Schofield hit on Oliver

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I dunno about that. Not saying you're wrong but it doesn't necessarily follow.

If Oliver had appeared and said the 'strike' was hard enough to hurt, it would have made little difference to the MRP's grading.

It was graded on the 3 factors: intentional (arguable both ways but I'd lean towards agreeing based on footage), high (established) and low impact (established)

Technically the MRP 'got it correct' which says volumes about the grading system and none of it good. The Tribunal has greater discretion and clearly used it.

If Oliver said that he had a sore jaw as a result of Schofield's elbow then if the jury believed his testimony Schofield would've lost the appeal. The jury ruled on the point of insufficient force, as argued by the QC, and obviously was of the view that there was insufficient force. Oliver being injured would help disprove that.

The MRP have just proved they are not guilty of being inconsistent, but bang to rights for blatant corruption

Obviously after letting Houli walk with only 2 weeks ( desperately need a big crowd at the G on GF day to face the 15,000 travelling plastics )

There was no way they could ping Schofield 3 weeks for a glancing elbow.

Imagine the outrage

With this result everyone just laughs, good result all round

I am sure I saw Ray Donovan walk out the back door of the tribunal building, handing over an envelope to gilbert

In other words calling it a Medical Report is giving way too much weight. Maybe it should be called a doctor's sick note in this sort of situation.
All medical reports have to take the word of the patient into account. It's one of the main ways of initial reports of concussion.
It's why the report is looked at as a whole and not just based on patients word

If Oliver said that he had a sore jaw as a result of Schofield's elbow then if the jury believed his testimony Schofield would've lost the appeal. The jury ruled on the point of insufficient force, as argued by the QC, and obviously was of the view that there was insufficient force. Oliver being injured would help disprove that.

The jury could have ruled 'insufficent force' based on insufficient evidence but whether Oliver giving evidence 'would' have changed that rather than 'might' have changed that is pure conjecture

Damien_Martyn_HIT.jpg

tenor.gif

But the doctor can't be sure about the truth of what Oliver said besides trusting his patient.

That comes down to the doctor's experience and expertise. If the symptoms were at odds with the statement, the doctor would have to say so. If the symptoms matched the statement, that would give the doctor grounds for offering that opinion. An opinion that would indeed be valid evidence.

All medical reports have to take the word of the patient into account. It's one of the main ways of initial reports of concussion.
It's why the report is looked at as a whole and not just based on patients word

But in a case of concussion there is the concussion test to help make a diagnosis. How many dodgy sick notes have been produced over the years based purely on "I feel sick" or "my head hurts". Not worth the paper it is written on.

The buttthurt of eagles fans in here is enjoyable. I didn't care if Schofield gets suspended or not- we played eagles with him in the team, and still beat them.
Enjoy travelling all the way across Aus without half your team hahaha (oh wait, we just did that and beat you flogs!)

Of course it's only Eagles fans that have been in this thread. Our shitness is irrelevant to this discussion.

But in a case of concussion there is the concussion test to help make a diagnosis. How many dodgy sick notes have been produced over the years based purely on "I feel sick" or "my head hurts". Not worth the paper it is written on.
Yeah but that has no relevance here. As I said you look at the whole report. Not just what the patient claimed. No follow up treatment, no injury, patient claims some pain. Paints a pretty obvious picture.
Most of the concussion test is asking players questions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The buttthurt of eagles fans in here is enjoyable. I didn't care if Schofield gets suspended or not- we played eagles with him in the team, and still beat them.
Enjoy travelling all the way across Aus without half your team hahaha (oh wait, we just did that and beat you flogs!)
Haha thread is purely about Oliver being shown up as a diver and now repeat stager.

Not a good label to carry for a 19 year old, and people don't forget these things.

Oliver will be called out on this for years. Should have owned up to the dive instead went through with the charades. Hilarious

Sent from my SM-A300Y using Tapatalk

Yeah but that has no relevance here. As I said you look at the whole report. Not just what the patient claimed. No follow up treatment, no injury, patient claims some pain. Paints a pretty obvious picture.
Most of the concussion test is asking players questions

Although that is comparing the result to a baseline.

Although that is comparing the result to a baseline.
And the word of Oliver should've been compared to the rest of the report (no injury and no treatment). There is no issue with the medical reports.

Opinion evidence is hearsay and is allowed under those circumstances
Part right. The rule against hearsay and opinion evidence are different evidential beasts. One uses what someone said to prove the truth of the matter heard, the other uses what a witness thinks as proof of the truth of the matter opined.

The uniform evidence rules allow hearsay to prove the state of a persons health. Wood could have adduced that evidence without having to bring the doctor in as an expert if he wanted to go down that road.

Re opinion evidence, Oliver could (if called) have said e.g. 'my jaw hurt after the game' but he could not have said 'my jaw hurt after the game I think it Schofield damaged it'.

Anyway I'm out. Thank Chief, the most stable genius, sanity prevailed.

Last time you did that Social Media wasn't invented....

laugh 2.gif

For me the phunny bit is how many people in here actually drank the kool aid when the AFL and MRP said they were gonna get tuff on diving.......lol....sif. #afllogic

Remove this Banner Ad

Back