Opinion Sack Hinkley 9 - I Am Become Donuts, Destroyer Of Ports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol but seriously, anyone reading through this thread would say this is a bastion of the lunatic fringe.

Sure there is reference to his record and rational discussion, but it is severely punctuated by so many examples of people who can't handle the idea of him being extended posting irrational incandescently outraged commentary around greyhound killing, his family, the media illuminati, wishing him all manner of personal misfortune, burn the club to the ground yada yada.

You can hardly hold this up as the pinnacle of dispassionate discourse about Hinkley's future.
Yeah but Whateley isn’t basing his thoughts on this thread - and if he is that’s on him. This is an online football thread ffs, I’d be disappointed if it wasn’t inclusive of crackpots and people that should maybe be put on a list. It’s amusing and something to smirk at after a decade of pus.

There are a multitude of callers on SENSA every morning and afternoon, and sporadically throughout Dwayne’s World that make fantastic points packed full of passion and analytics to prove their point. Whateley talks to David King nearly daily who is very anti Hinkley.

Whateley says this stuff to be openly nasty, knowing that there is no port Adelaide contingent really listening to his show to pull him up on it. He did the same on 360 a few months ago. You won’t see him throwing his weight around like this when it regards a Victorian club.

You can’t seriously expect that.
There’s only ever going to be two ways this is going.
Either Ken’s gone or he gets at least 2 years.
I’m honestly shocked you would believe there was ever a succession plan.
That’s kids fairytale stuff
Yep. Koch et al don't see things the way most of us in this thread do.

I'm not blaming anyone, I'm just saying this is not the realm of total philosophical reason.
In all honesty Ford, you would find the majority of over the top comments directed at Ken on this forum are said purely in jest. Wankly on the other hand, used a broad brush to defame anyone who believes Ken’s tenure at Port has come to an end. I thought it was an overly bizarre comment to make on air, given our decade long lack of success under Ken’s guidance.

Disastrous. What a hopeless situation. All I ask to re-sign next year is for the club to throw us the slightest bone of a succession plan, and they can't even do that.

Revenge Of The Sith Evil Laugh GIF by Star Wars

It will be a straight 3 year extension with no mention of a succession plan. Anytime something looks like the club might make the right or less wrong decision just assume they won't and the rumour is bullshit. The club is run by frauds and cowards and that will continue until Ken and Koch decide on their own terms to retire. The club is a lost cause.

100%.

We all know what’s going to happen.

Just like the 2017 extension.

Just like Gerard’s “calm your farm” rant at the end of 2019.

Just like the ‘sneak this through in summer’ extension in early 2021.

We’ll be sat here in a little over 2 years’ time with nothing to show for the faith invested him, and every one of our precious finite assets will be that much closer to the end.

Except Kenny™ will have well and truly superseded Terry Wallace and Bill Stephen to cement himself as numero uno in the annals of futility.
I wont be, I only got through half of the GWS game then flicked over to YouTube, all my merch is gone packed away. I will not torment myself any more, when he's gone then I will see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm collecting names for my Traditional Port Values Supporters group.

The White Noise
The Lunatic Fringe
The Lack Of Intelligence

Any more?

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The Penniless kennyless

The Anti kentites

Or maybe as they deem us........................................

The Slum Dwellers

We saw Ken react aggressively to the suggestion a succession plan was in place on national TV. Imagine how brash he would be behind closed doors if made to address the suggestion. It’s not happening but I still hold out hope this might be a sign he’s uneasy and nothing is guaranteed even at this stage.

If this is happening, and it looks like it is, just give him 3 or 4 years and be done with it. No shades of grey and false hope to try and keep people clinging onto their memberships for one more year in the hope he'll be gone, just rip the band-aid off and go all out so we can cut ourselves loose of the club once and for all. No fence sitting, it's either Hinkley, or it's Carr, with no in-between.

We saw Ken react aggressively to the suggestion a succession plan was in place on national TV. Imagine how brash he would be behind closed doors if made to address the suggestion. It’s not happening but I still hold out hope this might be a sign he’s uneasy and nothing is guaranteed even at this stage.
You can only hope he could go completely over the top and some people might think do we want to put up with more of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back