Opinion Sack Hinkley 3 - 2021 is worse than 2020 already

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sad thing is the club is not listening and they are using our membership money to slap us in the face. Sadly as long as we all keep coughing up they think it's all good.

It is so disappointing the the club almost holds paying members to ransom, if you relinquish your membership you are hurting the club. I am not one for throwing cash down the dunny but that's what it feels like now.

My wife asks why I keep paying every year, if the club has moved away from the traditions and ideals that got me involved and inspired me 40 years ago.

Last edited:
We've lost four finals under Hinkley. All were by less than two goals. That's an insane record.

We are talented enough, if we weren't we wouldn't have gotten close in any of those games, but as a collective we don't know how to win. That's on the coach.

Happened to hear KG say something yesterday similar too ‘they just can’t get to the next level’ - I though that’s dead right.

Ken is a middle of the rd top 8 coach, and the club is happy with that.

So when Ken replied to Ricci’s question a about having to prove ourselves against Geelong the other night to prove ourselves against a top 8 team, worthy of finals etc with ‘no - there are 22 rounds to qualify for finals’ - he’s basically protective himself by saying that, protecting his job.

Why not answer the question ‘you’d think so as we won’t be playing bottom 8 teams in finals’ - Now even if we don’t win at least that’s the right attitude yeah?

Ken is so self preserving it’s not funny.

If, as it is likely, that we fail to make the gf this year, the club will reason it to be the injuries, not Hinkley. He's got an excuse. He's comfortable again. The club - Hinkley era will have either of two endings. Our reputation will either be restored with a flag or it will be forever embarrassed by having the longest serving Australia wide sporting coach without success. The club is pushing this relationship to the limit and is almost there.

I can't believe how no criticism and ridicule has come our way for finishing minor premiers and not making the gf. Not even from within. It's the third time in our afl history. I don't care who our opponent was that stopped us. It is a massive embarrassment. We stuffed an opportunity for success and there's no angst about it. It's excused. That's not Port's ethos.

4 minor premierships for 1 GF appearance?

No worries, it's a tough competition and someone has to repeatedly lose home finals.
There are excellent football posters on this board and i enjoy their analysis and comments and sorce of information. Then their are a relatively small hard core of posters who………
this one is a moderator = moderation
change or resign

.... but how many years of mediocrity do we need to suffer at the hands of Ken before we realise he is a good coach but not a great coach, and not the coach we need.
But I'll correct one thing. I've never said Hinkley is crap. I've always maintained he is a good coach, he just isn't a great coach and won't ever get us the ultimate results.
and at this early stage I'd predict us to finish 5-10 after next year's minor round.

Hinkley says the teams good, but not great.

I've been saying for many years that he is a good not great coach. No surprise we're a reflection on him.

Last edited:
We’ve now got a generation of Port Power Supporters that don’t understand or in anyway grasp what it was about the Port Adelaide Football Club that makes us the only “expansion” club that has a history. The only suburban club since 1925 to join the V/AFL.

Port Adelaide Supporters - “We demand success”

Port Adelaide Power Supporters - “We have to wait our turn because that’s what the club told us”
Try saying that to John Cahill. Jack always demanded success NOW, and anything less than a premiership was abject failure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If, as it is likely, that we fail to make the gf this year, the club will reason it to be the injuries, not Hinkley. He's got an excuse. He's comfortable again. The club - Hinkley era will have either of two endings. Our reputation will either be restored with a flag or it will be forever embarrassed by having the longest serving Australia wide sporting coach without success. The club is pushing this relationship to the limit and is almost there.

I can't believe how no criticism and ridicule has come our way for finishing minor premiers and not making the gf. Not even from within. It's the third time in our afl history. I don't care who our opponent was that stopped us. It is a massive embarrassment. We stuffed an opportunity for success and there's no angst about it. It's excused. That's not Port's ethos.
If any coach ever had an excuse it was Buckley, Eddie with foot in mouth, shite football management, drafting and injuries galore.

Ah but Ken the used car salesman survives.

Last edited:
There are excellent football posters on this board and i enjoy their analysis and comments and sorce of information. Then their are a relatively small hard core of posters who………
this one is a moderator = moderation
change or resign

Relax man. Clearly I'm a long way down the list of insightful football analysts on this board but that's not really the job of the moderator. Most of us are just here to celebrate after wins, vent after losses and speak s**t with strangers about a silly, meaningless game. Lighten up and enjoy life.

Relax man. Clearly I'm a long way down the list of insightful football analysts on this board but that's not really the job of the moderator. Most of us are just here to celebrate after wins, vent after losses and speak sh*t with strangers about a silly, meaningless game. Lighten up and enjoy life.

You are a better man than I teeks.

I took a Sack Hinkley banner to a game in 2018.

I now understand that that was the footy equivalent of taking a My Little Pony body pillow to the shops.

Offline normies wouldn't understand
Thats the thing, if you poll the supporter base tomorrow you would have about 75% who love the coach, and that goes up to 90% after we beat GC next week.

All you can really do is post memes on the internet until he decides to leave.

Thats the thing, if you poll the supporter base tomorrow you would have about 75% who love the coach, and that goes up to 90% after we beat GC next week.

All you can really do is post memes on the internet until he decides to leave.
And if you poll the posters on this forum it is 75% who want to sack the coach and that goes up to 90% after we beat GC by less than 5 goals next week

And if you poll the posters on this forum it is 75% who want to sack the coach and that goes up to 90% after we beat GC by less than 5 goals next week

What will the percentages look like if we lose to the mighty Suns?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back