Some MCC seats to be avilable to club members Prelim & GF - Caroline Wilson

Remove this Banner Ad

Zero chance.
You reckon Melbourne and Collingwood supporters, or Carlton supporters aren't going to rock up because of the weather?

I remember it was an issue for the rainy Tigers/Pies prelim in 2018.
A few thousand empties in MCC.

But maybe the shift to reserving all of level 4 and having fewer walk up areas will avoid it.

This whole empty MCC seats thing for sold out finals could be an issue again Thursday and Friday night.
MCC have presold level 4 as reserved seating but the majority of level 1 and parts of 2/3 are available as walk up seating, with the rest of the stadium sold out. With a shizen weather forecast for Thursday and not much better on Friday, is there a risk that many of those seats go unused?

Back in 2018 the MCC agreed to be more proactive in filling their reserve for sold out games. One of the changes was pre selling all of level 4 if the demand is there, which means it is unlikely to have empty bits for big games. The other change was to more actively monitor it on the night and if it looks like not filling then opening it up to their provisional members (only full and restricted members have had access to these 2 games so far) and allowing extra visitor tickets, and finally opening to the public as a last resort.

Not sure how they would manage this though. I know GF day they put out tweets late morning/early afternoon letting their restricted members know whether they can get walkup tickets, but that's because their full members get there very early in the morning and by lunch time they have a good idea of the situation. For a week 1 rainy Thursday/Friday night people will be rocking up later. But if they are releasing extra tickets to provisional/visitors/public they would need to do it an hour or more before the bounce to give people a chance. It would all be very tricky to manage.

I hope it's full but it would be a bad look if there are big empty bits on either night and they have't opened it to the public.

It will be close to chockers. Provisional members keen would need to watch for updates

And it’s not true as far as I’m aware what you said about the actual seats that are reserved. The bottom half of level four is, and so is about 2/3rds of level 1. Levels 2 and 3 I’m not sure about but frankly there aren’t a lot of seats in those levels anyway. So most walkup seats will be undercover.

And it’s not true as far as I’m aware what you said about the actual seats that are reserved. The bottom half of level four is, and so is about 2/3rds of level 1. Levels 2 and 3 I’m not sure about but frankly there aren’t a lot of seats in those levels anyway. So most walkup seats will be undercover.

According to their website there is walk up on levels 1,2,3 but none on level 4.
I think this was the new policy implemented back when this thread was started, that all of level 4 can be pre sold if the demand is there.

These are the level 1 walk up areas:
  • M37-M41 (rows A-Z)
  • M42-M43
  • M44 (rows A-LL)
  • M45 - no alcohol

According to their website there is walk up on levels 1,2,3 but none on level 4.
I think this was the new policy implemented back when this thread was started, that all of level 4 can be pre sold if the demand is there.

• M37-M41 (rows A-Z)
  • M42-M43
  • M44 (rows A-LL)
  • M45 - no alcohol
AFL members should do this too.

Go early enough. Always get a seat

Re: MCC just send out a tweet/email to provisional members for $10 a ticket or something. Will fill up in no time

• M37-M41 (rows A-Z)
  • M42-M43
  • M44 (rows A-LL)
  • M45 - no alcohol

You’re correct. I always thought the back half of level 4 was unreserved but that’s changed over the years

On level one about 5 of the 13 bays are unreserved. They will get gobbled up in no time and the plum seats on levels 2 and 3 (no visitors allowed) will go even quicker. Weather no issue.

But the main issue is the walkup areas, there is no ticket for those, you just scan your member card at the gate, which AFAIK has a photo on it.
The main issue is the reserved seating. Many will change their mind due to weather, or buy a reserve ticket to avoid visitors missing out. Then fail to occupy the seat. If you want to see it full you make more area walk ups, not less.

The main issue is the reserved seating. Many will change their mind due to weather, or buy a reserve ticket to avoid visitors missing out. Then fail to occupy the seat. If you want to see it full you make more area walk ups, not less.
There are penalties for member no shows at the gf who had reserved seats but I don’t think that applies to the other finals .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back