Welcome Shane Kersten - Welcome to Freo!

Remove this Banner Ad

Not exactly but how many talls up forward particularly if Sandi n Clarke rest forward too

This should always be an option but they both haven't been an influence up forward at all.

Still sending Sandi to full forward for a minute or two does create some panic, Clarke is just so disappointing as a forward.

Clarke and Apeness are competing for the same spot as the resting ruck. Unless of course Sandilands is injured and Clarke is in better form as a full time ruckman then Griffen.

Taberner and Kersten are fighting for a spot. Kersten starts for now in my opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clarke and Apeness are competing for the same spot as the resting ruck. Unless of course Sandilands is injured and Clarke is in better form as a full time ruckman then Griffen.

Taberner and Kersten are fighting for a spot. Kersten starts for now in my opinion.
I see it this way too. My predicted forward setup for round 1 is something like:
Yarran Apeness McCarthy
Ballas Kersten. Walters
Apeness coming on as a supporting ruck who can also clunk a few up fwd will be the game changer in a way, I think structurally he's already close to our most important which sounds insane when talking about a guy with a handful of games.

I see it this way too. My predicted forward setup for round 1 is something like:
Yarran Apeness McCarthy
Ballas Kersten. Walters
Apeness coming on as a supporting ruck who can also clunk a few up fwd will be the game changer in a way, I think structurally he's already close to our most important which sounds insane when talking about a guy with a handful of games.

Agree with everything.

Didn't Luke McPharlin say in an interview how highly he was rated and once he gets fit will surprise a lot of people? I'm pretty sure he usually had a good aerobic fitness base until his injuries.

Didn't Sutcliffe get unanimously voted as our next big thing from the playing group? On that Burning Question segment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure he usually had a good aerobic fitness base until his injuries.
The coaching staff often described both Tabs and The Ape as having enormous aerobic capacity.We have seen this to be the case with Tabs,but fairly obviously coming off a PCL operation,hobbling through the pre-season,snapping a collar bone he's not going to hit top speed last season.
Being able to run could make a difference this preseason.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back