Autopsy Tàiyáng gǎng ā dé lái dé zhōngguó shànghǎi 2018 nián 5 yuè 19 rì

Remove this Banner Ad

Watch a game for once! Rischa's defence and leadership have been excellent. He is past his best but you're forgetting that he had a fairly high ceiling to begin with and more than shows his class each week. If you're so savvy about matchups for this game then you name a defender to cover Gray. May has been embarrassed by Robbie Gray in the past because of their difference in size. I'm suggesting Rischa take Gray because there isn't much alternative. You've got nothing to suggest except negativity. Slow clap.

What are you talking about?
You think Sunny has nothing to suggest except negativity? Read some posts for once! There are about 8 years worth.
Slow clap? Forgetting how good Rischa has been for us?
I very rarely get annoyed by posts but that post annoyed me. Just to be really clear.

In my opinion, these two things can be true:
Rischa might be our best matchup for Gray. He has played pretty well as a defensive stopper this year.
If Rishca is our best matchup for Gray, rip.

Finding a good matchup for Gray is hard for most teams. Just ask Adelaide.

What are you talking about?
You think Sunny has nothing to suggest except negativity? Read some posts for once! There are about 8 years worth.
Slow clap? Forgetting how good Rischa has been for us?
I very rarely get annoyed by posts but that post annoyed me. Just to be really clear.

In my opinion, these two things can be true:
Rischa might be our best matchup for Gray. He has played pretty well as a defensive stopper this year.
If Rishca is our best matchup for Gray, rip.

Finding a good matchup for Gray is hard for most teams. Just ask Adelaide.
Except that's not what Sunny said. You've manipulated it to suit your own ends.
I took his post as pure cynicism and a direct criticism of my post.
It's the kind of defeatist attitude really annoys me. Just to be really clear.

Jacob HERON

2018 NEAFL
Totals

• 5 games
  • 3 goals
  • 0 behinds
  • 1 time in the best players list
  • 0 NEAFL MVP votes

Averages
  • 7.4 kicks
  • 6.0 handballs
  • 13.4 disposals
  • 3.4 marks
  • 3.4 tackles
  • 1.0 inside 50
  • 2.2 rebound 50s
  • 0.4 frees for
  • 1.0 frees against
  • 59.00 Dream Team points

Jacob HERON

2018 NEAFL
Totals

• 5 games
  • 3 goals
  • 0 behinds
  • 1 time in the best players list
  • 0 NEAFL MVP votes

Averages
  • 7.4 kicks
  • 6.0 handballs
  • 13.4 disposals
  • 3.4 marks
  • 3.4 tackles
  • 1.0 inside 50
  • 2.2 rebound 50s
  • 0.4 frees for
  • 1.0 frees against
  • 59.00 Dream Team points
While these stats don't look gaudy, they are Back Pocket numbers.
For comparison, here's Jesse Joyce over 35 AFL games
  • 7.0 kicks
  • 6.2 handballs
  • 13.2 disposals
  • 3.7 marks
  • 2.0 tackles
  • 0.9 inside 50
  • 1.7 rebound 50s
  • 0.8 frees for
  • 0.6 frees against
Sure, these are AFL stats VS NEAFL stats, but it gives a guide as to what to expect. I'm personally going to be satisfied if Heron gets 10 touches and doesn't disgrace himself.

Except that's not what Sunny said. You've manipulated it to suit your own ends.
It's the kind of defeatist attitude really annoys me. Just to be really clear.
You've probably gone a bit too hard with this one. Sunny has been one of the best posters on this forum for years. I didn't think her post was inflammatory.

If Gray plays anywhere near his best, we're going to have trouble. Most of us can probably see that. Riska could well be given the job, but he's going to have his hands full. We need a team-based approach to stop delivery into Port's forward line, much like Port did to us last year. If we win this, it will be a real coup.

It wasn't an attack at you 17er. I'm not sure I've gone after anyone like that before on here. Like Stroppy said, it was more a 'rip' comment that Rischa IS our best match up, and that makes me terrified given that Rischa has trouble turning around these days. Hopefully he can hang on during defensive stoppages.

It wasn't an attack at you 17er. I'm not sure I've gone after anyone like that before on here. Like Stroppy said, it was more a 'rip' comment that Rischa IS our best match up, and that makes me terrified given that Rischa has trouble turning around these days. Hopefully he can hang on during defensive stoppages.
I think he's clever enough most of the time to stick with Gray. But the biggest will be pressure on the ball carrier to give him PAFC crap service, it's always been an archilles heel through our midfield/defensive stuff. We can have 90 tackles, but if we're not pressuring the ball carrier on the crucial delivery it's for naught.

And that is how I read your post, since I have read all your posts for the last 4 years or so.
And no, you have not gone after anyone before.
Context.
Which is why I was annoyed.

Annoyance over.

...and we still don't have a good matchup for Bobbie G.
Of course, it won't matter if we don't improve in the midfield. Got to win some ball there to give the defenders a chance. Fingers crossed for a Showdown Letdown.

He started his reply at you with “watch a game for once”, I’m really getting over it and I’m wondering what Exile and SUNS think of the tone he’s setting around here.

It’s becoming not inclusive, you wouldn’t want to be a kid just writing about his/her favourite team or player around here or you would get savaged.

Sunny can well defend herself but I will say she's a former site moderator and someone who I think has more knowledge in her little finger about The Suns than most have in their entirety so she always has my respect.
Over the past 8 years I can't recall any of her posts being negative or unthinking.

Apologies for my part and thanks for the clarification. To me it came across that you were having a go at me and doubting Rischa's ability. Probably comes from the cumulative garbage I've read writing him off entirely, which I see now that you weren't subscribing to. In fact, now you've explained your position, I will agree whole-heartedly that he's had trouble with turning around, which is a self doubt thing rather than a frailty and it caught him out last week pretty badly. He's going to have to get over that if he's caught half a step behind Gray as he changes direction. I'd hope for May to be free enough to come across to intercept marks and help lock up Gray, which Adelaide did until just before half-time, but he had 6.0 by 3 quarter time.
Anyway, I feel pretty silly for over reacting, so please accept my apologies. You've got a good set of mates backing you up too, which is great to see on the forum.

It looks like Brodie time.

Suns gun may miss Shanghai showdown
Nat Edwards
May 18, 2018 1:47PM

589173-tlslargeportrait.jpg

David Swallow is in some doubt
Related
GOLD Coast midfielder David Swallow is in doubt for Saturday’s clash against Port Adelaide in China with a calf issue.

The former No.1 draft pick joined his teammates for a light run at Jiangwan Stadium on Friday morning, but had his right calf heavily bandaged.

He didn’t appear to move that well, limping at times throughout the session, which lasted over an hour in 30-degree heat.

GOLD COAST GO TALL Suns could think big for Shanghai clash

Swallow copped a knock to his calf in last weekend’s loss to Melbourne and spent most of the last quarter on the bench.

After the game he was seen with ice on his calf and his knee.

Coach Stuart Dew told reporters on Thursday that Swallow had recovered well and would face the Power on Saturday.

If Swallow doesn’t pull up well after Friday’s session, young midfielder Will Brodie is likely to replace him in the team.

It looks like Brodie time.

Suns gun may miss Shanghai showdown
Nat Edwards
May 18, 2018 1:47PM

589173-tlslargeportrait.jpg

David Swallow is in some doubt
Related
GOLD Coast midfielder David Swallow is in doubt for Saturday’s clash against Port Adelaide in China with a calf issue.

The former No.1 draft pick joined his teammates for a light run at Jiangwan Stadium on Friday morning, but had his right calf heavily bandaged.

He didn’t appear to move that well, limping at times throughout the session, which lasted over an hour in 30-degree heat.

GOLD COAST GO TALL Suns could think big for Shanghai clash

Swallow copped a knock to his calf in last weekend’s loss to Melbourne and spent most of the last quarter on the bench.

After the game he was seen with ice on his calf and his knee.

Coach Stuart Dew told reporters on Thursday that Swallow had recovered well and would face the Power on Saturday.

If Swallow doesn’t pull up well after Friday’s session, young midfielder Will Brodie is likely to replace him in the team.
Normally I'd say you're right because Brodie is a like for like replacement, but if Heron replaces Day then perhaps Wright replaces Swallow. Whichever way it goes, Swallow will be given until the morning and they won't show their hand until as late as possible. Not usually the Suns way of doing things, but I think with an important clash like this if we can in any way put Port's gameplan out of kilter before the match it can only suit us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Normally I'd say you're right because Brodie is a like for like replacement, but if Heron replaces Day then perhaps Wright replaces Swallow. Whichever way it goes, Swallow will be given until the morning and they won't show their hand until as late as possible. Not usually the Suns way of doing things, but I think with an important clash like this if we can in any way put Port's gameplan out of kilter before the match it can only suit us.
Not the suns way of doing things? they waited till the warmup to pull a swifty and replace Thompson with that Jet of a footballer Brooksby. then had the commitment to say Thompson was 'injured' for weeks after (gotta go all in on these things). Masterstroke had Port in all sorts. Eade was in another league.
</sarcasm>

Not the suns way of doing things? they waited till the warmup to pull a swifty and replace Thompson with that Jet of a footballer Brooksby. then had the commitment to say Thompson was 'injured' for weeks after (gotta go all in on these things). Masterstroke had Port in all sorts. Eade was in another league.
</sarcasm>
Yes, your sarcasm font is broken. You forgot to mention that the local officials had duped Brooksby into into competing in a Dumpling eating contest during the warmup, which explained his terrible first quarter and subsequent ability to run out the entire game. Some fun facts: Suns over use of the ball set new records, such as 115 possessions per goal, most handballs by a losing team (39th most since records began in 1965) and biggest losing margin by a team in the 99th percentile for most possession in a game for 160 years.

Rohan Connolly is over in China covering the game told a story on Sen about running into Sam Day's parents and girlfriend who are over in China to watch Sam after he missed last years trip with his injury.
Only problem is Sam missed the trip again after getting himself suspended

This must of been what Dermott Brereton was laughing at last night in his very funny interview with Steven May and Travis Boak

Gold Coast fly Jacob Heron’s mum and brother to China to watch his AFL debut at Jiangwan Stadium
f423b3e476a63fdf4faf4ae093090aa5

The Cairns junior was still coming to grips with being selected for his AFL debut against Port Adelaide on Saturday when his mother Jillian and brother Oscar lobbed at the team hotel in Shanghai.

The Suns rookie thought he was travelling to China for experience much like he did for the club’s recent two-week stay in Perth.

SUNS DEBUTANT: JACOB HERON TO MAKE HISTORY IN CHINA

CHINA GAME: AH CHEE EXPLORING HIS HERITAGE IN CHINA

LESSON LEARNT: SUNS FLEW EVERY PLAYER IN BUSINESS CLASS

When he was told he would be playing after Thursday’s training session he couldn’t wait to phone his parents to break the news.

“After training yesterday, Stuey brought the boys in and just announced it in front of the group and all the boys got around me,” he said.

“It was an awesome experience. Honestly I didn’t even think I’d be on the plane to start with. I just arrived here and wasn’t expecting too much and when it happened yesterday, I was like ‘Geez, is this actually happening?’

3e2e1c93477de5043f8b5a5ce744f89b

Gold Coast debutant Jacob Heron will make his AFL debut Jiangwan Stadium in China. Picture: AFL Media
As he fronted his first press conference at Jiangwan Stadium on Friday to talk about the debut he expressed his regret that he wouldn’t have any family there to see it.

Little did he know Suns welfare manager Sam Cohen had hastily arranged visas and a late flight out of Cairns on Thursday afternoon for his mother and brother.

His father was unable to make the trip.

The Suns academy graduate’s teammates have been telling him he will be a trivia question for the rest of his life after this afternoon when he becomes the first player to make his AFL debut in China.

“Some of the boys mentioned it last night and we were trying to figure out if it was true or not,” he said.

80572681bc164b47bc2bd9eb8f990b3f

Heron in action during a NEAFL clash against the Swans. Picture: Mike Batterham
“I guess it is, which is unreal. To be over here in China is almost surreal, and it hasn’t quite sunk in yet but I am looking forward to Saturday.”

Heron followed in the footsteps of 2016 top-10 draft pick Jack Bowes, who he has been mates with since they were kids and played together at the Cairns Saints, who left home at sixteen years of age to live on the Coast and join the Suns academy.

And he becomes another success for the Palm Beach Currumbin high school who have churned out more AFL footballers in recent years than the entire state of Tasmania.

He will play alongside PBC alumni Brad Scheer, and Brayden Crossley on Saturday while Jesse Joyce is an established senior player now but is currently injured.

Max Spencer and Jacob Dawson also went to the school and were part of the academy.

Gold Coast fly Jacob Heron’s mum and brother to China to watch his AFL debut at Jiangwan Stadium
f423b3e476a63fdf4faf4ae093090aa5

The Cairns junior was still coming to grips with being selected for his AFL debut against Port Adelaide on Saturday when his mother Jillian and brother Oscar lobbed at the team hotel in Shanghai.

The Suns rookie thought he was travelling to China for experience much like he did for the club’s recent two-week stay in Perth.

SUNS DEBUTANT: JACOB HERON TO MAKE HISTORY IN CHINA

CHINA GAME: AH CHEE EXPLORING HIS HERITAGE IN CHINA

LESSON LEARNT: SUNS FLEW EVERY PLAYER IN BUSINESS CLASS

When he was told he would be playing after Thursday’s training session he couldn’t wait to phone his parents to break the news.

“After training yesterday, Stuey brought the boys in and just announced it in front of the group and all the boys got around me,” he said.

“It was an awesome experience. Honestly I didn’t even think I’d be on the plane to start with. I just arrived here and wasn’t expecting too much and when it happened yesterday, I was like ‘Geez, is this actually happening?’

3e2e1c93477de5043f8b5a5ce744f89b

Gold Coast debutant Jacob Heron will make his AFL debut Jiangwan Stadium in China. Picture: AFL Media
As he fronted his first press conference at Jiangwan Stadium on Friday to talk about the debut he expressed his regret that he wouldn’t have any family there to see it.

Little did he know Suns welfare manager Sam Cohen had hastily arranged visas and a late flight out of Cairns on Thursday afternoon for his mother and brother.

His father was unable to make the trip.

The Suns academy graduate’s teammates have been telling him he will be a trivia question for the rest of his life after this afternoon when he becomes the first player to make his AFL debut in China.

“Some of the boys mentioned it last night and we were trying to figure out if it was true or not,” he said.

80572681bc164b47bc2bd9eb8f990b3f

Heron in action during a NEAFL clash against the Swans. Picture: Mike Batterham
“I guess it is, which is unreal. To be over here in China is almost surreal, and it hasn’t quite sunk in yet but I am looking forward to Saturday.”

Heron followed in the footsteps of 2016 top-10 draft pick Jack Bowes, who he has been mates with since they were kids and played together at the Cairns Saints, who left home at sixteen years of age to live on the Coast and join the Suns academy.

And he becomes another success for the Palm Beach Currumbin high school who have churned out more AFL footballers in recent years than the entire state of Tasmania.

He will play alongside PBC alumni Brad Scheer, and Brayden Crossley on Saturday while Jesse Joyce is an established senior player now but is currently injured.

Max Spencer and Jacob Dawson also went to the school and were part of the academy.

Palm beach produced more players than Tasmania geez love that stat

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Palm beach produced more players than Tasmania geez love that stat

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I don't think it is true though, certainly not in Heron's case. PBC is doing a great job of attracting families with kids who want to play professional football, previously with Rugby League and now with Aussie Rules. It is just a tenuous claim to suggest that PBC "produced" Jacob Heron. To varying degrees, the other PBC products on the Suns list and in the Academy are legit, although each case has its own story. Brayden Crossley is a PBC product. Sort of. His Dad was a Hall of Fame Dual Premiership player for Southport and Goober played junior footy for the Burleigh Bombers. Jesse Joyce moved from Cooly Blues to PBC. We know Brad Scheer is originally from WA, but he is still regarded as PBC. Caleb Graham is the hottest prospect coming out of PBC, but he's not really from Palmy or even the Gold Coast.
Maybe we should be saying that the Suns Academy has produced more AFL players lately than the whole of Tasmania? A bit of credit to North QLD and other junior clubs doesn't go astray either.

I don't think it is true though, certainly not in Heron's case. PBC is doing a great job of attracting families with kids who want to play professional football, previously with Rugby League and now with Aussie Rules. It is just a tenuous claim to suggest that PBC "produced" Jacob Heron. To varying degrees, the other PBC products on the Suns list and in the Academy are legit, although each case has its own story. Brayden Crossley is a PBC product. Sort of. His Dad was a Hall of Fame Dual Premiership player for Southport and Goober played junior footy for the Burleigh Bombers. Jesse Joyce moved from Cooly Blues to PBC. We know Brad Scheer is originally from WA, but he is still regarded as PBC. Caleb Graham is the hottest prospect coming out of PBC, but he's not really from Palmy or even the Gold Coast.
Maybe we should be saying that the Suns Academy has produced more AFL players lately than the whole of Tasmania? A bit of credit to North QLD and other junior clubs doesn't go astray either.

Even though PBC is just up the road from my place and I’m a massive supporter of Public Education it does get up my nose that they go about taking the credit when the reality is that a child is the sum parts of so many factors, parents, mentors, junior clubs, junior coaches, friends, role models and yes their school as well.

Even though PBC is just up the road from my place and I’m a massive supporter of Public Education it does get up my nose that they go about taking the credit when the reality is that a child is the sum parts of so many factors, parents, mentors, junior clubs, junior coaches, friends, role models and yes their school as well.
Anyone would think they have something to gain from it!

Those training videos had Swallow with his leg bandaged from the knee down. If he plays tomorrow I feel like it would be a huge mistake. We have a hungry young bull ready to go to play for us that isn't standing on one leg. Give Spitta 2 weeks off to recover and get him right and give Brodie a run.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back