Bumped Steven Motlop (merged roast threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

If not for his last quarter he'd be kicking dew next week.

partially redeemed by a good last quarter, agreed, but a putrid performance to that point.
his tackling technique is terrible.
did a couple of stupid things, one of the worst was unnecessarily grabbing hold of an opponent's jumper while Dangerfield sprinted downfield with ball in hand to a relatively open forward line. I coulda killed!
lives to fight another day but at this stage of his career you'd hope gap between his best and worst was narrower..

I thought 2017 was meant to be the year that Mots redeemed himself, boosted his value and asked to be released as a free agent? Yesterday all but confirmed his days are over. Of course there are 21 more rounds so anything can happen, but he deserves to be dropped on the rubbish he dished up yesterday

Not sure what to say about him... he seems to play his best on the outside and sprinting towards the goals when the heat is out of the game.

I don't think i've ever seen him dominate a contested game before, or if he has, its been a while ago.

Not sure what to say about him... he seems to play his best on the outside and sprinting towards the goals when the heat is out of the game.

I don't think i've ever seen him dominate a contested game before, or if he has, its been a while ago.

He dominates on the outside for sure, and he definitely has done it in close games.

The thing with him is that his style of play as an outside runner really comes into play in fourth quarters when players are not as effective as spreading and zoning. In previous years he has kicked several crucial final quarter goals.

The coaching staff probably need to define two different roles for him, one for the start of the game and one for from about half way through the third quarter onward.

That second part is easy, he is still good at that. But the first part, especially in tough games, they need to figure out what his role should be because i believe the way the game is played now it is harder for him to play to his natural strengths early on.

If Mots was ever to be dropped the time is now. Get it over and done with.

It will go something like this:

Scott tells mots he's playing in the seconds
Most gets the shits and drops his bottom lip, telling Scott he'd rather sit out
Media get hold of it and its back page
Mots threatens the walk at years end
Scott plays a straight bat
Mots decides he's going to play seconds, does some nice things
Scott tells him he needs to do it for a month
Mots shoves it right up him and plays a solid month to earn his way back in
Mots comes back in, plays the year out really well
Scott tells media that mots did as asked
Mots walks under free agency, cats get the cream
Or Mots re signs for 3 years!

Just my thoughts!

I understand the frustration.

Some think he's a downhill skier, and on the outside it looks like it too.

But how often does he actually win us games? His last quarter he was in the thick of the comeback. It seems every single game we win, it's when he plays well.

He has an off day, we have an off day and he's the scapegoat.

I'd like to think his consistency can get better. I hope it gets better.

But man he's a good player when he's on, the whole team is on. Other players can have a good game and not effect the result. This guy does.

He stays in for mine.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I thought 2017 was meant to be the year that Mots redeemed himself, boosted his value and asked to be released as a free agent? Yesterday all but confirmed his days are over. Of course there are 21 more rounds so anything can happen, but he deserves to be dropped on the rubbish he dished up yesterday

400k is still a lot of coin. Probably figured chasing 750k wasn't worth the effort.

He's been good this year. I've been one of his biggest critics in the past, but his intent this year has been first class, and I believe it's reflected in his tackle numbers. Not everyone can be an inside, contested beast. Some games don't suit him, some do. Tall forwards get forgiven for being quiet in wet conditions, outside midfielders should be forgiven for being quiet in scrappy games. Been happy with him so far in 2017.

He's been good this year. I've been one of his biggest critics in the past, but his intent this year has been first class, and I believe it's reflected in his tackle numbers. Not everyone can be an inside, contested beast. Some games don't suit him, some do. Tall forwards get forgiven for being quiet in wet conditions, outside midfielders should be forgiven for being quiet in scrappy games. Been happy with him so far in 2017.

Yeah I've said before that the outside mid is often the cream - if we can't get our hands on the pill they'll look bad.
Created that goal for Menzel in the last quarter from a disputed ball situation.

I think we just want to find a way for him to contribute in games that do not suit. And a general improvement in body language would be a better start than he probably realises.

Christ. What is the point of this 'rebump' ?

The season is two weeks in.

Round 1 - Generally a good performance
Round 2 - Poor, along with the far, far majority of the team.

What is your point exactly?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His last quarter on Sunday was quite good. His influence was the direct result of at least 2 goals.

Yep, so we want fast ball movement and penetration. Let's drop someone who's had three times as many running bounces as the next best guy, and equal second amount of inside 50s. He's taking the game on and yes that means some frustrating mistakes. But who else is going to step into his role and deliver a better output?

Yep, so we want fast ball movement and penetration. Let's drop someone who's had three times as many running bounces as the next best guy, and equal second amount of inside 50s. He's taking the game on and yes that means some frustrating mistakes. But who else is going to step into his role and deliver a better output?

Zuthrie :D

I understand the frustration.

Some think he's a downhill skier, and on the outside it looks like it too.

But how often does he actually win us games? His last quarter he was in the thick of the comeback. It seems every single game we win, it's when he plays well.

He has an off day, we have an off day and he's the scapegoat.

I'd like to think his consistency can get better. I hope it gets better.

But man he's a good player when he's on, the whole team is on. Other players can have a good game and not effect the result. This guy does.

He stays in for mine.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Absolutely. Also find it funny that when the team is down, Motlop is the scapegoat. What about the 16 other poor performers at the time?!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back