SFNL Div 3 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Break out the tissues!

Dingley were on our knees when we joined Southern. We had just gone through a winless season in the Casey Cardinia and times were tough.

Don't forget that we are surrounded by clubs that include Noble Park, Keysborough, Springvale, Heatherton, Mordialloc, Edi As, Chelsea, Chelsea Heights, Old Haileybury, Old Mentone plus many more. Attracting players is tough, luckily our club had the foresight, and the willing people to concentrate on promoting our juniors!

Time for you and your club to build a compelling argument to entice the players to you, or you can sit back and watch with envy Dingley continue to dominate!

Have the greatest respect for Dingley and for what they have achieved. A great club. But it is bit of stretch to say that you are “surrounded” by other clubs. As a suburb Dingley is so isolated that a young kid growing up in the area has bugger all options unless his parents want to drive him somewhere else.

Mentone, Hampton, Cheltenham Beaumaris, Mordialloc and others – they are seriously surrounded by clubs with 3, 4 or even more within a 1 or 2 klms radius. Using Hampton as an example. They would have 4 clubs within a kilometre and a half and probably 10 within 3 kilometres. So having a handful of clubs 5, or 15 klms away is not surrounded. (Chelsea, Chelsea Heights? And Old Haileybury? - FFS they play in Caulfied !)

None of this detracts from what Dingley have achieved. They have built a great club, are well supported and have the right balance of home grown player and imports. But they do have some advantages and their location and distance from other clubs is one of them. This does not guarantee success but it can provide a leg up if you get it right, which Dingley obviously have.

And for balance the demographic of Dingley is substantially different to that of Dandenong.

Have the greatest respect for Dingley and for what they have achieved. A great club. But it is bit of stretch to say that you are “surrounded” by other clubs. As a suburb Dingley is so isolated that a young kid growing up in the area has bugger all options unless his parents want to drive him somewhere else.

Mentone, Hampton, Cheltenham Beaumaris, Mordialloc and others – they are seriously surrounded by clubs with 3, 4 or even more within a 1 or 2 klms radius. Using Hampton as an example. They would have 4 clubs within a kilometre and a half and probably 10 within 3 kilometres. So having a handful of clubs 5, or 15 klms away is not surrounded. (Chelsea, Chelsea Heights? And Old Haileybury? - FFS they play in Caulfied !)

None of this detracts from what Dingley have achieved. They have built a great club, are well supported and have the right balance of home grown player and imports. But they do have some advantages and their location and distance from other clubs is one of them. This does not guarantee success but it can provide a leg up if you get it right, which Dingley obviously have.

And for balance the demographic of Dingley is substantially different to that of Dandenong.

Every Dingley kid goes to Secondary School outside of Dingley. To say that the kids have bugger all options is wrong.

The learned gentleman that I was responding to mentioned 8 clubs within a 15 km radius of them. I didn't break out the Google Maps but all of the clubs that I mentioned, except Old Haileybury, would fall within this radius. Most of the clubs that you mentioned are close by as well and are our greatest competitors for quality players.

I'm not comparing us with the Dandenong Clubs because I agree they have it tough. But for him to point to Dingley as anything other than a club that have busted our guts to find the right formula is wrong. Nothing has been handed to us.

Every Dingley kid goes to Secondary School outside of Dingley. To say that the kids have bugger all options is wrong.

The learned gentleman that I was responding to mentioned 8 clubs within a 15 km radius of them. I didn't break out the Google Maps but all of the clubs that I mentioned, except Old Haileybury, would fall within this radius. Most of the clubs that you mentioned are close by as well and are our greatest competitors for quality players.

I'm not comparing us with the Dandenong Clubs because I agree they have it tough. But for him to point to Dingley as anything other than a club that have busted our guts to find the right formula is wrong. Nothing has been handed to us.

Agree with everything you say here and I'm not in any way disputing that the club has worked extremely hard to get to the position they are in. However, your comment about being surrounded by clubs is wrong and that was simply the point I was trying to make.

I see Springvale Dist have landed a handy recruit in George Angelopoulos. Getting on in years now but has clubs like Box Hill VFL, Noble Park, Karingal and Narre Warren on his CV
One to watch in div 3

I see Springvale Dist have landed a handy recruit in George Angelopoulos. Getting on in years now but has clubs like Box Hill VFL, Noble Park, Karingal and Narre Warren on his CV
One to watch in div 3
The guy can seriously play but will be suspended or\and kicked out of the league
One of the the biggest hot heads going around

Anyone know what happened to ashwood in the back half Of 2017? Seemed to decline dramatically. And how are they looking for next year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frankston added to the SFL
What a joke! No one wants to travel to Frankston! Carrum and Lyndhurst are far enough away as it is!
I'd say 80% of players in the SFNL live closer to Lyndhurst, Frankston and Carrum than other established clubs.
It's a massive growth corridor, and like it or not, that's where the competition will expand to for the league to remain relevant.

H
Frankston added to the SFL
What a joke! No one wants to travel to Frankston! Carrum and Lyndhurst are far enough away as it is!
i hope your club doesn't make it into division 2 or 3 would hate for you and you're club to be inconvenienced and have to drive to stkilda or port, or even east bentleigh

OK Boys.. A very important question from a newbie to this league....... what are the best Pubs close to these grounds for lunch before the games...... ???

DIVISION 3 (8 teams)
Springvale Districts..... ?
Heatherton................ ?
Hallam ( Hallam Pub )
Ashwood.................. ?
Endeavour Hills......... ?
Black Rock................ ?
South Yarra.............. ?
Hampton Park ( HP Tavern )

OK Boys.. A very important question from a newbie to this league....... what are the best Pubs close to these grounds for lunch before the games...... ???

DIVISION 3 (8 teams)
Springvale Districts..... ?
Heatherton................ ?
Hallam ( Hallam Pub )
Ashwood.................. ?
Endeavour Hills......... ?
Black Rock................ ?
South Yarra.............. ?

depends on what u like to eat i'm guessing......
what is the meal of choice for a toothless feral.....?

depends on what u like to eat i'm guessing......
what is the meal of choice for a toothless feral.....?

Just your stock standard Pub Grub once I put in the falseys Sratsky....... i was wondering what the best pubs will be to go visit pre game at these new grounds as lunch before the away games has been the only highlight for a HP away game for the last few years....

When are HP gonna announce all these new signings I've been hearing about....... ? a little bloke from Doveton is a name I heard today...

DIVISION 3 (8 teams)
Springvale Districts..... Waltzing Matilda
Heatherton....Moorabbin Cheltenham RSL
Hallam ( Hallam Pub )
Ashwood...Matthew Flinders Chadstone
Endeavour Hills.... Hallam Hotel
Black Rock................ The Sandy
South Yarra......there’s a couple on Burwood Rd

Thanks Hack....... I wasn't sure about Endeavour Hills thought they might've had a pub there....I'm looking forward to visiting some posh pub in South Yarra as much as I'm looking forward to the footy.. :D

Thanks Hack....... I wasn't sure about Endeavour Hills thought they might've had a pub there....I'm looking forward to visiting some posh pub in South Yarra as much as I'm looking forward to the footy.. :D

Think SYFC play in Camberwell and not SY. Still posh, just less pubs. The Palace near the station is a good pub.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back