Roast Carlton in no man's land

Remove this Banner Ad

And I'd suggest Collingwood wouldn't be in contention with Grundy and Treloar still on our books.
Lost the hitouts 46 to 25 in the game against the Demons. Similar stats against the Lions. Might cost Pies a Final flicking Grundy basically for McStay who has delivered little this year. A bit early to definitively make that call

Lost the hitouts 46 to 25 in the game against the Demons. Similar stats against the Lions. Might cost Pies a Final flicking Grundy basically for McStay who has delivered little this year. A bit early to definitively make that call
I still have nightmares about Grundy and his pathetic 2018 GF and 2019 prelim, we're better off without him

I mean just look at him 🤯

Oks82ibc.jpg

Still think he plays a major role this year, looks like you will play them in the first final
That's not a pleasant thought as they got us pretty well last time, set up beautifully when we had the ball, we'll need to do better

I think you're right, they'll have plans to use him and are trying to improve his forward craft

But we're not missing him and we've got more depth now with him (mostly) off the books

Yep, we got smashed in the ruck against Brisbane, with Frampton our starting ruck swapping with Johnson. Both are starting as emergencies tomorrow.

Lost to Melbourne by 4 points, still with no D. Cameron.

McStay missed both games, who gives us structure in the forward line, chops out in the ruck, and frees up the likes of Cox to attend more ruck contests.

If we maintain a reasonably healthy list, and have at least two (ideally 3) of Cameron, Cox, McStay and Frampton available, it won't be the absence of Grundy that will cost us a flag.

Yep, we got smashed in the ruck against Brisbane, with Frampton our starting ruck swapping with Johnson. Both are starting as emergencies tomorrow.

Lost to Melbourne by 4 points, still with no D. Cameron.

McStay missed both games, who gives us structure in the forward line, chops out in the ruck, and frees up the likes of Cox to attend more ruck contests.

If we maintain a reasonably healthy list, and have at least two (ideally 3) of Cameron, Cox, McStay and Frampton available, it won't be the absence of Grundy that will cost us a flag.
Cameron did well getting 13 hitouts against Melbourne without playing? That is a great effort.

Not sure how having McStay or Frampton would have improved the Pies hitouts stats against Grundy and Gawn

Are you really that confident? All of those games bar one were against sides you'd be expected to beat, maybe wait until you're challenged before making the "we're going deep in finals" call, you could just as easily be out of contention in a fortnights time.

I think you should be prepared that things might not go your way, you're coming from outside the eight and your run home is tricky.

Yes. I am very confident 👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was bullish on the blues pre-season. Will now finish 5th and are still a sneaky chance for top 4. They will beat Melbourne in 2 weeks.

Walsh. McKay and Kennedy back. Will make the prelim.

Pressure is back on again. I will not be confident until we show we can handle it. That means beating StKilda, GC, GWS in 8 point games.

Lock in finals and anything is possible, as our best is good enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back