable" 20-30 points. These are precisely the games we motivate ourselves for, the dead rubbers.

I know its a meme about declaring kenny finished, but the rozee thing could be the straw. Something as glaring as this in a standalone big game is getting a shittone if traction.
A Thursday standalone game in which we have capitulated is helpful because we've got media attention and the media doesn't have much else to talk about. Though they'll move to "Carlton are premiership favourites" or "Collingwood are back" as of tonight, we've got that standalone Friday game in which we are going to get belted next week so hopefully the pressure keeps coming.

After that he'll be able to hideaway with easy kill wins to Hawks and North though. But thankfully we then bob up for another primetime Thursday s**t show.

If it's genuinely going to happen it happens in the next month. I have no faith it will though

Imagine if playing an injured Rozee is what costs him the job.

We're fine with consistently poor performances in big games. We're fine with no accountability. We're fine with attempting to hold the club to ransom. We're fine with all those other played injured players.

But this one. Nup.

A Thursday standalone game in which we have capitulated is helpful because we've got media attention and the media doesn't have much else to talk about. Though they'll move to "Carlton are premiership favourites" or "Collingwood are back" as of tonight, we've got that standalone Friday game in which we are going to get belted next week so hopefully the pressure keeps coming.

After that he'll be able to hideaway with easy kill wins to Hawks and North though. But thankfully we then bob up for another primetime Thursday s**t show.

If it's genuinely going to happen it happens in the next month. I have no faith it will though
The inevitable Geelong loss unless it's in the order of 10+ goals will be expected. Lose to the Hawks or Roos, that's another matter entirely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back