SNFL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

What happened down at Dovey yesterday haha, bit early for Skye to be planning for div 3 or?... Would've thought Doveton 2s would win by more or did they (Skye) swap Their teams around?

The long time East Malvern antagonist that I am, it is somewhat heartening to see them have a good start to the year and be 3-0. Certainly hard to gauge the quality of the performances as we have 4 teams yet to register a win.

Acid test to come over the next month playing both undefeated (as it stands) teams away from home.

The long time East Malvern antagonist that I am, it is somewhat heartening to see them have a good start to the year and be 3-0. Certainly hard to gauge the quality of the performances as we have 4 teams yet to register a win.

Acid test to come over the next month playing both undefeated (as it stands) teams away from home.

They were good last year and probably would've made finals if they didn't have a heap of players go away mid year for a holiday (so I'm told).

curious that the ladders for div 1 and div 2 look the exact same (Top 2 unbeaten, next 3 3-1, a 2-2, a 1-3 and bottom 3 all winless). would be interesting to see whether the ladder is already set for both divs by rd 4

Race in 2 for the flag?

Beena and East Malvern playing some very attractive footy to kick off the campaign. While some other sides can't quite work out how to get the ball rolling.

Can anyone see another side knocking either team off?

Race in 2 for the flag?

Beena and East Malvern playing some very attractive footy to kick off the campaign. While some other sides can't quite work out how to get the ball rolling.

Can anyone see another side knocking either team off?
I think you should keep the powder dry on East Malvern. have only played Hampton Park who are any team of note & they were inaccurate on the day, but East Malvern will play finals. Other than Morrisby, who kicks their goals? I think they're a tall forward short. Maybe throw Collinson down there as well?

Take it to the bank, from what I've seen so far, the ladder will finish in the following order

Murrumbeena
Doveton Doves
Hampton Park
East Malvern
Endeavour Hills
Caulfield
St Kilda City
Keysborough
Highett
Skye

I think you should keep the powder dry on East Malvern. have only played Hampton Park who are any team of note & they were inaccurate on the day, but East Malvern will play finals. Other than Morrisby, who kicks their goals? I think they're a tall forward short. Maybe throw Collinson down there as well?

Take it to the bank, from what I've seen so far, the ladder will finish in the following order

Murrumbeena
Doveton Doves
Hampton Park
East Malvern
Endeavour Hills
Caulfield
St Kilda City
Keysborough
Highett
Skye

Watch everyone rush back to Skye to bully division 3 when they get relegated!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Murrumbeena
Doveton Doves
Hampton Park
East Malvern
Endeavour Hills
Caulfield
St Kilda City
Keysborough
Highett
Skye
Hogan kicked 3 against HP, too morrisbys 2? Never seen him play, but i presume he is big looking at the line up. I think Bena are no where near as dominant East Brighton last year.

Hogan kicked 3 against HP, too morrisbys 2? Never seen him play, but i presume he is big looking at the line up. I think Bena are no where near as dominant East Brighton last year.

Judging by the scores on the weekend, Murrumbeena had the chance to bury Doveton but let them back into the game.. do they run out of legs?

Their 2s are looking dominant though, similiar to skye all those years ago

Are Highett the most disappointing team in the whole league this season? I think many of us would've had them as a shoe in for the top 3 or at least 4th. They'd be kicking themselves they lost the Endeavour game round 1. I know they've played 5 of the top 6 sides but very underwhelming from them to not win a single one.

Are Highett the most disappointing team in the whole league this season? I think many of us would've had them as a shoe in for the top 3 or at least 4th. They'd be kicking themselves they lost the Endeavour game round 1. I know they've played 5 of the top 6 sides but very underwhelming from them to not win a single one.

I had them bottom 2 before the season started, they will string a few together but the finals ship may have already sailed.

To think they were a accurate third quarter away from giving Murrumbeena real run in the finals last year to now 0-5 best player might spend more games at Richmond vfl with all there injuries hard to see them comeback. They do have an elite ruckman that came from Seaford don’t know if he’s expected to play this year but they need him now

Murrumbeena
Doveton Doves
Hampton Park
East Malvern
Endeavour Hills
Caulfield
St Kilda City
Keysborough
Highett
Skye
Caufield i think capable of making top 5.

To think they were a accurate third quarter away from giving Murrumbeena real run in the finals last year to now 0-5 best player might spend more games at Richmond vfl with all there injuries hard to see them comeback. They do have an elite ruckman that came from Seaford don’t know if he’s expected to play this year but they need him now
Macklin has done his knee so won’t play. A few Highett lads travelling mid year also

I See x keysbourgh full forward carnelley kicked 19 goals on the weekend playing Div 3 ammo’s for St. John’s good effort but eley park must be absolutely terrible as must Div 3 ammo’s half St John’s side x keysbourgh and a lot of fringe players in there ones think roughly 18 players went there from keysbourgh obviously new they were never going to win a premiership at keysbourgh i remember the mt Waverley guys doing similar when they all went to fair park

Eley Park were the bottom team (or close to the bottom) in the 7th division of the VAFA last year. With a consolidation of the divisions they have essentially gone up a grade and as expected are doing it very tough. They manage to get a seniors and reserves out on the park every week so kudos to them.

I See x keysbourgh full forward carnelley kicked 19 goals on the weekend playing Div 3 ammo’s for St. John’s good effort but eley park must be absolutely terrible as must Div 3 ammo’s half St John’s side x keysbourgh and a lot of fringe players in there ones think roughly 18 players went there from keysbourgh obviously new they were never going to win a premiership at keysbourgh i remember the mt Waverley guys doing similar when they all went to fair park
With Keysy losing so many players this season they’ve done exceptionally well to still hold a thirds (club 18) side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back