Opinion Sack Hinkley 3 - 2021 is worse than 2020 already

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barry Curtin is a stereotypical boomer apricot slice eating lovely boys defending Crows fan that somehow found his way to the wrong club.
Barry Curtin was on social media parroting about the Crows 10 minutes after we lost. It like just stfu you idiot who cares we were just embarrassed on national TV. I don't care if he's not getting paid at all, the club need to send him packing with Hinkley.

I don't post here so much any more because life is pretty busy. I don't watch AFL much any more for essentially the same reason. I always used to find time to watch Port, because I love my club, but I've only watched 2 full games this season, not because I'm too busy, but because I cannot tolerate what our club has become under the current leadership. Hinkley cannot coach. Call me a hater.

I'm no longer a member or season ticket holder and refuse to be one while he's at the club. We are top, and I don't even care because I know we will fail when it matters- Friday night being another of many, many examples.

I'm involved in coaching at a senior level, and I coach a very successful club. When I can be bothered to watch Port, I shake my head at how tactically inept Hinkley is, in every way. Scott ran rings around him on Friday night. The solutions were so basic, but Ken is an idiot.

Some free tips, Ken:
  1. Never play Hawkins from in front
  2. Let Geelong's half-forwards go up the ground. They will get touches, but cover the lanes to Hawkins. In short, don't allow him to be 1v1.
  3. Geelong will always defend the centre-corridor. You break that down with decisive forward angled handballs. In short, run through it. Other option is to hug the boundary with short kicks to drag their zone wide then come back inside.
  4. If Geelong are getting on top in the midfield, sit an extra in front of Hawkins
  5. GET OUR FORWARDS TO ISOLATE SO THEY CAN'T TRIPLE TEAM DIXON
TL;DR- Sack Hinkley

Last edited:
I don't post here so much any more because life is pretty busy. I don't watch AFL much any more for essentially the same reason. I always used to find time to watch Port, because I love my club, but I've only watched 2 full games this season, not because I'm too busy, but because I cannot tolerate what our club has become under the current leadership. Hinkley cannot coach. Call me a hater.

I'm no longer a member or season ticket holder and refuse to be one while he's at the club. We are top, and I don't even care because I know we will fail when it matters- Friday night being another of many, many examples.

I'm involved in coaching at a senior level, and I coach a very successful club. When I can be bothered to watch Port, I shake my head at how tactically inept Hinkley is, in every way. Scott ran rings around him on Friday night. The solutions were so basic, but Ken is an idiot.

Some free tips, Ken:
  2. Let Geelong's half-forwards go up the ground. They will get touches, but cover the lanes to Hawkins. In short, don't allow him to be 1v1.
  3. Geelong will always defend the centre-corridor. You break that down with decisive forward angled handballs. In short, run through it. Other option is to hug the boundary with short kicks to drag their zone wide then come back inside.
  4. If Geelong are getting on top in the midfield, sit an extra in front of Hawkins
TL;DR- Sack Hinkley
I agree with most of your points but...
Jumping off Port financially because of the coach.
It sends no useful message It just weakens our club even more when it needs us most and when it has done most things right of late.

This will mean more pain going forward.
Look at Crows with their new coach.

Some free tips, Ken:
TL;DR- Sack Hinkley

Fair calls but would have like you to have done this kind of post after the richmond game.

Apparently the club had planned to have drinks for the players and coaches on Saturday, which still went ahead despite Friday's result.

Shocking look. Would any of our previous coaches allowed that? Would Clarkson, Scott?

Players love Hinkley because he's soft as butter. They can get away with outrageous efforts like that against Geelong and it's just an 'off night'.

Some free tips, Ken:
TL;DR- Sack Hinkley

Agreed, Scott absolutely destroyed kern in the coaching box, all of the points you make are basic coaching moves that should be 2nd nature to any coach, and while they might not have changed the result they should at least have limited the carnage.

Allowing Hawkins that much space to work in against a much smaller player while at the other end Dixon was expected to take pack marks against multiple opponents set the tone for the game very early and we never recovered.

Apparently the club had planned to have drinks for the players and coaches on Saturday, which still went ahead despite Friday's result.

Shocking look. Would any of our previous coaches allowed that? Would Clarkson, Scott?

Players love Hinkley because he's soft as butter. They can get away with outrageous efforts like that against Geelong and it's just an 'off night'.

I have no issue with this. Sometimes a circuit breaker does more good psychologically for the team than a hard training session. That goes double for this crazy season.

I have no issue with this. Sometimes a circuit breaker does more good psychologically for the team than a hard training session. That goes double for this crazy season.

Agree in general but when we've got a long history of being mentally soft with a coach all the players "love" it just smacks of zero accountability.

Fair calls but would have like you to have done this kind of post after the richmond game.
I didn't watch the Richmond game, but feel free to check my post history, where it should be clear that I've been saying the same things about Ken and his coaching for years.

Ken Hinkley, professional footballer with 304 games played and coached at AFL level. Zero premierships.

Mr Plow, amateur armchair expert with 0 games played and coached at any level. Zero premierships.

Notwithstanding I’ve had no professional involvement with the AFL, I’m as successful as Hinkley.

Sack the man.

I agree with most of your points but...
Jumping off Port financially because of the coach.
It sends no useful message It just weakens our club even more when it needs us most and when it has done most things right of late.

This will mean more pain going forward.
Look at Crows with their new coach.
I accept your point of view. To be fair, it's not solely because of the coach. It's as much to do with the Chairman, CEO and Board. I'll add, declining memberships is about the only message a supporter can send these days. Finally, not renewing my membership wasn't my first action, it was my final action after emailing leaders at the club, expressing my concerns, and being less that reassured after receiving a response.

I want nothing more than to love my club again.

Ken Hinkley, professional footballer with 304 games played and coached at AFL level. Zero premierships.

Mr Plow, amateur armchair expert with 0 games played and coached at any level. Zero premierships.

Notwithstanding I’ve had no professional involvement with the AFL, I’m as successful as Hinkley.

Sack the man.
Bell Park, mate. Bell Park.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I accept your point of view. To be fair, it's not solely because of the coach. It's as much to do with the Chairman, CEO and Board. I'll add, declining memberships is about the only message a supporter can send these days. Finally, not renewing my membership wasn't my first action, it was my final action after emailing leaders at the club, expressing my concerns, and being less that reassured after receiving a response.

I want nothing more than to love my club again.
I dunno. I recon that petition that whatsisname got up sent a message.
The club has mentioned it at times.
I will Continue to support the club financially.
If not, how do we afford good things going forward?
I see myself as being part of the solution.

Sack the man.

Statistically in an 18 team comp you should get one every 18 years. Ken played in 16 or 15 team comp. Let's say 20 games a year X 16 = 320.

By sheer fluke and weight of numbers, ken should have a premiership by now, if he was at least average.

In a normal year I'd agree with you 100%. There have been too many instance in recent times where insipid losses have been shrugged off (North last year, anyone?)

However this year is just, well, unprecedented 😋, and I think this instance the Club made the right call. I'd hate any of our players/staff to feel isolated or have any kind of mental health issues relating to the way the season has had to be run.

Barry Curtin was on social media parroting about the Crows 10 minutes after we lost. It like just stfu you idiot who cares we were just embarrassed on national TV. I don't care if he's not getting paid at all, the club need to send him packing with Hinkley.

Imagine being listed as a "consultant" on the club website, and being free to post that sort of ******* trash all over social media without losing your job.

Capture.PNG

Is funny that the stats back up what a shower of s**t this coach is but we still get, 'but where were you when we beat team xxx'. I always remember that old saying, that even the sun shines on a dogs balls. Well Ken is the KING of wins like that and yet still being a dog licking its own balls come seasons end.

Kens problem always has been that we either need to hugely out-talent an opposition or hugely out-effort them. If we are even on those we lose. If we are slightly off we get flogged. Even on talent if we out-effort we generally just scrape over the line.

it is why we can’t consistently win big games. As soon as we become a scalp the good teams just blow by our try harder philosophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back