Roast St Kilda in no mans land

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah rather fire a few back at your sh*tstain cheating club

Why do you let such a s**t club live rent free in your head? Support a cheating club that is also the worst performed club of the 21st century.
Taking it well I see.

Why do you let such a s**t club live rent free in your head? Support a cheating club that is also the worst performed club of the 21st century.

Taking the loss well I see.

Get back to the Saint Kilda Saints board if you can't cope with reality.

Tough game next week but 2 guaranteed wins after that. But the premise of this thread is no man's land and st Kilda definitely look that way this year.

So there’s this land I’ve heard of

Some say no mans some say saints

Strange from a North supporter, you’d love to be where St Kilda are at.

Saints could lose every game for the rest of the season and still finish above your mob.

I don’t rate Ross

BUT

if you hire him with the youth of the squad they have, you just have to see it through.

I guess in terms of debutants/age profile/experience it’s similar to 2003 St Kilda or 2011/2012 Fremantle. Doesn’t quite have the top end talent of a Riewoldt, Goddard, Hayes, Fyfe, Pav, Sandi group but we also know Ross teams bat deep. If Steele, Marshall & Wilkie hang around while NWM, King, Owens catch up, we know he will extract a lot from the likes of Hill, Windhager & Caminiti as his foot soldiers.

Of course it might not work out but I think the best course these days is to follow a plan. If it fails (ala Pies late 2010s) it probably only fails by 2-3 key positions and you can trade your way through to regenerate, because the building blocks are there.

If St Kilda panic over the next 2-3 years and sack Ross it’ll definitely end poorly. If they give Ross the chance to see his group out, it might not. First ever group he will see through from the start so theoretically they should be even more well drilled than his other sides.

I don't think Ross is the problem at St Kilda. No midfielders of note outside of Jack Steele who really tackles better than anything else, one dimensional up forward and as mentioned they play Zayne Cordy.
All jokes aside Zaine played in two grand finals and he’s closing on 150 games so his presence alone isn’t indicative of a bad side.

They just have an overwhelming number of ok players and not a lot of stars.

Yep, think everyone should agree that they are pretty much in no mans land.

Got a couple of really good players, some potentially good kids but most of the guys are also runs.

Pretty incredible effort for them to make the finals last season and some much more talented teams missed.

I don't think going the North Melbourne route is the answer. Just have to hope they can stay competitive and Owens, Windhager, Wilson and Phillipou can make a step up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, think everyone should agree that they are pretty much in no mans land.

Got a couple of really good players, some potentially good kids but most of the guys are also runs.

Pretty incredible effort for them to make the finals last season and some much more talented teams missed.

I don't think going the North Melbourne route is the answer. Just have to hope they can stay competitive and Owens, Windhager, Wilson and Phillipou can make a step up
Pillipou is shat

Completely disregarding this result.

A 5 day break, with travel involved, is not a recipe for success in modern day footy.

Been reasonably solid with lapses this season and I give them a pass tonight.

5 day breaks need to be eradicated from the fixture if we want to see teams playing at or near their best.

The AFL have done a disservice to us all by inflicting short turnarounds on clubs, and it needs urgent attention.

2000 to now.

A period with some success for St.Kilda vs Carlton's lowest ebb.

244 wins to 211 wins for the Blues.
An extra 15% wins.

Ross sugar hit well and truly worn off now.

They might do well to obtain as many early picks as they can for the next 2 years before Tassie arrives.

They remind me a bit of us in the Brad Scott era. Total purgatory.
Thats Harsh about Brad Scotts coaching era of 2010-19.

Would you say North melbourne were in no mans land in Brad Scotts 10 year period? I dont know.

Were North Melbourne a mid table side? I agree. It was hard to dispute that. They didnt finish bottom 4, except in 2017. they didnt finish top 4 ladder wise. they made a couple of prelim finals.

Seeing North Melbourne or Port win 2 finals in 2014 was impressive.

North Finishing 8th and won 2 more finals in 2015 was good with the players they had at the time.

Completely disregarding this result.

A 5 day break, with travel involved, is not a recipe for success in modern day footy.

Been reasonably solid with lapses this season and I give them a pass tonight.

5 day breaks need to be eradicated from the fixture if we want to see teams playing at or near their best.

The AFL have done a disservice to us all by inflicting short turnarounds on clubs, and it needs urgent attention.

3 games in 11 days; that’s tough.

Amazing any of them can still walk.

3 games in 11 days; that’s tough.

Amazing any of them can still walk.
Yeah that explains being down 7 goals to 1 at QT. When you were at your freshest....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back