Opinion Sack Hinkley 3 - 2021 is worse than 2020 already

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Re-sign this Ken Hinkley fella asap.

I love how this guy is the ringing endorsement for exactly why he should be sacked.

In short, always do the opposite of what old mate 'Daza' says. The George Costanza of the PAFC bigfootball board.

I doubt that Hinkley is seen by the players as one of the boys, but I have no doubt they mostly like him as a bloke.

They don't believe in him as a coach though, not in their heart of hearts. We've turned over most of our list but we haven't really bought in as a side since the first half of 2014 when he drummed into them that we would never, ever give up. He's lost his edge and the players don't respect him and they don't play for him. The strategic mistakes are a huge part of it, but even if he got the strategy right, the players just don't believe in him anymore.

This ken Hinkley fella.. I been thinking and I reckon he's not a very good and we should sack him

Now now let's not be too hasty. Have you forgotten how bad we were in 2012? I reckon we give Ken two or three more decades to work out the kinks.

That's right. Gerard Healy signed off his interview with Hinkley on On the Couch this week with "Ken, you're doing a great job" 🤪
That's because the Vic media set the limits on we are able to achieve based on their perception we are a small, struggling, "have not" club like the Bulldogs or North Melbourne. If Hinkley had coached a Big 4 Vic club to 9 years of mediocrity Healy would have the knives out.

I think we should give Alan Richardson the keys to Alberton he has gone through so much at the saints and he has done so much for port prior.He does not give up ever.Mentally he has been smashed and I think it would be great for him to come back to port where the media isn’t so big as Melbourne of course.And he has that if you can’t kick you can’t play footy attitude we need more simple footy like that again.Also B.Lade once’s he is done doing his stint at the saints.By that time J. Schofield should be pushing up the order more.And we need to give S.Thompson a more senior roll. Get J.Schulz involved in the forward department now then we talk to choco to see if he could come back and over see the management of football in 2-3 years what your thoughts on this guys ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we should give Alan Richardson the keys to Alberton he has gone through so much at the saints and he has done so much for port prior.He does not give up ever.Mentally he has been smashed and I think it would be great for him to come back to port where the media isn’t so big as Melbourne of course.And he has that if you can’t kick you can’t play footy attitude we need more simple footy like that again.Also B.Lade once’s he is done doing his stint at the saints.By that time J. Schofield should be pushing up the order more.And we need to give S.Thompson a more senior roll. Get J.Schulz involved in the forward department now then we talk to choco to see if he could come back and over see the management of football in 2-3 years what your thoughts on this guys ?

You might be looking for this :)

So you're saying that there is no shortage of people who could do a better job than Hinkley and that he definitely should be sacked.

Not on iPhone

It’s tough to be sinking the boots in to our coach, it is almost A role designed for a very small percentage of individuals who can deal with the bashing they get.
My big thing on Hinkley is his playbook is the same as when he coached in country football. He has no growth mindset, is not a learner and is not progressive. My guess is from what i know is he is also not a hard worker.
These attributes mean that you have 2-3 years max before you are found out. He was and is exposed which is really hard to witness.
I am sure he is trying to put on a brave face but the guy would not have read a book (is my bet) in the past decade. Clarko has a MBA and devours learning and development.
Tough times

It woudlnt surprise me one bit if we got beaten by the Crows, it would be so Ken Hinkley to do so, surly that would be the end of him if that were the case? I mean how many time can you polish a turd?
It would be such a typical Hinkley thing to come out and lose that game, especially if we are wearing the Prison Bars.

If we are even remotely serious about having a good year this year we win this game rather well.

It woudlnt surprise me one bit if we got beaten by the Crows, it would be so Ken Hinkley to do so, surly that would be the end of him if that were the case? I mean how many time can you polish a turd?
There's no way Hinkley will be sacked in round 2 after yet another Showdown loss.

Just remember someone has to lose.

If this performance is the result of the players loving and backing Hinkley, then what happens when they start disliking him?

Power great Kane Cornes believes Port Adelaide’s embarrassing 86-point loss to North Melbourne on Saturday night was the club’s worst performance since they were smashed by 119 points against Geelong in the 2007 Grand Final.
Ken Hinkley’s side could have all but secured a top eight spot on Saturday night if they beat the Kangaroos. But instead, they were annihilated at Marvel Stadium.

Port Adelaide started the game in eighth spot, level on points but six per cent above Adelaide, after the Crows were touched up by Collingwood earlier on Saturday.
But instead of putting some breathing room between themselves and the chasing pack at the bottom of the top eight, Port Adelaide lost six per cent and tumbled out of the eight.
“I can’t remember a more disappointing day since Port Adelaide lost the 2007 premiership, to be honest. That was how bad this performance was,” Cornes said on the Sunday Footy Show.
“When you consider the context of the season; you are in eighth spot; you’ve just got to turn up and they get pantsed like that by 86 points. It was a really disappointing performance.

“That was a disgraceful, pathetic performance from Port Adelaide.”
North Melbourne dominated Port Adelaide across every facet of the game on Saturday night.
They amassed 207 more disposals, 51 more contested possessions, 22 more inside 50s and 21 more clearances.
Kangaroos star Ben Brown went from six goals behind Greater Western Sydney star Jeremy Cameron to four goals in front in the Coleman Medal after slotting a career best 10 goals to take him to 62 for the season.

“Look at the entries going in. No wonder Ben Brown has a career best day,” Cornes said.

Sack Hinkley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back