Roast St Kilda in no mans land

Remove this Banner Ad

That part might have had a bit of mayo on it, but our form is looking better by the minute, given how Geelong are wiping the floor with Adelaide, in Adelaide. Despite fielding a significantly weaker team than they did against us (no Duncan, Atkins, or Bruhn, which is a big chunk of their midfield).

I wasn’t too disappointed that we lost last week, as it looked like two top 8 teams going hammer and tongs, and that whoever lost would win plenty of games for the remainder of the year.

You're looking good, it wasn't a criticism.

Just saying, you're 1-1, let's not overstate things.

1-1 and a percentage over 100 when you started outsider in both games, and played the last two premiers on their home grounds, is a good start in almost anyone's view.

It is a good start, I never said otherwise.

I'd consider "what a start..." to be on another level.

Why can you see a gf but think a flag is out reach? Surely if you can get there you’ve got a chance??

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

go ask yourself this question... If you think the flag isnt out of reach then why hasnt saints won another flag after 1966?

Why hasnt freo won one?

Point is Some teams have strong finals series but get smashed in the grand final. GWS in 2019 is one example, Swans in 2014, 2018 and 2022 is another. Dogs in 2021 is another too.

Playing strong footy, good to watch. Recruited for run and spread, they cover the ground exceedingly well.
Will push top 6, and I can see a pathway to top 4 ( if not this year in near future).
My concern is hard ball winning, don’t rate Crouch, seb Ross etc but super impressed with Windhagers game against Coll.
Go Roos

It is a good start, I never said otherwise.

I'd consider "what a start..." to be on another level.
"What a start" is indicative of my excitement that young players like NWM and Byrnes have played key roles over the first 2 games. I like the trajectory here.

I think the Saints have a very bright future. We tend to associate the term ‘vanilla’ with their side in recent years but they have a bunch of very high potential young players that look to have firmly entrenched themselves as AFL players and will continue to improve.

The names in thinking of are guys like King, Windhager, Byrnes, Phillipou, Wanganeen-Milera, Owens etc.

It’s a really solid group to build around.

The names in thinking of are guys like King, Windhager, Byrnes, Phillipou, Wanganeen-Milera, Owens etc.

It’s a really solid group to build around.
Good list, just add Henry and Wilson who were solid across the first two games. And Caminiti who played a valuable role last year in the absence of King and Membrey.

St Kilda hasn't had a young group like this since 2004-05.

Playing strong footy, good to watch. Recruited for run and spread, they cover the ground exceedingly well.
Will push top 6, and I can see a pathway to top 4 ( if not this year in near future).
My concern is hard ball winning, don’t rate Crouch, seb Ross etc but super impressed with Windhagers game against Coll.
Go Roos
Wel, crouch is injured or playing injured and was dropped to th vfl. Ross just had his 200th game, he will probably be only around for 2 years or so. Who was your etc?

Good list, just add Henry and Wilson who were solid across the first two games. And Caminiti who played a valuable role last year in the absence of King and Membrey.

St Kilda hasn't had a young group like this since 2004-05.
By far and away the best young group we’ve had since the early 2000’s.

And there are more in the wings who look to have huge upside/potential, like the freakish indigenous talents that are Keeler and Collard, and Arie Schoenmaker, who already seems to be too good for VFL level, and will probably debut that cannon of a left foot this week.

Normally teams with this much high quality young talent are down the bottom part of the ladder, learning how to win again, so to have it and already be a finals type team (with loads of cap space) is a great place to be.

Last edited:
According to Ross we were the 4th youngest team in R1 (where we just lost to a Geelong team that had Duncan, Atkins and Bruhn, who they didn’t have last night in their away win over Adelaide- all replaced by guys outside their best 23) and we also had 10 who had played under 50 games out on the park.

Augurs very well for where we could be in a year or twos time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From an outside POV, still the most exciting Saints list I've seen since Riewoldt, Joey, BJ, & Lenny where running around as youngsters.

Dunno if they'll win anything, mainly because it's St Kilda, but it's an exciting time to be Saints fan nonetheless.

The carry on for this year has been a bit much, they'll be 6th-12 IMO...but the excitement over the future is justified.

Just got to keep adding to the NWM, Phillipou, Owens, & Wilson group and see what happens.

From an outside POV, still the most exciting Saints list I've seen since Riewoldt, Joey, BJ, & Lenny where running around as youngsters.

Dunno if they'll win anything, mainly because it's St Kilda, but it's an exciting time to be Saints fan nonetheless.

The carry on for this year has been a bit much, they'll be 6th-12 IMO...but the excitement over the future is justified.

Just got to keep adding to the NWM, Phillipou, Owens, & Wilson group and see what happens.

Agree.

As I said get a life.

Like night follows day Carlton supporters up and about early in the season...then.....

Essendon deserved the win attacked the footy, Saints played defensively.

You can be up and about when you’re 3-0

2-1 with a loss against Essendon and in no man’s land, can understand why you’re a bit grumpy

You can be up and about when you’re 3-0

2-1 with a loss against Essendon and in no man’s land, can understand why you’re a bit grumpy
How many games in a season?

Have seen this so many times from Blues supporters like you. Don't get me wrong reckon it is good for footy when the Blues are up and about and about but get some perspective.

How many games in a season?

Have seen this so many times from Blues supporters like you. Don't get me wrong reckon it is good for footy when the Blues are up and about and about but get some perspective.
Haven't seen them this up and about since early 2012.

I'm pretty sure that season ended well, so you can understand their excitement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back