Preview Saints v Lions - 1:10 on Sunday @ Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the first question is - Can Sam Fisher be the only player in AFL history to have a one week hamstring injury? Given its a squad named tonight is suspect he will be named to give him a chance.

Next question - Do they bother with Hickey even if he is OK or just give him an extra week off given his work load for the year and give Holmes another run?

Next question - Do we have a debutante in Sunday? (probably White but possibly Coughlan if Fisher not fit)

Final question - Is Cam Shenton

best-toaster-oven-550x264.jpg

Yes
No
Yes
Yes

So bringing in a player who's been averaging 3 goals a game for the last 7 weeks will cost us the game?????????????

It's pretty clear he's not gonna be at the club next year, why play him this week in a game that's perfect to blood some younger players?

Will be sad watching if Chip gets up and calls it a day. Seems as though Sammy doesn't get enough credit for how good he was at his peak, was instrumental to our side during the peak years 09-10. Bloke had 42 touches rebounding in a final, freak. Unfairly has had to play on much bigger opponents since then but to his credit has performed admirably and from an outsiders view, never complained or had attitude problems. One of my favourite Saints, and if he does in fact retire I hope the boys send him off in style.

Will be sad watching if Chip gets up and calls it a day. Seems as though Sammy doesn't get enough credit for how good he was at his peak, was instrumental to our side during the peak years 09-10. Bloke had 42 touches rebounding in a final, freak. Unfairly has had to play on much bigger opponents since then but to his credit has performed admirably and from an outsiders view, never complained or had attitude problems. One of my favourite Saints, and if he does in fact retire I hope the boys send him off in style.
He really was underrated most of his career. Was in the top 10, if not top 5 defenders in the league during his best years.

He really was underrated most of his career. Was in the top 10, if not top 5 defenders in the league during his best years.

Was definitely top 5 around '09 '10. He was an exceptional player in his day.

B: S. Dempster, S. Fisher, J. Geary
HB: D. Roberton, S. Gilbert, B. White
C: L. Montagna, D. Armitage, J. Newnes
HF: M. Weller, N. Riewoldt, N. Wright
F: T. Membrey, J. Bruce, J. Billings
R: J. Holmes, S. Ross, J. Steven
Interchange from: S. Savage, B. Acres, J. Lonie, J. Gresham, D. McKenzie, J. Sinclair, L. Pierce

IN: S. Fisher, L. Pierce, B. White, J. Sinclair
OUT: P. McCartin (broken collarbone)

NEW: B. White

Milestone: D. Armitage – 150 games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really pleased with that team. Love the inclusion of white straight onto the back flank. Who misses out from that bench though?

I assume Sinclair and Pierce are emergencies but who is the unlucky one out of Lonie and D Mac? Can't see Sav, Acres or Fresh missing. Hopefully Lonie as I thought D Mac had another great game. Bit stiff for Lonie to be dropped after one game twice this year though.

Love that Fish got up. I hope we treat Fish well though after seeing all that crap over at North this week. Fish is a saints legend and has been our most reliable back for a long time. Rookie him if need be, but don't toss him to the wolves if he's not ready to quit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back