Opinion Sack Hinkley 5 - Lower The Blinds

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gerard Healy during the commentary today just before the 3rd quarter started, and I quote: "I think he's been sensational this year, Ken Hinkley. Faced a 0-5 start, after every loss he just was positive, sold the message and they got themselves back in the hunt. Even facing adversity here he's looking positively. 'Get yourselves in front, we've lost a couple but there's a way forward.' Ken Hinkley has shown the way, and they will be feeding off his enthusiasm."

I don't think I've ever heard so much praise for a coach who was expected to lead their team to a grand final this year, all the while delivering a team who in all likelihood isn't even going to make the eight. It's staggering. Absolutely staggering.

Gerard Healy during the commentary today just before the 3rd quarter started, and I quote: "I think he's been sensational this year, Ken Hinkley. Faced a 0-5 start, after every loss he just was positive, sold the message and they got themselves back in the hunt. Even facing adversity here he's looking positively. 'Get yourselves in front, we've lost a couple but there's a way forward.' Ken Hinkley has shown the way, and they will be feeding off his enthusiasm."

I don't think I've ever heard so much praise for a coach who was expected to lead their team to a grand final this year, all the while delivering a team who in all likelihood isn't even going to make the eight. It's staggering. Absolutely staggering.
This advertisment bought to you by the PAFC brownshirts.

Music to GWS ears.

Faced an 0-5 start for which he wasn't responsible then stepped in to a dire situation and led the team superbly for the next 8 games (noting he wasn't responsible for the Geelong and Richmond games either).

Ken is the real world equivalent of Janus smugly bragging endlessly about the 10% of times he gets it right and ignoring the 90% of times he gets it wrong.
Nah, if Ken was Janus he'd be saying things like "playing finals is overrated " and "we can win a flag without making finals"

... oh wait.

It was sending me nuts. My highlight though was Jordan Lewis response when they had just all been having a group orgy over Port beating a rebuilding mid table Sydney like we were dismantling peak Hawthorn threepeat team and seeing the live ladder. Realising live we were still 12th and two games out the 8 and then trying to explain that away lol. I just find it bizarre everyone in the media is so positive and I think due to Gerard kicking off the lovefest and the lack of heat on ken, they hear each other praise him and genuinely think we are like % out the 8 or something at the mid season break then reality hit at the live ladder lol.

It was sending me nuts. My highlight though was Jordan Lewis response when they had just all been having a group orgy over Port beating a rebuilding mid table Sydney like we were dismantling peak Hawthorn threepeat team and seeing the live ladder. Realising live we were still 12th and two games out the 8 and then trying to explain that away lol. I just find it bizarre everyone in the media is so positive and I think due to Gerard kicking off the lovefest and the lack of heat on ken, they hear each other praise him and genuinely think we are like % out the 8 or something at the mid season break then reality hit at the live ladder lol.
My favourite was Dwayne announcing we were back as contenders, then quickly changing it to contenders for finals :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what irkes me the most with Ken is that he's burning his 4th list turn over, you can bet your bottom dollar that Ken would already have got himself another job if the list was on the way out. We all know the ending and it will be everyone down at the club patting themselves on the bat for the triumpant reign of Ken that was terribly unlucky to not get the cup.

The two things I'm waiting on:
1. A coach appointed by our board, not by the AFL
2. Our board to tell the AFL to shove it up their jumper we will wear what we want

Unfortunately I don't see either ever happening.
Caught the last quarter on the radio yesterday, didn't see any of the game on TV.
Would have watched the last quarter on TV if live, but supporters < $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Will read the odd post here but I'm out of the habit of caring about football.

Ken is a symptom, but the problem is much bigger.

If we come home with a wet sail will the club for for it all again and give him another 2 years? he's had his chances and hasn't cut it at the pointy end, how many bones do you keep throwing this bloke?

He has a habit of keeping the wolves at the door for weeks of rubbish football but after once good goame he looks like the master again.

He reminds me 100% of Scott Morrison.

You can judge me on today's game.
The incredible thing he seems to miss is that a game like yesterday is absolutely damning on the coaches.

Because it shows without any shadow of a doubt we have a list that should be at a minimum solidly in the 8, yet due to massively underperforming we sit as rank outsiders on 6-7.

Very different to a side like Norf for example where the cattle simply arent there and expectations must be tempered.

Honestly I agree with Ken on this one.

And its not really about even people on here, but the amount of Facebook nuffies that tried to blame everything under the sun on Marshall. You back in high ceiling young KPFs because you retain structure and eventually they deliver. His management of Todd is one of his few genuine achievements at Port.

I agree, I also think you back in high ceiling ruckman

Honestly, yesterday made me want to sack him more than any other game this year. Every other game we've looked anything from ghastly to average, no better. Yesterday we actually looked good. So you ask yourself why we've waited 3 months to see some sign of life and realise that's just how long this dickhead took to extract a solitary good performance from the group that he claimed would win the premiership pre season. Sack him.

The incredible thing he seems to miss is that a game like yesterday is absolutely damning on the coaches.

Because it shows without any shadow of a doubt we have a list that should be at a minimum solidly in the 8, yet due to massively underperforming we sit as rank outsiders on 6-7.

Very different to a side like Norf for example where the cattle simply arent there and expectations must be tempered.

It's not his fault we were 0-5. He wasn't really there for the first month. He came in and has saved the club to go 6-2. Very brilliant mind were dealing with here.

Honestly, yesterday made me want to sack him more than any other game this year. Every other game we've looked anything from ghastly to average, no better. Yesterday we actually looked good. So you ask yourself why we've waited 3 months to see some sign of life and realise that's just how long this dickhead took to extract a solitary good performance from the group that he claimed would win the premiership pre season. Sack him.

The happy clappers and media had actually begun claiming the players weren't any good... Poor ken didn't have the cattle.

When we literally have the reigning brownlow medallist, a slew of young high draft picks entering their primes, an all Australian CHB.. etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back