FTA-TV Survivor 40 (Winners at War)

Remove this Banner Ad

Adam is such a dweeb, how did that campaigner win.

Funny you say that, I was watching Nick today thinking exactly the same thing. He's so weird, awkward and uncharismatic it's bizarre that he managed to win.

After a slow start, followed by a good couple of episodes, today's ep seemed rather boring/unremarkable. Maybe it's because I'm watching my first series of Australian Survivor, but the longer episodes make you feel like you're seeing so much more of what's going on. This Winners at War series just seems like random excerpts, especially when we're seeing so much of EOI. It's making me think that EOI is going to be more impactful than it was in its first incarnation, or that the series winner (Natalie or Ethan) is already on EOI.

I spoke in the Australian Survivor thread a few days ago about the editors obviously wanting to create doubt in who is getting eliminated, which is reasonable in reality tv. In that context, I think the comment related to them going to excessive effort to create doubt around Nick's obvious elimination. Today, I feel like US Survivor went the other way, to the extent that Tyson's elimination almost felt shocking and nonsensical.

The “Sandra bench” made me chuckle, it’s very true though. I thought there used to be a rule of not having the same person sit out back to back challenges, perhaps that’s been scrapped.

The challenge I thought was another blowout, great comeback in the end. Although it just be said, to lose it from the lead they had, that’s a choke.

Funny you say that, I was watching Nick today thinking exactly the same thing. He's so weird, awkward and uncharismatic it's bizarre that he managed to win.

After a slow start, followed by a good couple of episodes, today's ep seemed rather boring/unremarkable. Maybe it's because I'm watching my first series of Australian Survivor, but the longer episodes make you feel like you're seeing so much more of what's going on. This Winners at War series just seems like random excerpts, especially when we're seeing so much of EOI. It's making me think that EOI is going to be more impactful than it was in its first incarnation, or that the series winner (Natalie or Ethan) is already on EOI.

I spoke in the Australian Survivor thread a few days ago about the editors obviously wanting to create doubt in who is getting eliminated, which is reasonable in reality tv. In that context, I think the comment related to them going to excessive effort to create doubt around Nick's obvious elimination. Today, I feel like US Survivor went the other way, to the extent that Tyson's elimination almost felt shocking and nonsensical.

Really????? Absolutely loved Nicks season. Thought he was super entertaining and charismatic in his season.

The only surprise there was who he gave the fire token to.
Tyson giving it to Nick just so he can make a smart ass comment is so on brand for Tyson.

I think Tyson might actually be the best value of anyone on the Edge.

Can’t wait for next week.
d3444b915020d6d70e2c2beed7b16a04.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The editing team deserve a shout out for something hilarious right at the end, that you would've missed if you zoned out 3 seconds early.

After we've seen the EOI challenge.
After we've seen Natalie and Amber break down after finishing it.
After we've seen Ethan needing medical.
After the really beautiful moment where they all climbed the mountain for Ethan's last climb.

Tyson turns up to EOI - "You guys have so much firewood."

I nearly lost my s**t. It was such an underrated golden moment after what we'd seen throughout the episode.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Emotional manipulation

And it has started again.

The ridiculous teary comment about his mum always believing in him and never giving up etc. it took you 15 times to jump and grab a key you absolute toss, your now the hero in this challenge. Your the reason you nearly lost, not the reason you won.

And it has started again.

The ridiculous teary comment about his mum always believing in him and never giving up etc. it took you 15 times to jump and grab a key you absolute toss, your now the hero in this challenge. Your the reason you nearly lost, not the reason you won.
Adam is the same height at Eddie Betts, but with no athletic ability. Putting him as the jumper was a really stupid decision.

I'm curious about the edit that Kim is getting.

I think she came into the game alongside Natalie as the woman most likely to go deep into the game. And yet she's gotten a total of maybe 3 total sentences broadcast over the last 2 episodes.

Does it mean she's going to be a meaningless vote off in the next few weeks, or does it mean she's laying low for now before making a charge post-merge?

(I think Denise - my pre-series pick - is getting a similar edit, but she seems to be in a much better position in terms of allies.)

Just caught up with the latest episode, not a bad episode but sad to see Tyson go. Challenge was pretty crazy, I feel like whenever they include a Jeff quote like "this is looking like the biggest blowout in Survivor challenge history!" it usually means the losing team ends up making a huge comeback and winning.

Below is not really a spoiler but just my prediction/theory of the winner based on interviews released pre-season.

The fact that Jeff has mentioned in interviews that EoE is not going to be around for the near future suggests to me that the winner of this season is likely an EoE returnee. While I can see why they wanted to have EoE, a big criticism of it is that it gives a big advantage to the returnee, and if they ran two seasons with it and in both cases a returnee won, I don't think they would be able to justify continuing it. I think Jeff coming out and saying EoE is not coming back soon may be him trying to get in front of the inevitable backlash.

Below is not really a spoiler but just my prediction/theory of the winner based on interviews released pre-season.

The fact that Jeff has mentioned in interviews that EoE is not going to be around for the near future suggests to me that the winner of this season is likely an EoE returnee. While I can see why they wanted to have EoE, a big criticism of it is that it gives a big advantage to the returnee, and if they ran two seasons with it and in both cases a returnee won, I don't think they would be able to justify continuing it. I think Jeff coming out and saying EoE is not coming back soon may be him trying to get in front of the inevitable backlash.

I hope that a cast that have all won the game aren't stupid enough to vote for a returnee

Has me f*&^&d how she survives so many eliminations. Useless at challenges and seems like a bossy pain in the a%$. Must have some persuasive influence over people.
Thought exactly the same in the 2nd season she won .
Was irritating , arrogant and bossy . Next thing I knew she had won it again......🤦‍♂️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back